Gear 30-50 sugggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear 30-50 sugggestions

Ok, I've searched and found various pre-30 equip suggestions and various 50+ suggestions - neither of which help my particular situation.

Now, keep in mind I've just restarted after a long hiatus, so I had to start from level 1, and funds are somewhat limited, but I'm currently at 36 RDM with both /WHM and /BLM levelled for use. All spells are purchased, and my current equipment (with noteable stats in brackets) is as follows :

Head - Silver hairpin (hp-6, mp+15)
    Neck - Justice badge (mnd+3)
    Body - Centurion's
    Gloves - Battle gloves (acc+3, eva+3)
    Legs - Custom slacks (mnd+3, mp+32)
    Cloak - Black cape (int+2)
    Boots - Centurion's
    Belt - Friar's rope (mnd+1, mp+5)
    Ears - Onyx (mp+2 ea.)
    Rings - I've begun INT and WIS macros to swap out either Knowledge / Eremite's (int+4) or twin Saintly (mnd+4) depending on debuffs or nukes - a bit early perhaps, but ahh well. Figured I'd best get used to it.
    Weapon - Centurion's if solo, Chestnut Wand (int/mnd+4) for PT
    Shield - Decurion's

In a party, that gives me Int+6, Mnd+11 without my ring swaps (so Int+10, Mnd+15). Once I get my RSE boots, that'll be a slightly more even Int+9-13, Mnd+10-14.

Now, my current goals are (as mentioned) to get the Custom M boots (int+3, mnd-1, mp+12) and I'm currently levelling THF to 15 in the hopes TH1 will help out with key drops.
    At 40, I'll probably aim for Electrum Hairpin and Electrum Rings as upgrades, funds allowing.
    Red Cape at 43; and possibly a Morion Earring as well if I can afford it (will attempt to farm him at 40 for a Tathlum as well).

I skipped out on the Baron's Saio and Boots since they were horrendously overpriced, but I can't help but figure Centurion's armor for those slots isn't exactly doing much for me except provide defense (which is always nice).
    But hey - they were free, more or less, using CP points :p
    As mentioned above, I'm aiming for HUME RSE boots for the feet slot, but other suggestions are welcome.
    And for tunic - I like the look of the Combat Caster's, but then that eliminates the Hairpin - which I quite enjoy. Any other suggestions pre-AF? I can't seem to spot anything that jumps out at me as saying "buy me!" (Royal Squire's seems OK, I guess).

Also - last question. Belt and Neck equips.
    Justice Badge natural upgrade seems to be the Holy Phial, but again, I won't be able to solo him for some time, and it's fairly pricey at the AH.
    Friar's Rope upgrade seems the Druid Rope, but Merc. Captain's seems alright too. Unsure on that one, especially as the one is going to be a little harder to obtain than the other.

Any suggestions welcome!
    Am I on the right track with these gear upgrades?
    Last edited by Aaramis; 10-29-2006, 06:05 PM. Reason: corrected Wis->Mnd. Thx Jei. Old EQ habit ;)

Re: Gear 30-50 sugggestions

I assume Wis = Mnd? Your gears look pretty good imo.

I don't think the eva/acc on your gloves are doing much for you. If you need some MP, the New Moon Armlets was a popular choice back in the day.

(I personally wore centurial until 40ish just because I like how it look >.> )

I'm not too fond of 1 or 2 INT/MND on my belt slot. I'd rather have 20HP/MP from Powerful Robe. After 40, you'll struggle quite a biut to have more HP/MP since your role will shift to refresher and converter. Empowering Mantle(67) is also a really good choice for your back in this regard.
    Last edited by Jei; 10-29-2006, 06:09 PM.
    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Originally posted by Aaramis View Post
      Ok, I've searched and found various pre-30 equip suggestions and various 50+ suggestions - neither of which help my particular situation.
      50+ is easy - AF
      possibly a Morion Earring
      If you have CoP installed, a Cunning Earring can be quested instead.
      I can't help but figure Centurion's armor for those slots isn't exactly doing much for me except provide defense (which is always nice).
      There isn't much in the way of RDM gear, in general look for MND+ and MP+ thats really the closest to RDM gear. I actually wore Shade until I got Mage's stuff at 38.
      Also - last question. Belt and Neck equips.
      Justice Badge natural upgrade seems to be the Holy Phial, but again, I won't be able to solo him for some time, and it's fairly pricey at the AH.
      The Phial has pretty much the exact same stats as the Justice Badge. I skipped it and went straight to the Promise badge at 48. That Justice Badge has been the single most usefull piece of gear I have ever owned.
      Friar's Rope upgrade seems the Druid Rope, but Merc. Captain's seems alright too.
      I used the Mercinary Captains until 50 when I got the Royal Knights then held on to that until I could afford the Penitent's Rope. [/QUOTE]
      I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

How about RSE? (Well, I am not sure about what race you are using)
        Server: Quetzalcoatl
        Race: Hume Rank 7
        75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

Head: Silver Hairpin+1, Electrum @ 40.
          Body: Nothing really spectacular, whatever floats your boat.
          Hands: Devotee's Mitts for MND macro, Centurion's for INT (to avoid the -INT)
          Legs: Custom Slacks for MND, Centurion's for INT (Are there any +INT pants this level?)
          Feet: Centurion's for MND, Custom M Boots for INT
          Back: Black/White swap, then Red/Red+1 (obvious choices)
          Waist: I used Merc. Captains until Royal Knights, personally.
          Rings: +INT/MND swaps, obviously. Electrums (or Astrals if available) for Convert macro.
          Neck: Black Silk Neckerchief for INT if you want, Justice Badge (agreed, amazingly useful piece of equip), Promise Badge
          Earrings: Cunning/Morion/etc.
          Ranged: Morion Tathlum

My setup, as you can see, focuses on optimizing +INT and +MND while not paying a great deal of attention to MP. Once I had Convert, I felt secure enough to not worry too much about MP.

Note: This is what I used at that level. If I had better funds at the time, I could have afforded better, but this served me well enough to get my job done. If you're already using /equip changes at 30-50, odds are you're doing better than at least 70% of the RDM out there anyways.
          RDM 75 - SMN 72 - WHM 37 - BLM 37 - DRK 37 -
          Bastok Rank 10 Completed
          Rise of the Zilart 16 "The Celestial Nexus"
          Chains of Promathia 8 - 1 "Garden of Antiquity"
          Treasures of Aht Urghan 13 "Lost Kingdom"

Comment

Thanks for the tips, folks. I hadn't actually noticed the Devotee's, since recipes for upgrading current items is something relatively new to me since I last played... and luckily found a pair on a PC Bazaar in Jeuno for 8000 gil tonight. Go me!
            (for price reference, a stack of fire crystals on my server is worth 5000 gil, so I basically got them for 1.5 stacks of fire crystals :p).

On the flip side, I priced Morion Earring and it goes for 150k gil.
            And the Cunning Earring quest required me to first get an Ordelle's Key...
            Bleh.

I've quested Black Silk Neckerchief, but my +MND sadly still outweighs my +INT by a long shot.
            Even with my +INT gear on, my WIS outweighs it. How sad is that.

Still need to get my RSE feet, but that's my next goal.
            Thanks for the help folks!

Comment

Magic Cuisses at 48 - they will last you a long time - and should be cheap as they drop nearly every time from King Arthro. +3 int and mnd - best for this slot probably till Errants. Otherwise looking good.

Originally posted by Aksannyi
              "As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

Working...
              X