Sam as tank...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sam as tank...

I did some T+ and VT- tanking in the late 40's and early 50's. Sometimes I could actually manage to avoid damage for a full 30 seconds, other times I got my face beat in. Past that? I can do it in Meripos against T and low VT mobs, but they die so fast, they often die before my 3rd Eye /recast is even up. I wouldn't even say it's worth getting the gear for, but yes - it can be done as Balfree pointed. I have also done the same thing as RDM to further drive his point.
    Odude
    PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
    RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
    SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

as a matter of facts.

Yes, Sam can be tank even high level.
      have any of you even aware who is actually tanking in merit party ? The SAM. I have to admit, pld is never the best for merit parties. I have never gotten good exp with a party and being a refresh (RDM BRD and COR). at merit of these class (beside rdm). Pld is never my 1st choice. I rather BURN it with Samx4 or sam,WAR, DRK, Drg just not pld because they are "deadweight".

My rdm isn't high so i been leveling 50-60 just last week. There is absolute shortage of tanks, so i only form groups where me (RDM) as main healing with no other MP require classes using SAM as tank. (so i have alot more time to heal)
      With Sam tanks, i manage to get 50-59 without problem and they are all alot faster then a PLD tank can.

Especially if you get a Galka SAM, those can tank great.

Hence, sam tank is possible... i been using Sam tank alot because they are as good as it but it only limited to the sam's skill and gear wise also depend on what type of monster you challenge.

IT++ ..you better off with a real tank. But VT+-IT sam tank is better overall experience wise.
      -add later-

Comment

Originally posted by wrongfeifong View Post
        as a matter of facts.
        Yes, Sam can be tank even high level.

have any of you even aware who is actually tanking in merit party ? The SAM. I have to admit, pld is never the best for merit parties. I have never gotten good exp with a party and being a refresh (RDM BRD and COR). at merit of these class (beside rdm). Pld is never my 1st choice. I rather BURN it with Samx4 or sam,WAR, DRK, Drg just not pld because they are "deadweight".
        Yeah, with Lv.3 Overwhelm a SAM can basically make a tank useless. I've almost gone to sub'n THF again to give some of these tanks some resemblance of hate management. But dropping 1300 as SAM/NIN means Cover better be up.

It saddens me to hear PLDs being called dead weight, but I hate to admit that they're becoming that in meripos. It doesn't help that a number of them are still "Turtled Up" against mobs that hit even the softest melee for minimal damage, and when they do go PLD/NIN for DD they refuse to use their MP.

But outside of that, the 4 SAM party can be a lot of fun, and a lot of EXP. 3 Man Light can drop most mobs before it can switch to the next person on the hate list. ^^
        Odude
        PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
        RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
        SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

Working...
        X