This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update March 08 Your opinion

Ok seeing as we are still in the dark about how the are going to make there hinted change to melee on RDM im curious to think what the rest of you believe.

Some Rules

1. No flames, counter views, of peoples opinions
    2. No suggestions of new abilities just a yes,no, and a breif why
    3. This is not a discssion this is a poll please keep discussions to the many other topics
    Yes i think SE will make melee more desired
    33.33%
    No i dont think SE will make melee desirable in eyes of community
    46.67%
    I think they will either hurt the job or make it to strong
    20.00%

The poll is expired.

sig courtesy tgm
    retired -08

Re: Update March 08 Your opinion

Personally, I believe that since they haven't mentioned RDM at all, that they may not do anything to it at this time. I also don't feel that RDM should get any buffing until the jobs everyone considers sub-par get theirs. DRG is in need of some late game assistance. SMN is missing some teeth (it's been a mediocre main heal for how long now?). SCH needs a power up, and so does PUP. 3/4 of these jobs are getting buffs in the next update as noted in previous information.

You left out the option for RDM will not be altered significantly, but that sort of falls under the "No" category.

Comment

Heh forgot to put my why.

Option2.

I dont think any update will be enough to make RDM melee change in the eyes of the community. Unless they seriously overpower RDM,or under power its spell casting. I think RDM's "Cure-Bot" style of play is going to be hard-imposible to cange.

sig courtesy tgm
      retired -08

Comment

Option 4: I'll just wait and see what they actually do and reserve judgment until then.

Icemage

Comment

I was going to make "I don't care about RDM melee one way or the other" as option 4, Icemage. Can we make yours 5?

Comment

RDM melee is just fine. I was soloing on RDM/DRK yesterday and pulling out 500-800 Vorpals without even touching my /DRK /ja. And my melee gear is not that great. You could even say that I don't have a melee setup. I bet if I geared myself really well I'd be parsing just as well as some heavy hitters.
            sigpic
            ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
            ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
            ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
            ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

I just got off the phone with a SGM and they'll be adding a sword with 1/tick refresh, +10 MAcc/MAB, and +20 Acc/Atk, drops off a level 90 mob that is Bind/Grav resistant but must be DoT solo'd.

Screenshots of the phone call coming soon, slow Photobucket.

Ok, ok, for serious: I personally don't think that a RDM melee will be in this update, I think it'll come further down the road, maybe in 1-2.

In terms of impact on the community, short of them giving an sword like stated above, it'll be next to nothing. RDM soloing would pick up a bit, which would be really nice in some situations, but in reality RDM melee isn't so looked down upon because it's so bad, it is because backline RDM is borderline broken and is capable of single-handedly impacting a party in ways that a single DD cannot.

Nothing is going to come that will revolutionize RDM gameplay, because if it did, it would destroy balance, cross the streams, and mass asplosions and penis would ensue(and this is coming from possibly the largest proponent of melee RDM on these forums, so don't think these are biased comments).
              Last edited by Callisto; 03-07-2008, 12:02 PM.
              Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Can someone tell me when we started being able to vote on facts? I saw this on CNN earlier too.

If we can vote for facts, can I vote that the sky is white? A white sky would be cool.

Comment

"Wait, Egon, you said crossing the streams was bad."

Comment

I think, no matter what SE does to RDM, the community will still find reasons to shove them in the back. Haste/cure/refresh bot.

Although just in my opinion on RDM, although i know its not the place to discuss it, but meh, RDM is the Balanced mage, they should be ready for any situation with the right subjobs, if they are needed in the back, fine, if they are needed in the front, fine, if they need to kite/tank fine. Its a very flexible job, but alot of RDMs these days don't know this and only have like ONE subjob and 90% of the time its /blm. So don't be surprised when you get the "-_-" look from your leaders when you say you don't have /drk for something like Dynamis Lord.
                    62Dancer | 75Corsair | 75Beastmaster | 75Paladin | 75Bard

Your resource for FFXI Farming

Comment

Originally posted by Selphiie The Enchantress View Post
                      So don't be surprised when you get the "-_-" look from your leaders when you say you don't have /drk for something like Dynamis Lord.
                      You should see the text faces I get when I tell LSmates I'm coming /RNG or some shit like that to meripo lol...
                      Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

I saw a taru RDM/RNG kicking ass once.

For some reason, he was down in Toraimorai screwdrivering Pugils.

Actually, come to think of it, he wasn't kicking ass so much as completely bizarre.

Comment

I can't wait for all the cool stuff we'll get on this update!

New H2h weapons, a bow and probably a piece or two of lvl 51 equipment with INT/MND +1 and healing HP. SE really spoils RDMs.
                          sigpic
                          "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                          Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
                            I can't wait for all the cool stuff we'll get on this update!

New H2h weapons, a bow and probably a piece or two of lvl 51 equipment with INT/MND +1 and healing HP. SE really spoils RDMs.
                            Hah!

Really all I would want would be a mild upgrade to Enspell damage. Making RDM into something resembling even Blue Mage in combat capacity would be encroaching on the uniqueness of that job, so I don't see S-E ever really doing that now that Blue Mage is in the game (not that Blue Mages are all that and a bag of chips in combat, but they're certainly still noticeably better at it than Red Mages).

If anything, I would rather that Square-Enix give BLUE Mages something more. They need the help far more.

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                              "Wait, Egon, you said crossing the streams was bad."
                              "Tell him about the Twinkie."

"What about the Twinkie?"

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Working...
                              X