Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dynamis Doubts

Out of 3 shells I have done dynamis with, I have never had to pay

Don't pay for Limbus anymore either. Ls fund covers.

Originally posted by Aksannyi
    "As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

Originally posted by Kafeen View Post
      Since you're paying for entry do you lot or allow random drops for coins? If so then they shouyld cover the fee you're paying.
      Warning: Some LS will make you pay for the entry fee and then take all the coins for the LS leader or his buddy anyway. If you are in one of those, you are being ripped off. It is up to you whether to accept it or quit and find (or start!) a LS with fairer rules, but you should at least know that that is unfair and not all LS are like that.

Ours has an officer lot the first 100 single coins to drop, and sell them after the run to any member who is upgrading, for 10k each. Any coins after the first 100 autodrop. With the low price of dynamis money these days that usually doesn't cover food and RR item costs (let alone ammo and ninja tools for jobs that use them), but it's better than nothing.

Except in CoP areas, which don't drop enough coins to do this; then we collect gil in advance and autodrop everything that isn't ex. They tend to be more of a financial loss but since the accessories and relic-1 pieces don't drop in normal zones, there's still some drive to do them.

If a given shell has a glut of your job, maybe you should join someone else? There's probably a shell on your server with only 4 RDMs, 3 of which have the hat already (or something like that). You don't have to join the first shell you see - look around before putting yourself at the back of a long line. Even in relatively popular jobs there are shells where you can start collecting the city AF within a month (at least lotting on it, you may not be the only one lotting).

P.S. I've never heard of a LS that paid everyone's limbus entry fee... how do you afford that? Do they take a certain amount of ancient beastcoins to repay the LS fund or is it funded by the LS's other activities (money drops from gods, a KSNM racket or whatever)?
      Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
      RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
      All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

Originally posted by Kirsteena View Post
        My ls runs a tier system, especially for northlands. If you don't come to 75%+ events as your main choice for AF (with the exception of 5/5), forget about lotting. If you don't come after you get the AF, /kick.
        I'm curious as to how this could possibly work out well. Does your linkshell just let people show up on whatever jobs they want to use, regardless of what the linkshell needs? If you have 6 tanks and they all want to lot on equipment for their other job, do they all show up as their other job and you have no tank? I couldn't even imagine trying to implement something like this in my Dynamis linkshell. I'd say on an average run, 40% of the shell probably comes as a job other than what they would REALLY want to use, all things being equal, because they put the needs of the linkshell first. I don't think it would be right to tell somebody they couldn't lot on MNK AF2 because we kept making them come as RDM.

Anyway, to the OP, Dynamis drops have no real rhyme or reason to them, no matter what anybody tells you. My linkshell has been doing Dynamis for 18 months. In that time, we've never, ever, ever, ever had a SMN head or a MNK body drop. Those are both Northlands drops, but we've also only gotten BRD feet to drop ONCE, and that's a Jeuno drop. Meanwhile, there's a well-known HNMLS on my server who is giving out SMN horns to their members as party favors because they get so many they don't know what to do with them.

It takes a lot of patience to get really good and/or really rare equipment. You're not going to be able to do Dynamis 5 times and complete your AF set, I don't care what job you are. Part of it is because of drop rates, and part of it is because of competition from others. When it comes to the two RDM northlands pieces, because they ARE so useful and because RDM is such a popular job, competition is heavier. You're really going to have to pay your dues if you want them.

If you decide that Dynamis is no fun and is not for you, then it would be silly to keep tormenting yourself week after week to try to get a couple of pieces that are really rare and nobody would fault you for not having. Keep in mind too, that most people look down on those who quit an endgame activity right after getting what they want. When useful AF2 pieces drop (and it's not like there are very many "useful" AF2 pieces for ANY job XD), the linkshell expects to be able to reap SOME of the benefits from it. Realisticially, it's only fair. If you stop showing up for Dynamis right after you finish getting your AF2 set, you'll lose some friends. Reputation matters in FFXI, because each server is a kind of mini-community. So keep in mind too that it's a commitment that generally goes beyond getting your 5/5 set. There's no "official" time that you have to stick around after getting your full AF2 set before you can quit without looking like a loot whore, but I personally think 4-6 months post-complete AF2 set is kind of expected.
        召75|吟75|黒75|赤75|戦72|白60|獣40|忍37| 暗37|シ37|ナ32|侍30|モ30|竜21|青14||か8| 狩7|コ7
        San D'oria: Rank 10 | Windurst: Rank 10 | Bastok: Rank 10 | Cooking: 97 | Zilart - Completed | CoP - Completed

Comment

Everyone has the choice not to join a shell with crappy lotting rules and corrupt leaders. It's not that hard to say "Hey, I don't like this system, so I'm either going to find an LS that has a better one or make my own." There's no excuse to claim that every endgame LS out there is like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
            Everyone has the choice not to join a shell with crappy lotting rules and corrupt leaders. It's not that hard to say "Hey, I don't like this system, so I'm either going to find an LS that has a better one or make my own." There's no excuse to claim that every endgame LS out there is like this.
            I can attest to the fact that there are LSs that don't do this.

My HNMLS covers 100% of Dynamis fees, though the LS bank keeps all the currency (which is then funnelled to the members actively working on relics that will benefit the LS, such as Aegis).

The LS also pays half of our Limbus entry fee, and we get to keep all of the coins (even distribution to all participants).

Icemage

Comment

Dynamis for me is run by my HNMLS only. We don't accept random people on our runs. God drops/currency drops/king drops (lol) pay for dynamis/limbus. Happens quite a lot on my server.

