How is the adjustments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How is the adjustments?

Just a little info from my Nyzul Ilse Investigation.

My setup was SAM/WAR 75 Mithra with decent WS gear and ushi GK

I think my WS' were in the range 450-750 normally, got some 800+ a few times, the DRK got around the same numbers on his WS' with a perdu S while the MNK blow us both both in DoT and WS numbers

My best WS dmg was on a DC Peryton(giant bird), with the STR bonus from the floor and a braver's drink I had STR 63+110 and pretty sure I activated Berserk+warcry, the DMG was 1k kasha.

With ushi my normal attacks were in the range 120 to 180 with crits around 240 while the MNK's attacks were just a little under 100 per strick and can't remember his crits
    One Windurst to rule them all
    One Windurst to conquer the others
    One Windurst to find the others
    And in mithraness bind them

Comment

Currently 67-68 sam results from a PT in bibiki vs dhalmels -

what I like the most about this is how the RNG in my PT was averaging 800-1300 per WS last night, and I was at around.. 4-500... anything in the 7-800 area had to be DA'd or something. Basically, damage was cut by 2-400 per WS for me. ACC took a little hit, but it's still nothing too major from what I could tell (then again, we had a brd)

Oh and when the dhalmel zerked? Rng's WS hit for 2200... welcome back, every other melee in the game >.> we're now back to looking worse in most comparisons I'd think, except for the ones that are absurdly stacked with gear. I felt too strong before this patch (since I originally was 75 sam pre-hasso, 2h updates or any of that), but now it just feels a bit drastic in terms of 'adjustments' since it was so sudden. I'm sure it'll all die out and people will just get used to not seeing huge numbers anymore as sam

Comment

Well im a samurai, an i am a lil upset with the update, but only with the fact that they did it because we got TP to fast.. so managing to spam 2 weaponskills of 1200 damage is to much. Yet they fail to see DRK an DRG break 1500 no problem, BLU is self SC'n for 2-3k (not including weaponskill damage) and now a single samurai weaponskill is like a PLD with 200%tp spirits within??? thats a lil BS. they nerfed mnk down an now samurai. when are they gonna realize that if they are trying to even the playing field they cant just drop one jobs damage stats a lot, an than increase another jobs. They are just making the gap bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Yukimaaru View Post
          now a single samurai weaponskill is like a PLD with 200%tp spirits within???
          Go back to page 1 of this thread, and look at the screen shot I linked. The SAM easily averaged 800+ damage per WS on merit level targets. That's not a 200% TP Spirits Within.

The is sky is not falling.
          Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
          yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
          Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
          leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
            Go back to page 1 of this thread, and look at the screen shot I linked. The SAM easily averaged 800+ damage per WS on merit level targets. That's not a 200% TP Spirits Within.

The is sky is not falling.
            take a look at their gear first off tho, the only samurai's still breaking 1k are in all godly R/E gear. Bye Bye Huaby u dont do much anymore.

Comment

so managing to spam 2 weaponskills of 1200 damage is to much. Yet they fail to see DRK an DRG break 1500 no problem, BLU is self SC'n for 2-3k (not including weaponskill damage)
              B/c two ws's of 1200 each is considerably more than one 1500 ws.
              And blu's, atleast as far as I've seen, can only self skillchain every 5 minutes or so.

Originally posted by Yukimaaru
              they nerfed mnk down an now samurai. when are they gonna realize that if they are trying to even the playing field they cant just drop one jobs damage stats a lot, an than increase another jobs. They are just making the gap bigger.
              Dropping the stats on the overpowered job and raising them on the underpowered jobs is decreasing the gap. Thats how that works.
              Now, nerfing the underpowered job and making the overpowered job even more overpowered would be how you would increase the gap.
              I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Originally posted by Caspian View Post
                B/c two ws's of 1200 each is considerably more than one 1500 ws.
                And blu's, atleast as far as I've seen, can only self skillchain every 5 minutes or so.

Dropping the stats on the overpowered job and raising them on the underpowered jobs is decreasing the gap. Thats how that works.
                Now, nerfing the underpowered job and making the overpowered job even more overpowered would be how you would increase the gap.
                but the thing is, by dropping us to average of 600-800 dmg per ws an raising a RNG where they are breakin 1500-2200 per attack, thats a bit blindsiding on samurai. Since RNG gets tp fairly quickly when their range attack lands. All i want is an extra 100-200 damage back. And yet i still see DRK's and DRG's complain that they need more dmg yet they still break 1500-1800 on their WS's.

Comment

But if you're doing twice as many ws's as every other job, then double those ws numbers and you're right around the middle of the pack again.
                  Don't stress too much about it, its been two days, its very likely they'll readjust SAM's ws calculations within a week.

Comment

but the thing is, by dropping us to average of 600-800 dmg per ws an raising a RNG where they are breakin 1500-2200 per attack, thats a bit blindsiding on samurai. Since RNG gets tp fairly quickly when their range attack lands. All i want is an extra 100-200 damage back. And yet i still see DRK's and DRG's complain that they need more dmg yet they still break 1500-1800 on their WS's.
                    err, idk about that. While I'm mostly against this nerf, what you're referencing has a lot to do with mob type. Let's not forget RNG use the highest base DMG weapons available, and get 25% dmg bonus to most merit mobs.
                    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Ok, if anyone complains they're pulling a min. of 1100+ dmg consistently and they say they're dmg is "too weak" they need to be slapped with a trout and be banned from FFXI for being a whiner.

Originally posted by FFXI's view on other MMORPGs
                      'Start learning boy, no you don't get a tutorial, this is man's country! Tutorial's are for little sissy babies who need their mommies! Now, are you a sissy baby or a man?"
                      Dymlos
                      Bahamut server
                      Lv 75 Ranger Lv 75 Samurai

Comment

Originally posted by Dymlos View Post
                        Ok, if anyone complains they're pulling a min. of 1100+ dmg consistently and they say they're dmg is "too weak" they need to be slapped with a trout and be banned from FFXI for being a whiner.
                        Do go ahead and point out where someone complained that was their consistant min damage, please. Oh, and if you could find the post where they followed it up to say it was "too weak", would you? Thanks a lot.

No one will make that complaint, because no one has that circumstance anymore ;o and even when they did, it was a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Yukimaaru
                          And yet i still see DRK's and DRG's complain that they need more dmg yet they still break 1500-1800 on their WS's.
                          I believe this is the comment to which Dymlos is referring.

Comment

Originally posted by replica View Post
                            Do go ahead and point out where someone complained that was their consistant min damage, please. Oh, and if you could find the post where they followed it up to say it was "too weak", would you? Thanks a lot.
                            It was a general statement with how people have been with their 'ubar damage'! after the 2handed update, thinking they're now 'OMG I am god! I do UBAR dmg! Invite me! I do 1337 damage!!!!oneoneone.

Thanks for the quote Casp. ^^

Originally posted by FFXI's view on other MMORPGs
                            'Start learning boy, no you don't get a tutorial, this is man's country! Tutorial's are for little sissy babies who need their mommies! Now, are you a sissy baby or a man?"
                            Dymlos
                            Bahamut server
                            Lv 75 Ranger Lv 75 Samurai

Comment

Working...
                            X