This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Character - Race

the only exception to this is the galka-mages. i have pt'd with nearly every possible combination of race/job, and the only ones that ever gave me any problems are some (not all, but some) of the galka-mages. they just seem to not have enough mp...
    If that's the case, then either those Galkan mages didn't have good MP conservation skills, or the party itself just wasn't all that great to begin with. A bad PT will run any race of mage dry.

With the right equipment, MP is never a problem, especially in the endgame. FYI, as a WHM, I have over 1000 MP. I could have that as a BLM as well, but INT and elemental skill are more important to me.
    All Nations: Rank 10
    Rise of the Zilart: Complete
    Chains of Promathia: Complete
    75 BRD/75 WHM/75 BLM/75 MNK/75 RDM/57 DRK/40 THF/39 WAR/37 NIN & SMN/All the rest < 37

What to level next? (DRK!)

Comment

Originally posted by UnnamedGalka
      If that's the case, then either those Galkan mages didn't have good MP conservation skills, or the party itself just wasn't all that great to begin with. A bad PT will run any race of mage dry.

With the right equipment, MP is never a problem, especially in the endgame. FYI, as a WHM, I have over 1000 MP. I could have that as a BLM as well, but INT and elemental skill are more important to me.
      this is true. most of the galka mages i've pt'd with did just fine. they just need to work a little harder, which most of them do.

like i said, the problem isn't great enough for me to not invite a mage simply because he is a galka. all i'm saying is, if it is your first time playing the game, i don't reccommend a galka-mage as your first job combination. the job can be played just fine, but as you said, i does require a little more learned skills in mp management, which most experienced players have... hopefully...
      Last edited by aegina; 11-03-2005, 04:16 PM.

ionia of Cait Sith! 75 RDM, 75 THF
      Plotting World Domination and doing silly emotes on a server probably not near you!
      I live to entertain!

Comment

I already have a WHM Elvaan level 9 that I have been working hard on. Should I just stick with him? He has even hammer and staff stats at 21. I have been trying to lvl them evenly (was told by a guild-mate that hammer is nice to have as a back-up). I don't know! lol So many choices. If it would work, I would really like to level my WHM up to 30 then go SAM. Keyword being IF it would work. Could it?

Comment

elvan does just fine as both whm and sam.

ionia of Cait Sith! 75 RDM, 75 THF
          Plotting World Domination and doing silly emotes on a server probably not near you!
          I live to entertain!

Comment

Ok. Cool. Then I dont have that much to worry about. Thanks a bunch guys. I can't wait! I'm so excited! lol

Comment

lol but as a 65 elvaan sam i suggest u lv war till end of jungles and FYI on whm most hammers are only good for soloing so after lv10 use staffs with mnd+ >,,> it helps believe me people lose all common sense in dunes >,,>
              The Last and Only Samurai, All Shall Die at My Blade

Comment

Alright. Thanks a bunch for the help guys.

Comment

lol no prob its nice to know there will be a good sam on another server lol
                  The Last and Only Samurai, All Shall Die at My Blade

Comment

Working...
                  X