Food for the Beginning SAM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food for the Beginning SAM

I see a fair amount of topics for jobs regarding food for the higher lvls, however I'm trying to find an affordable, hopefully stackable, food for my lvl 20 SAM.

Can anyone kindly make suggestions on how I should proceed with food from 20-40? I'd really not rather waste gil if I'm going to whiff hits all day.

Thx
    "True friends stab you in the front" - Oscar Wilde
    Snowcrash - WAR37/SAM26/RDM24/MNK24/WHM17/BLM10/THF8

Re: Food for the Beginning SAM

Rice Dumplings are your best bet as they offer, among other things:

* HP +17
    * Strength +3
    * Attack +20% (Cap: 45@225 Base Attack)
    * Accuracy +5

So you have a nice mix of atk and accuracy. The +5 accuracy is more than you'll get from sushi at that level plus you don't have to sacrifice attack. It's not the cheapest food in the world on my server, but for what it does it's worth it. It'll keep you accurate and boost your damage at the same time until around your late 40s and early 50s when you might want to switch to sushi with an attack build or mithkabobs if you have good accuracy gear.
    My Signature. Now with 50% more processed ham product than those other leading signatures.

Which FF Character Are You?
    Originally posted by Balfree
    Why does every discussion have to be a little festivity of sorts, with purple doom rain and lunatic frogs singing the yodelay on top of mushrooms and little babies being eaten by crazy flying cows and green gas explosions on the horizon and screaming goats?

Comment

Assuming you can't get Rice Dumplings, this page lets you know when to use what attack food: http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/food.php#Melee_Attack

Grilled Hare, Roast Mutton and Dhalmel Steak are the most cost-effective in their tiers. After Dhalmel Steak or Mithkabobs you'll probably want to switch to sushi, but I can't say from experience since my highest melee is 30.
      lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

thanks....I'll mix and match and see what I can come up with that will be most effective.
        "True friends stab you in the front" - Oscar Wilde
        Snowcrash - WAR37/SAM26/RDM24/MNK24/WHM17/BLM10/THF8

Comment

Rice dumplings aslo give a +30% bonus to ranged attack (among various other goodies like resist paralyse and +2 hhp and hmp)

This means that your arrows are going to smack hard. Have fun :D
          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Rice dumplings are expensive.

Comment

I like tenticle sushi at those levels.
              double attack every once in a while isn't bad.

And I have no idea where there low acc-sushi at earily level poked in.

Attk isn't bad but, 5acc is crap.

Sushi has always improved more for me then a simple 5acc at almost any level pass 10.

Comment

Yes, but the idea is the combination of +20% attack and +5 acc is better than +15-19% acc alone. As far as base DoT is concerned, I'm not sure it would be better than the +25-27% attack you could be getting from meat at those levels, but people hate to see misses and the more frequent WSes from the dumpling might make it superior. As pointed out though, dumplings are expensive. Rice Dumpling, Tentacle Sushi, and Squid Sushi were comparable in price on my server last time I checked. Roast Mutton or Dhalmel Steak, 3 hour foods for less than 2k each from an NPC, are definately the best bang for your buck if you're less than rich.
                lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage
                  Yes, but the idea is the combination of +20% attack and +5 acc is better than +15-19% acc alone. As far as base DoT is concerned, I'm not sure it would be better than the +25-27% attack you could be getting from meat at those levels, but people hate to see misses and the more frequent WSes from the dumpling might make it superior. As pointed out though, dumplings are expensive. Rice Dumpling, Tentacle Sushi, and Squid Sushi were comparable in price on my server last time I checked. Roast Mutton or Dhalmel Steak, 3 hour foods for less than 2k each from an NPC, are definately the best bang for your buck if you're less than rich.
                  Depend on your style of play, pt, eq and even race.

camping a spot that has 3 or more lvl diference btween you is going to favor acc.

having a well reponsive pt will favor acc.

If you like to ws at 100% acc favor you.

On other hand, a lower lvl difference favors more at. (you pretty much hit enough)

pts that restrict you, favor att. ( sam 185% tp, thf 95% tp ready for sc! situation)

finally monsters's will favor one or another. A beetle eva up will screw many attk up eaters.

Usually acc is more robust then attk, since many of the most deadly attacks are multi hit. Missing your 2nd enpi hit is way more devistating then 20 less damage.

price wise, I think there are several cheaper calibur sushi's but yes, attk food is generally cheaper.

In which case, have rl! chrisma and talk your pt into fighting monsters you know you can hit without acc up.

Comment

Sushi acc+ bonus is base on percentage. The more base accuracy (before eatting food) you have, the more accuracy get from sushi. At low level there isn't enough base accuracy from Great Katana skill and gear in order to gain the most advantage from sushi. If you eat sushi in exp parties in Dunes, Qufim, or the Jungles, I doubt the acc+ bonus will be more than the +5 acc boost from Rice Drumpling.
                    Server: Quetzalcoatl
                    Race: Hume Rank 7
                    75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

Working...
                    X