Can RDM Elv. Get parties? I found this link. PLZ HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can RDM Elv. Get parties? I found this link. PLZ HELP

I am a Elv lvl 7 RDM but, I don't wanna keep lvling her if I am not gonna get parties or in later lvls it not be a good job for elv. I need advice!
    Should I remake and be a Hume or Stay a Elv?

Heres the link I found.
    http://www.finalfantasyxionline.com/...eguide2.php#b4

PLZ HELP!

Re: Can RDM Elv. Get parties? I found this link. PLZ HELP

Yes, yes an Elvaan RDM can get parties, I'm a good example^^b

RDM is the most versatile job, you can pretty much do it well as any race as long as you know what your weaknesses are and equip to make up for them. An Elvaan RDM will have a great natural MND stat, which is important for RDM as it will affect your White Magic Spells, however, Elvaan will be lacking in MP and INT. Also, at lower levels the higher STR stat of an Elvaan allows even RDMs to get into the front line with a sword and do some respectable damage.

Especially at lower levels, food can easily make up the difference between an Elvaan RDM and a different race. Rolanberry pies are usually very cheap, give a huge(relatively at low levels)MP boost, as well as a good INT boost. At endgame levels, marron glace is also nice and cheap and gives a sizeable chunk of MP(by this level you should have all the INT/MND you need from your gear.)

At higher levels, an Elvaan RDM is a solo machine, able to hit harder and take more punishment than other races, but as long as you keep yourself equipped decently to make up for your lacking MP and INT, as well as learn to play the job properly, you'll have no problems getting invites.

I personally wouldn't do RDM on any other race except mayne Hume, because it's nice and balanced. IMHO Elvaans make great RDMs!
    Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Originally posted by Callisto View Post
      Yes, yes an Elvaan RDM can get parties, I'm a good example^^b

RDM is the most versatile job, you can pretty much do it well as any race as long as you know what your weaknesses are and equip to make up for them. An Elvaan RDM will have a great natural MND stat, which is important for RDM as it will affect your White Magic Spells, however, Elvaan will be lacking in MP and INT. Also, at lower levels the higher STR stat of an Elvaan allows even RDMs to get into the front line with a sword and do some respectable damage.

Especially at lower levels, food can easily make up the difference between an Elvaan RDM and a different race. Rolanberry pies are usually very cheap, give a huge(relatively at low levels)MP boost, as well as a good INT boost. At endgame levels, marron glace is also nice and cheap and gives a sizeable chunk of MP(by this level you should have all the INT/MND you need from your gear.)

At higher levels, an Elvaan RDM is a solo machine, able to hit harder and take more punishment than other races, but as long as you keep yourself equipped decently to make up for your lacking MP and INT, as well as learn to play the job properly, you'll have no problems getting invites.

I personally wouldn't do RDM on any other race except mayne Hume, because it's nice and balanced. IMHO Elvaans make great RDMs!
      Thanks so much I hope I can afford the stuff to make her a good RDM ^^ I love the RDM job. What do you Suggjest as a sub?

Comment

Originally posted by Animeangel77 View Post
        Thanks so much I hope I can afford the stuff to make her a good RDM ^^ I love the RDM job. What do you Suggjest as a sub?
        At lower levels I'd suggest WHM as your go-to sub, you'll get the most utility out of it in terms of useful spells, as well as a decent MP boost. Early on you'll want both WHM and BLM kept up so that you can sub either one as needed. Eventually you may want to play with other subs, /DRK is a great sub at higher levels, especially for Elvaan, /NIN is a premiere solo sub, and even WAR, THF, and BLU have uses.

The best advice I can give: Don't be afraid to slow down your leveling so that you have time to farm for money for gear, and ask plenty of questions/read forums so that you can get some ideas of what makes a good RDM. Once you have a few parties that you do well in, and the people around your level know that you're a good RDM, getting invites will be the easy part.
        Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Originally posted by Callisto View Post
          At lower levels I'd suggest WHM as your go-to sub, you'll get the most utility out of it in terms of useful spells, as well as a decent MP boost. Early on you'll want both WHM and BLM kept up so that you can sub either one as needed. Eventually you may want to play with other subs, /DRK is a great sub at higher levels, especially for Elvaan, /NIN is a premiere solo sub, and even WAR, THF, and BLU have uses.

The best advice I can give: Don't be afraid to slow down your leveling so that you have time to farm for money for gear, and ask plenty of questions/read forums so that you can get some ideas of what makes a good RDM. Once you have a few parties that you do well in, and the people around your level know that you're a good RDM, getting invites will be the easy part.
          I can't thank you enuff ^^ you have really helped me. I gave you thanks i Can't wait to be lvl 75 hehe

Comment

I invite the ones that bathe.

Comment

Any guide that says that certain races would not do good at certain jobs should be ignored altogether.
              You kill one man, your a murderer
              Kill many and your a conquerer
              Kill them all... your a God.

Comment

Give up now! Taru or nothing is my motto!!!!

