• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAM/WAR Vs SAM/THF

SAM/WAR = Beserk, Meditate,Hasso,Seigan,Double Attack, More STR
    Vs
    SAM/THF SATA,Meditate,Hasso,Seigan,Flee,Steal, More DEX

Which would you find better? I have lvl37 WAR and lvl20 Thief and I dont feel like lvling Thief atm so I'm stuck with /WAR until I get suited up.

Re: SAM/WAR Vs SAM/THF

Warrior.

No, I do not have a life.

Comment

IMHO, with Zanshin moved to level 20 and introduction of Hasso, it equally boost damage dealing power of both SAM/WAR and SAM/THF.

With the Third Eye changes and Saigan, the difference between SAM/THF and SAM/WAR maybe damage migration. With SAM's decent evasion skill and swap in some evasion gear, THF's Evasion Bonus job trait may make Saigan + Third Eye worthwhile.

At level 60+, I would favor SAM/THF with the new changes. Hasso's STR+ boost is quite nice for SA + Tachi: Yukikaze (it gives +8 STR to me).
      Server: Quetzalcoatl
      Race: Hume Rank 7
      75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

Just have Thf ready. Sometimes it's requested if there's no Thf in the party and you have to make the hate stick. It helps on Beseiged too when you can barely make a hit on the mobs.

Comment

level 35 SA Enpi with Seigan to back you up when you get hate... but really, I don't see how the balance has changed.

What are the stats all DDs look for? +acc, +str, +attack. When they have the money, +haste. Hasso takes care of 3 of these 4, leaving Berserk to take the last. Berserk will still have about the biggest impact on your damage, and Zanshin may be great but Zanshin + Double Attack is better. You see, all these changes just complement War sub.

And of course, +10 STR @level 75 will definately compliment SA Kasha. So I'm not saying it's meant to shun /thf. Just that I don't think this at all tipped the scales in favor of /thf.
          "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Yeah it's really still situational as to what's best. Both situations just got a whole lot better though, that's for sure.

Comment

/WAR is overall better in terms of damage, Double Attack and Berserk are just nuts. At 60, /THF is good cause of SATA. All that Hassan has done is made the damage of a SAM/THF look better, which when compared with other jobs is a good thing. But compared with SAM/WAR, the same gap still exists. And now that Zanshin has been moved down, SAM/WAR dominates 1-60 even more(although in my eyes, SAM/THF pre-60 sucks hard except for MAYBE the 30's, and even then /WAR sub beats it cause SAM's get Berserk at 30).

But in a PUG party, I'd feel safer with SAM/THF after 60. Just cause if your tank sucks, you have less of a chance grabbing hate as SAM/THF.
              Cleverness - Hades
              75BLU/75RDM/75NIN/60SAM/59SMN
              DRK/NIN/WHM/BLM/SCH/WAR/PLD subs

Comment

<--- lvl60 SAM :D thanks for your opinions

Comment

im having a lot of fun as a SAM66/THF33 atm, its very nice pushing your WS's into 4 digits and your pt members are just like "NICE!" i love the large spike damage and seeing half the mobs HP disappear from my Tachi: Gekko, very nice. But i love /WAR as well, the DoT is quite nice.

Comment

After the update, I have try SAM/THF in one party and SAM/WAR in another party.

The TP gain from Hasso + Double Attack for SAM/WAR is just amazing. When my TP is consistently at 150+ while my Skillchain partner reaches 100 TP, plus the STR+acc boost from Hasso, Tachi: Yukikaze without SA still does very nice damage.

On the other hand, Seigan + Third Eye is very nice for pulling.

Overall I am very happy with the update ^o^!
                    Server: Quetzalcoatl
                    Race: Hume Rank 7
                    75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

At 60 i have Soboro and i sub thf for saftey of TA now :3 even if there is no first voke i do a ta +ws on tank, soboro is just crazy.

Comment

End game (75)

If you own an Amanomurakumo, SAM/WAR is by far greater than SAM/THF.

Else,
                        SAM/WAR - Better overall damage but you will get hit sometimes and your number isn't that nice.
                        SAM/THF - Higher damage when using SA+WS but the main reason is to do TA+WS for PLD/NIN
                        SAM/NIN - Best survivablility with Seigan and Utsusemi, you can unleash as much hate as possible. DO cancel Hasso/Seigan before cast Utsusemi, though.

Comment

Depends on what and where you fight, as well if you are geared properly for either occasions.

But keep both ready if I were you
                          "For too long, people just accepted their fate, their destiny. I for one, choose to fight it everyday, because to a man, there is no worthier an adversary." -Me

Linkshells: WindurstCavalry http://windurstcavalry.org | DarkLegacy http://dl.finalfantasyeleven.org

Comment

Originally posted by eva00r View Post
                            End game (75)
                            If you own an Amanomurakumo, SAM/WAR is by far greater than SAM/THF.
                            Not exactly. While I do feel /WAR becomes a lot better, and I began to use it more even in EXP, I still find /THF sub the clear cut winner in some cases.

Comment

Before 60 War definitely. Double attack will help a lot more than what you will get from /thf.
                              http://www.livejournal.com/users/zandria_/
                              ---
                              Dra Bmyhad Ec Toehk - FF7
                              ----
                              Final Fantasy XI - Zandria

Comment

Working...
                              X