This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Update March 08 Your opinion

Well the resaults are in, and from what i can see RDM is overlooked again, with the exception of enspell changes. But this isnt enough to radically change how RDM is viewed unless we are talking about heavy boost to enspells from enhancing magic.

However /SCH looks to be more welcome now with the MP regeneration ability, will make a nice addition to times in between convert timers (if that ever happens).
    As well as offer us additional white and black magic. (Which we probably already have.)

Well im pretty disapointed overall and guess my hold out for retirement wasnt worth. 20 days left and I am out GL with your ingame adventures RDM's. Mr.Mageo out.

sig courtesy tgm
    retired -08

Comment

Whine whine whine... seriously, will it ever stop?

2002: Red Mage was horrible.
      No Refresh, no Convert, no Phalanx.

2003: Above 3 were added, Red Mage finally creeps into its own niche.

2004-current: Red Mages everywhere whining about how left out they feel because they can't swing their swords despite the fact that they are currently the best job in the game.

Seriously, people. If you want so desperately to swing a weapon while in a party situation there are a ton of jobs out there that can do it successfully without making any tradeoffs.

You guys have it so good already, and still you want more. Sheesh.

Complain about Red Mage not getting any updates in forever? Might it have something to do with the job being perfectly fine the way it is already? Last time I checked, Red Mage can wield a decent variety of decent weapons - TWO KINDS. Red Mages can solo stuff that would kill most other jobs outright, and STILL you want more.

You know, every time I see a post like that, I start wishing Square-Enix really WOULD give Red Mage some more melee skills.

...and take away Refresh.

Give it to Scholar or White Mage instead. God only knows, it seems Red Mages don't really want the spell.

And then see how all the people who think they're ever so neglected feel then.

Icemage

Comment

Your damn right i dont want the spell, has caused me nothing but headaches since i got that magical ding @ 41

sig courtesy tgm
        retired -08

Comment

Gotta be careful there... Instead of having RDMs complaining about not being able to frontline DD, you'll have RDMs complaining about not getting invites.

WHM99 - RDM99 - WAR99 - BRD99 - MNK99 - BLM99 - DNC99 - SCH 99 - BST 99
          WorldSlayers ~ Asura http://sillygalka.blogspot.com

Comment

Icemage makes me wish there was a Thanks +5 button.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

I agree. And please, SE, don't listen to RDMs who say "I would gladly give up Refresh," because they are not representative of RDMs as a whole.

Comment

well ive been going over the update in my head, and in a roundabout way SE has come through with their promise.

Mages that /SCH will no longer need continuos refresh as the can gain MP from losing HP

Haste has been changed so you can only stack so much before its useless, so if a BRD is playing his tunes then Haste spell is not needed.

As for lack of invites, wouldnt happen for meripo im not invited to cast refresh to TP burns cuz im the only one there that needs it

sig courtesy tgm
                retired -08

Comment

Yes, but it is the presence of refresh that allows you to cast all the other stuff they need you to cast.

Comment

That is true. However if i /SCH i get cuts to MP usage, an aditional form of MP conservation, Boosts to Magic skills, as well as (specualtion) WHM -na spells I think /SCH is the new WHM now with regen 2

sig courtesy tgm
                    retired -08

Comment

Originally posted by MrMageo View Post
                      well ive been going over the update in my head, and in a roundabout way SE has come through with their promise.

Mages that /SCH will no longer need continuos refresh as the can gain MP from losing HP

Haste has been changed so you can only stack so much before its useless, so if a BRD is playing his tunes then Haste spell is not needed.

As for lack of invites, wouldnt happen for meripo im not invited to cast refresh to TP burns cuz im the only one there that needs it
                      Wait, so you'd have no refresh and you wouldn't cast haste...why would they need you?

Part of the reason WHY a Rdm can last so long is because of Refresh. If other jobs had that...you wouldn't be the never ending battery.

Hell if Whm got refresh, they could sub Sch and keep a pt alive better then a Rdm could any day.
                      "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Idea - any thought whatsoever = new post?

Comment

This topic can now be recycled....The Poll is closed update has arrived, Thanks for everyone who voted the winner is Option 2.

sig courtesy tgm
                          retired -08

Comment

Originally posted by StarvingArtist
                            I like that thought, give up Refresh and keep Convert. Let us Whms have Refresh so we don't have to compete as a main healer. You Rdms can compete with the other DDs~
                            Funny how I made a post about that just a couple weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMageo View Post
                              This topic can now be recycled....The Poll is closed update has arrived, Thanks for everyone who voted the winner is Option 2.
                              So ... do you feel better that the thread is finished? I'm sure it brought you no end of happiness to see everyone's opinions.

Comment

Any RDMs who want to use their swords in the front line- level Paladin.

That's what I did. I got it all out of my system. Although I DO have a new appreciation for how awesome the Joyeuse is..

Also, MrMageo, please DIAF.
                                The Tao of Ren
                                FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
                                Originally posted by Kaeko
                                As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Working...
                                X