What should i pick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should i pick?

My friend is goin to be sch and i we planned on duoing but i wonder what would be a good dynamic job to pick with it im down to PLD, NIN, dnc or brd
    Paladin
    33.33%
    Ninja
    35.90%
    Bard
    7.69%
    Dancer
    23.08%

Re: What should i pick?

Duo'ing with Scholar? Probably NIN, for OK-ish damage output and great damage mitigation. Can go BLU/WAR or BLU/NIN as well.
    Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
    yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
    Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
    leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

NIN is definitely the best of the four, since you already have a healer thus don't really need PLD or DNC, and NIN can complement SCH by using Ni elejutsus to prep the mob for SCH's spells.

Bards make music and they're truly party animals. Their true power is really best reserved for full groups.

Comment

What level are you going to try to duo? At higher levels, you're better off getting parties, unless you just don't have the time.
        ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

If you are going for NIN in duo, you may factor in the cost of Ninja Tools as well. Depends on which preys your duo is targeting, the risk and cost vary, especially for pre-level 37 NIN.

If you are going for PLD in duo, PLD/DNC looks very good in theory o(^^)o. Well, DNC is still new at this moment, so /DNC is not fully explore yet.

As Sabaron from above post mentioned, BRD shines in full party settings.

Since DNC is new, I am not sure its full potential in duo parties.

Another job that is not mentioned in the OP but very good in small parties is PUP.
          Server: Quetzalcoatl
          Race: Hume Rank 7
          75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

Ninja isn't necessarily better than paladin in this situation, IMO; they're both capable tanks from Dunes levels (10 for PLD due to getting Provoke from /WAR, 12 for NIN due to Utsusemi: Ichi) to the end. I'd recommend either. As mentioned, bard is a better full-party job; aside from that, it's squishy much like SCH, so wouldn't make up for each other's weaknesses very well. As for dancer, people are still learning about its ability to hold hate and survive -- and I personally wouldn't recommend a DNC tank before 20 at the earliest (when they get their Provoke flourish), preferably 24 (for shadows from /NIN).

Of course, if you're actually looking to duo in the single digits (which was originally intended to be purely solo so one could learn before trying to work in a team, but works OK duo now thanks to the relatively new Signet bonuses), I'd say PLD wins, personally. You get a secondary source of healing and someone who can hit harder than you. -- Pteryx

Comment

Unless your scholar plans to melee, I don't think Dancer is a particularly good match in a duo. Paladin offers the best flexibility, being able to cover some healing while the Scholar is using Dark Arts, as well as effective melee. Ninja doesn't offer much at low levels, and Bard is more effective as part of a back line, although it may be a better at low levels than ninja.
              Kumei, pickpocket of Midgardsormr(Bastok Rank 10)
              DRK99,DNC91,THF90
              Alchemy 72, Smithing 51, Goldsmithing 48, Leathercraft 23, Fishing 20
              Koren, San d'Orian Adv.(Rank 10)
              WHM95,BLM90,SMN85,RDM82,SCH49
              Woodworking 29,Cooking 20
              All celestials(Trial-Size), Fenrir, Diabolos, Alexander, Odin
              Myrna, Windurstian Merchant
              Clothcraft 24
              Nyamohrreh, Windurstian Adv.(Rank 6)
              BST90,WHM56,DNC45

Comment

NIN can enfeeble (Kurayami, Hojo, and Jubaku), and at lower levels the NIN's armor is comparable to the PLD's. With Utusemi: Ichi, that mans less damage taken over all unless the duo is over hunting.

Between fights, NIN can go find next prey while the Scholar rest, while PLDs would need to heal for MP. I love PLD, but I think NIN would be a better match for duoing with Scholar.
                Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

im sorry i think i phrased the question wrong we plan on duoing but finding full parties if you see what im saying im sorry for all the confusion

Comment

If that is the case then I would go with either Paladin or Ninja. If you have someone who can tank and heal then filling up parties shouldn't be too hard. If I had to pick one or the other, I would go with Paladin, since that may be easier to get the hang of.
                    You kill one man, your a murderer
                    Kill many and your a conquerer
                    Kill them all... your a God.

Comment

thank you for all the input i mean i have had a 75 ninja and a 66 pld im just not sure and was looking for a little guidance

Comment

Working...
                      X