This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Character - Race

Ok. I would really like to make a Samurai. I know I have to get to lvl 30, etc. What would be the best race to have to start this new character? Some people have told me hume, other have told me Galka or Taru. I DON'T KNOW! Such a tough decision...

Re: New Character - Race

Elvaan and Galka make arguably the best SAM as they have the highest base STR and STR is used in all of Samurai's WS. However, it really doesn't matter what race you are overal. They all work equally as well.
    All spells obtained!
    Homam Gear: 2/5

Comment

Didn't someone just post a sticky about choosing races?
      You kill one man, your a murderer
      Kill many and your a conquerer
      Kill them all... your a God.

Comment

Alright. I think I am going to go with Elvaan. Thanks a bunch guys.

Comment

go what you like

i like mithra, i know elvaan has the best STR
          and acc is easier to get then those STR

but i wanted to play mithra and so my choice was easy
          Monchichie

Ayumie

Comment

I have 2 Samurais: an Elvaan at 61 and a Galka at 56, I like the Galka more just because of the overall look, the AF just fits Galka better imo, but then again how long are you gonna use AF?
            Oh, and elvaan have the lowest dex in the game, I think. Correct me if im wrong.

Comment

There will be races arguably better than others. But seriously nothing will have you more pleased than if you play the race you just like most. Keep in mind you may actually change job choice at some point in this game and the race you choose for SAM may or may not be top choice for the other job.

Comment

Very true. I really like Elvaan and Galka. So, I guess I just need to figure out which one I like more. I will most likely go with Galka. They are cool, lol. Thanks a bunch guys. Oh btw, you have to be lvl 30 to get the advanced job am I correct?

Comment

Yup level 30 to accept and complete SAM quest.

Comment

Alrighty. It is gonna take me forevor to get there, but I will make it eventually.
                    Last edited by TGNExtendedGamer; 11-03-2005, 08:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

try war or whm (so called easy jobs to hit 30 an cheapest)
                      The Last and Only Samurai, All Shall Die at My Blade

Comment

yeah youll go up as WHM very fast
                        CHECK MY JOURNAL!

Comment

I say stick with WAR. WHM will get you to 30 quick, but will be pointless for your SAM once you earn it. With WAR, you can turn around and use that as your sub for at least 60 levels if you got it to 30.

Comment

aie trueness sorry forgot u wanted to go sam lol yes do war an use spears very cheap an do dam i did an my friends call me a L33T sam >,,> whatever that means <,,<
                            The Last and Only Samurai, All Shall Die at My Blade

Comment

the stat differences between races are so minor, you should almost always choose your race because you like the way it looks. any race can play any job, with the stat differences between races being so minor, they're almost unnoticable.

the only exception to this is the galka-mages. i have pt'd with nearly every possible combination of race/job, and the only ones that ever gave me any problems are some (not all, but some) of the galka-mages. they just seem to not have enough mp...

i'll still invite a galka-mage without a second thought, though, and have on many occasions.

ionia of Cait Sith! 75 RDM, 75 THF
                              Plotting World Domination and doing silly emotes on a server probably not near you!
                              I live to entertain!

Comment

Working...
                              X