Well ok, I guess if you like how the elvaan looks *shiver* I say keep it. All the races can play all the jobs, mp and stats are repairable with gear. Granted some of the gear can get pricey, but it's a trade off. You'll have better stats in other departments while another race with have better stats elsewhere.

I've seen galka whm with more MP than my taru, and rdms that can hit a 1 to 1 mp/hp ratio for convert. May take more work, but you're certainly not at a disadvantage as an elvaan rdm (except you look ugly)

Comment

I have all three starter mages at 75 - and I'm an Elvaan. Yes, we elfs can mage well.

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                  "As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

Originally posted by Necropolis View Post
                    May take more work, but you're certainly not at a disadvantage as an elvaan rdm (except you look ugly)
                    >___> I'll remember this when you get charmed in dynamis, Necro.

I am also an elvaan with a few mage jobs. You should be able to get parties.
                    Last edited by Yevna; 07-31-2007, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yevna View Post
                      >___> I'll remember this when you get charmed in dynamis, Necro.

I also an elvaan with a few mage jobs. You should be able to get parties.
                      /cry

Of course I could be the one that doesn't get charmed and get to pick the lucky winner of a Thundaga III (but then you'd prob not refresh me the rest of the night)

/back on topic

Yevna is one of the better RDMs I've encountered on Ifrit server. Having a party of 6 people to refresh on top of sleeping links, among other things I've never been without refresh for more than a few seconds, if that. And that from and Elvaan!

Comment

Originally posted by Necropolis View Post
                        Give up now! Taru or nothing is my motto!!!!

Well ok, I guess if you like how the elvaan looks *shiver* I say keep it. All the races can play all the jobs, mp and stats are repairable with gear. Granted some of the gear can get pricey, but it's a trade off. You'll have better stats in other departments while another race with have better stats elsewhere.

I've seen galka whm with more MP than my taru, and rdms that can hit a 1 to 1 mp/hp ratio for convert. May take more work, but you're certainly not at a disadvantage as an elvaan rdm (except you look ugly)
                        (except you look ugly)
                        hummm you haven't even seen my Char... How would you know?

Comment

Same as everyone said, with gear and food race makes very little difference. Elvaans are great at every job, but so is everyone else.

(and ignore the elvaan haters, tarus are just insanely jealous of everyone that actually has knees)

Comment

I'm generally an ass and I'm sure a few others who start groups are also.
                            At low levels (pre 40) if I'm looking for a healer and I see rdm elv I don't invite them UNLESS they have {Astral Ring} x2 in their comment. It's not that I want to exclude them it's that they just can't keep up without the astrals (I know if the tank is good they can but they usually aren't). Now if they do have the astrals I'll probably invite them over a taru. They probably still won't have as much MP but at least it shows that they know what they're doing. Also elv have lots of MND which is great for para/slow. =D

So yea... put a high priority on getting those astrals. They're well worth the investment, good for all the mage jobs and they will last you forever.

edit: Don't forget that after 40 with /blm you will get conserve MP which is HUGE. If someone else in the party is whm or /whm let them take care of the status cures. The MP you save with conserve MP will make up for any loss in spells. If the blm/whm gives you any lip about having to do status cures just tell him the MP he gets from refresh is your MP and that you're just letting him use it.
                            Last edited by Richie; 07-31-2007, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Richie View Post
                              So yea... put a high priority on getting those astrals. They're well worth the investment, good for all the mage jobs and they will last you forever.
                              Astrals are a fairly rare thing at that level, and are not needed. If you're trying to force a RDM into a main heal role at that level, or as a solo healer for a dunes party you're asking for trouble.

If you expect a level 10~30 rdm to have astrals, why aren't you so discreminating with you tanks that you invite?

edit: Don't forget that after 40 with /blm you will get conserve MP which is HUGE. If someone else in the party is whm or /whm let them take care of the status cures. The MP you save with conserve MP will make up for any loss in spells. If the blm/whm gives you any lip about having to do status cures just tell him the MP he gets from refresh is your MP and that you're just letting him use it
                              Conserve MP is not as great as you may think, and is not the reason most RDMs choose it as a support job. It's choosen primarily for the INT boost as well as a MP boost. Even if you had a lucky string of Conserver MP kicking in, for the amount of MP most RDM spells cast it's a trivial amount. Compared to 200+ MP spells that BLM use, you saving a whole 10 mp on a haste is nothing.

The best choosen sub is the one that will aid the party more. This depends on camp locations and target prey. If you have a mob that spams AoE moves like silence, paralyze or slow, I'd expect the rdm to sub whm before a blm. Better still to have a whm, but if you're using a rdm as main healer, they best sub whm if they accept that role.

I can't phathom why you'd expect a blm to handle support job duties before a rdm. Rdm are built to support a party in a number of ways, where as the only support abilities a blm has is through subjob choice. If I felt comfortable with a party set up, and was deciding sub job choice, I'd have the rdm/whm and the blm/rdm before I had a rdm/blm and blm/whm. There are more benifits to the blm by subbing rdm than I'd see from a rdm subbing blm.

But then again, why is there a blm in the party?

Comment

Working...
                              X