• Show
Clear All

Re: SAM/WAR Vs SAM/THF

cap archery, go /rng

[Sky:O][Lufaise Meadows:O][FFXI PhotoAlbum]

SAM75/MNK36/WAR37/THF37/RNG37/NIN21/DRG16/DRK5/PLD16

Comment

well sam/thf is the way to go, dont forget that at lvl 50 theres a katana thats rare ex that gives a 2-3 strike, wich eliminates the pourpus of/war,sub thf n make the damage, n if u need att+ dont forget about the lvl 34 gloves that gives 20+att or the rice balls that along with af okote gives 45 att+ and along with that katana that gives 2-3 strike u make ahuge tp gainage, oh and dont forget if u use shugon rice balls with af gloves u get +8 double attack wich means that u dont need war just for double attack cuz if the food dont cut it, the katana will. and i forgot to say, that shogu rice ball doesnt just give +8 double attack it also gives 45 or more att+ along with hp and some other stats that i forgot, but allakazham has more info on the riceballs and the katana

Comment

Originally posted by luisa View Post
        well sam/thf is the way to go, dont forget that at lvl 50 theres a katana thats rare ex that gives a 2-3 strike, wich eliminates the pourpus of/war,sub thf n make the damage, n if u need att+ dont forget about the lvl 34 gloves that gives 20+att or the rice balls that along with af okote gives 45 att+ and along with that katana that gives 2-3 strike u make ahuge tp gainage, oh and dont forget if u use shugon rice balls with af gloves u get +8 double attack wich means that u dont need war just for double attack cuz if the food dont cut it, the katana will. and i forgot to say, that shogu rice ball doesnt just give +8 double attack it also gives 45 or more att+ along with hp and some other stats that i forgot, but allakazham has more info on the riceballs and the katana
        Wall o' text wins. Here's a translation!

At level 50 samurai, you can obtain the Soboro great katana, which is the kraken club for all samurais. Make sure to sub thief so you can get the extra damage. Also make sure to load up on attack food and O kote.
        ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

thanks lol, thats about it lol oh an d while im here whats this sidewinder i keep hearing about, im lvl 46 rng n i have no ws called that , unless its on the cross bow

Comment

It is a Marksmanship WS, yes.

Comment

thanks for your info and help

Comment

Make sure to sub thief so you can get the extra damage. Also make sure to load up on attack food and O kote.

i actually meant the af kote, cuz okote is the lvl 34 glove that gives 20 att+ , sorry for the confusion

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by luisa View Post
                    thanks lol, thats about it lol oh an d while im here whats this sidewinder i keep hearing about, im lvl 46 rng n i have no ws called that , unless its on the cross bow
                    Originally posted by Murphie View Post
                    It is a Marksmanship WS, yes.
                    >_>?

Sidewinder is Archery; Slug Shot is Marksmanship; both are 175 skill weaponskills. A Ranger with out merit in either skill can reach cap of 178 by Lv.55, so that's when these weaponskills first become available for use.

Edit:
                    For SAM's, who do not have Marksmanship skill, only Sidewinder is available. Archery cap reaches 175 for unmerited SAM at Lv.57, according to FFXI Skill Capture (JP).
                    Last edited by ItazuraNhomango; 01-30-2007, 11:46 PM.
                    Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                    yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                    Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                    leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Oh, sorry. I should have looked that up before answering. XD

Comment

just thought I should add: Soboro with /war is good. You don't sub war just for Double attack. You sub it for Berserk too. Soboro hits are weak, you want that +attack to make them actually close to respectable. Meanwhile, /thf gives you a crit on one hit/minute, when you make so many attacks a minute that one crit isn't gonna be all that much. Of course, that'll be a SA WS or SATA WS, so the numbers wouldn't be too terrible, but still -- Berserk is great. Oh, and Soboro Double-Triple attack doesn't activate on weapon skills. /war would make 10% of your WSs much prettier.

Of course, /rng seems incredible with Soboro. Since you have a bow for real damage, you can just use A rank GK for extremely fast tp.

I hate Soboro.
                        "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

In my opinion, Soboro does not work well with /THF. It is true that Soboro has a fast TP gain, however, Sneak Attack is on 1 minute timer. Assume that the SAM has decent accuracy and proper use of Mediate, I won't be surprised if he can use multiple WS every minute with Soboro, SA timer cannot keep up. Using WS without Beserk or Sneak Attack is not very impressive, and the base damage of the weapon has a huge impact on WS, especially with SA + WS or multi-hit WS.

Soboro base damage is low for Great Katana WS. Using Soboro for TP gain and Sidewinder is great because its base damage is comes from bow + arrow, not Soboro.

For SAM AF gloves + riceball, I don't really like it. Assume that the SAM has enough accuracy with using sushi, Sis Kebai, Yellow Curry or Coeurl Sub can ofter more attack+ at those level if stacked with Beserk. The Enmity+ from the AF gloves is not good for DD for many situations, except for backup tanking or Trick Attack. Tomosama Rice's bonus does not offer STR+, its defense bonus is too low to make any difference when I get hate, the attack bonus is not that outstanding compare to other food, and no noticeable different on increase of double attack.
                          Server: Quetzalcoatl
                          Race: Hume Rank 7
                          75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

Working...
                          X