Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my sam is LOADED with ACC, but WS sometimes still miss, why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my sam is LOADED with ACC, but WS sometimes still miss, why?

my sam has full great katana merits + bushinomomi.

when i ws, i have +34 accuracy:

optical hat (10)
    potent belt (8)
    chivalrous chain (5)
    uthalam's ring (4)
    shura haidate (7)

not to mention on top of that: additional +22 dexterity

Yet, I find my tachi:gekko/kasha will miss on occasion, even on mobs that are too weak like lv.44-46 shadows in Fei'yin, undead garm in nyzul, or easy prey orcs in davoi.

missing on too week/easy prey mobs is just lame, i dont know whats wrong.

anyone have any clues?

or is this just a doom factor in having a 1 shot hit ws...
    Our life is but a painting...
    forever criticized for our imperfections...
    and also adored for our brilliance...

Re: my sam is LOADED with ACC, but WS sometimes still miss, why?

You can never have a 100% hit rate. It caps at 95%.

Accuracy - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia Gaming wiki
    Hit Rate - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia Gaming wiki

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
    ------
    Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
    When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

I think the mellee cap on acc is 95% chance to hit. No matter how much +ACC you have, 100% is unattainable.

-edit-

Correction, the only time your mellee attack is 100% is with sneak attack, and that only applys to the first swing, and you must be behind your enemy

Comment

Accuracy in this game (and most RPGs for that matter) caps at around 95% (FF8 went up to 256 which was retarded...). There's always going to be that small chance to miss an enemy. The only way to completely ensure a hit is with Sneak Attack for SAM so don't let it bother you.
        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Like everyone else said, there's always a chance that you'll miss, no matter what gear you have. The same applies to spells and resists. Hell, I resisted on a giddeus bee with petasos and elemental gear once... Flukes will always happen.
          ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Most of SAM's WS are only 1 hit. Other jobs miss just as much, but they have to fail especially hard in order to miss all 4-8 hits in their WS's.

Comment

Define "sometimes" and "miss on occasion" how often? Like the others said, it's not 100%, but if your missing 50% of the time, something is amiss.<---haha!

Comment

Show me a parse or I'll never trust your "find".

YGK, as well as other 1-hit 2hander WSes, are known to have accuracy bonus on it. I have much less accuracy on my TPing set compared to WS set, yet I can show you my parse I hit 94-97% of my WS on merit mob while my TP set only give me 83% on GColibri camp only.

Additionally, YGK have pDIF bonus too, which allow the user to load as much STR as possible instead of atk.
                Thanks,
                Vrytreya

My FFXI Doc

Comment

thanx for the help guys. i didnt know about the 95% max rule. i enjoy this game as much as the next person, but i've never taken the time to read all the stat calculations.

i dont parse either, try not to download too many things off the net.

just out of curiosity, may i ask what kind of gear you guys have on SAM?

Especially VZX's gear i'm quite curious.
                  Our life is but a painting...
                  forever criticized for our imperfections...
                  and also adored for our brilliance...

Comment

Originally posted by Zeiphyr View Post
                    i dont parse either, try not to download too many things off the net.

Even though the internet is 99.9% Virii, there's no need not to download from it. j/k

You do need a parser though to be sure of your calculations. If I hadn't saw the parse I got on BLU the other day, I wouldn't have believed it myself.
                    {New Sig in the works}
                    -----------------------
                    "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                    "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
                    Originally posted by Solymir
                    What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

just out of curiosity, may i ask what kind of gear you guys have on SAM?
                      For TP gain, i ussssssee

hagun
                      Walmart Turban
                      Hauby
                      Forager's Mantle
                      Swift Belt
                      kitty pants
                      sarutobi feet
                      rajas
                      flame
                      hachimon kote
                      brutal earring
                      bushinomimi
                      justice torque
                      smart grenade
                      mythral grip +1

Having a 6-hit TP build is very nice to have for samurai. More weaponskills always mean more fun. Saving up for the +1 kote atm.

WS:

Shura head
                      Osode
                      foragers mantle
                      Warwolf belt
                      shura legs
                      Myochin Kote +1
                      RSE feet
                      rajas
                      flame
                      justice torque
                      bushinomimi
                      brutal earring
                      smart grenade
                      ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                        Most of SAM's WS are only 1 hit. Other jobs miss just as much, but they have to fail especially hard in order to miss all 4-8 hits in their WS's.
                        . _ . this happened to me once as WAR/NIN with rampage on a VT imp...

I still don't know how it happened. I even had Sushi yet through some sheer BS fluke I missed all 8 hits...

Ranks right up there with the time I died from 12 consecutive counter attacks in campaign >_> Orcish Counterstance is BROKEN.
                        sigpic

Comment

I still don't know how it happened. I even had Sushi yet through some sheer BS fluke I missed all 8 hits...
                          Unless you have magical electro-psychic powers and can tell when a 100% whiffed WS gets Double Attack procs, I imagine you meant all 6 hits.

Well, when you do at least a hundred WS per party it was bound to happen eventually.

Comment

It's been ages since it happened but if I'm not mistaken double attack will occur regardless of landing the previous hit. But yeah I know what you mean (rampage does go up to 8 hits though)
                            sigpic

Comment

Especially VZX's gear i'm quite curious.
                              - FFXIAH.com
                              For Kasha.

For Yuki/Gekko/Rana, I swap Flame to Snow Gorget
                              Thanks,
                              Vrytreya

My FFXI Doc

Comment

Working...
                              X