You declare your main and secondary job when you join. You can change, but if you do you won't get the chance to lot for several runs (the exception is when you are 5/5). Our ls is run fairly, so you actually don't get people trying to screw the system. Most people are adult about it - for instance, if you declare main rdm, but you never come to anything on rdm, you will kindly be asked to change to the job you do come on. The shell has been burnt in the past (hi2u lost Herald Gaiters which were then rmt'ed), so everyone is kinda fair about it. Just the way my shell works. Not saying we aren't drama free, but we try not to be.

Edit: Pretty much the same here Icemage. We don't have anyone working on relics though, so all currency is sold to fund other ls events etc.

"As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

Could BBQ's post be more bitter? Jesus Christ. Don't join crappy endgame shells and you won't have to deal with such ridiculous behavior.
                I'm not bitter at all, I haven't commonly done Dynamis due to a lack of career focus in FFXI until early last year. Half my jobs (COR, BLU, PUP) don't have endgame gear and the other half (RNG, DRG, BST) have little to no competition in places like Dynamis.

But we all know of people with full v2, Osodes and the like who just aren't worthy of the gear and seldom play the jobs they collected it for. When you know people that are more skilled and deserving in their shells, I can't blame people for resenting these "collectors." AFv2 is for specilized players, they're not baseball cards.

Comment

If people who didn't need/deserve the AFv2 got it over those who did, that's the fault of the shell they are in. Don't join shells with people like that and you won't have any problems. I certainly haven't run into anything like that.

Comment

If people who didn't need/deserve the AFv2 got it over those who did, that's the fault of the shell they are in. Don't join shells with people like that and you won't have any problems. I certainly haven't run into anything like that.
                    Easy for you to say, but difficult considering :
                    • Competition
                    • Timezones
                    • Frequency of going to particular Dynamis zones
                    • Timezones
                    • Not every shell has reliable leaders
                    • Timezones
                    • Not every shell has reliable members
                    • Timezones
                    • Some Dyna shells no longer do city wins
                    • Timezones
                    • Some Dyna shells don't do CoP Dyna at all.

Did I mention Timezones? Takes time to find a good, reliable shell and by the time some people reach one, they may very well have lost interest in doing this content.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                      Easy for you to say, but difficult considering :
                      • Frequency of going to particular Dynamis zones
                      • Not every shell has reliable leaders
                      • Not every shell has reliable members
                      • Some Dyna shells no longer do city wins
                      • Some Dyna shells don't do CoP Dyna at all.

Did I mention Timezones? Takes time to find a good, reliable shell and by the time some people reach one, they may very well have lost interest in doing this content.
                      So don't join a shell with an unreliable leader. So don't join a shell with unreliable members. So don't join shells that don't do cities. So don't join shells that don't do CoP. So don't join shells that don't do Dynamis frequently enough for you.

So don't join shells that don't operate in your timezone.

Comment

CoP Dynamis for most shells is a total turn off, unless you are bored of everything else. Limited reward, with odd restrictions? Also, my shell generally takes 38-40 on our weekend Dynamis runs. Are you going to tell four people they can't go?

I found a shell (by accident) that did one run a week when I can go. We do cities one month, northlands the next. When we need clears, we stop, get the clears. I didn't just apply for the first shell I could, I applied for the first shell that met my needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirsteena View Post
                          I didn't just apply for the first shell I could, I applied for the first shell that met my needs.
                          Well said Kirst. You'd think this would be common sense, but I guess not.

No one is forcing folks to join crappy endgame shells.

Comment

Problem is, endgame shells don't generally put on their website in huge letters "Hey, we have crappy rules and we'll overlook them any time it benefits one of our buddies." And, unless you have buddies in the linkshell who can warn you in advance, once you join one of those crappy shells with horrible lotting rules and lousy leadership, it tends to take attending several events before you figure out that's what you've gotten into. By that time, a lot of people are like "Well, I've invested this much time, I might as well stick around until I get my <insert wanted item HERE>" I think it's silly that people stick around rather than just cutting their losses and moving on, but that's how it happens that people get "stuck" in endgame LSs with crappy rules.
                            召75|吟75|黒75|赤75|戦72|白60|獣40|忍37| 暗37|シ37|ナ32|侍30|モ30|竜21|青14||か8| 狩7|コ7
                            San D'oria: Rank 10 | Windurst: Rank 10 | Bastok: Rank 10 | Cooking: 97 | Zilart - Completed | CoP - Completed

Comment

Wow... after reading all this, maybe I just got lucky with my linkshells. I've never really had a problem with any of them.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Old thread revisited - just interesting to read about other's RDM Dyna experiences.

In my shell, we dont do points or anything - its down to the leader's disgression. RDM AF drops, sacks ask who would like it. People respond and sacks decide who benefits from it the most. Lot of room for error *if* the sacks are corrupt but I have yet to see any evidence of that, they seems pretty fair.

And I guess I must of been lucky with Dynamis so far. Iv only done (lol) 2 Cities and both dropped RDM, one of which I got. About to do the third this sunday....we'll see haha. But then again there are only a handful of 75 rdm's in this shell and I'm the ONLY career rdm which is lucky for me, plus I heard the other 2-3 RDM's have all the City AF2 they want/need.

When it comes to the Northlands drops I am hoping I can prove myself to be adequate to be able to replace one of the other RDM's by then, which should move me further up the lotting list. But Im not going to complain if I'm at the bottom, hell Iv only been with the shell for 3 (?) weeks!

I knew my shell would be fair and great anyway as it came recommeded by Kirst lol

Comment

Working...
                                X