Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saotome Haidate

Hi Everyone

Recently I obtained a Saotome Haidate. I have a questions about using it in a merit PT type setting.

From what I understand, it makes Third Eye have a 25% counter rate. Now in a merit setting where a SAM under some situations will mainly tank do you see this as a good alternative to the Hachiman Haidate? Also does it make Third Eye last longer? Honestly I find myself using Seigan + Third Eye more often then Hasso as a SAM/WAR and SAM/NIN's recast time is just so disgusting it really makes me not want to do it unless the PT really wants it. That's why I'm wondering if it's worth it or not.

P.S: I'm pretty sure Byakko's Haidate would be better, but for now I'm just curious about using this as main legs while TP.

Re: Saotome Haidate

For starters, I don't have these, for two I'm not 75 yet. (Currently LFP @ 14k - Nobody loves me.) Personally I would rather go with Shn. Haidate for the pure Store TP unless you obviously have access to things like Byakko's Haidate. Now with out Store TP merits, that Store TP+6 is quite nice. If I were soloing though, I would probably use the Soatome Haidate since I'd have Seigan & 3rd Eye up full time. No TP gain from the Counter, but saving an "eye" and not taking damage is always a plus. That and I often find some pretty good damage on Counters.
    Odude
    PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
    RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
    SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

Put the Saotome in your Seigan macro. Put an offensive pair in your Hasso macro. Or, if you pretty much always have Seigan up, just put them in your Third Eye macro and I guess... just have a DD macro that puts on better pants. More counters always = more awesome.

You have the pants. Other Samurai do not. At least attempt to make use of them for a while.

Also, highly doubt it increases Third Eye duration. And if you're tanking full time, Counters 1 out of 4 hits (if that's the correct amount, that is) will pretty much always outperform even Byakko's Haidate.
      "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Yes it does. I accidentally didnt use Seigan and used only Third Eye, it lasted a couple of hits.

Comment

The pants make Third Eye work like you had Seigan up. So you can have hasso up and use third eye and maybe block once or twice and counter some if your really lucky, without seigan up tho they dont last long and usually only block one anyway so its not worth wearing them when using hasso as other legs would be better. I had byakko's haidate before I got these but I used them for a few days to see what they were like and just ended up throwing them in the end. You would be better off with Shn. Haidate and using Seigan/Third Eye (Which 7/10 times lasts 20+ seconds negating all dmg towards you anyway) untill you get Byakko's.
          75 Mnk Sam | 70 Drk | 40 Blm | 37 Nin Rng Thf War
          Woodworking 91.9+2
          ZM:Complete CoP:Complete ToAU:27

Comment

Personally myself id use them in a merit party even though i got Byakkos and Shura :x but if u have a soboro u dont really need the 5% haste so either u live longer or u do little more DoT but if ur killing things very quickly id just go with other legs cause third eye should take it till end for fast fights

Comment

Even with a soboro I'd still use byakko's. God only knows why anyone would ever want to not use a piece of gear with 5% haste. Even with a speed belt that would only put you at 16%+ haste presuming your not using Hasso which I doubt if your talking about staying alive. Im not sure but I think 5% haste will also equate to alot of DoT not just a little.
              75 Mnk Sam | 70 Drk | 40 Blm | 37 Nin Rng Thf War
              Woodworking 91.9+2
              ZM:Complete CoP:Complete ToAU:27

Comment

Working...
              X