Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wind accuracy?

Originally posted by WishMaster3K View Post
    Oh that's nuts, Jei-san. I know that WHMs freely throw on Zenith, but I wasn't aware that it'd be possible to have both over 1100 *_*
    And yeah, I'm only getting the Zenith Mitts, if anything, but I doubt I can spare that. I hate having more MP than HP ;.;
    It's time for some merits!
    My LS mate who's even more of a fiend about HP/MP than I am clocks in his WHM/SMN at over 1200HP/MP... as a Tarutaru!

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage View Post
      My LS mate who's even more of a fiend about HP/MP than I am clocks in his WHM/SMN at over 1200HP/MP... as a Tarutaru!
      Icemage
      How the...

Thinking about it there is a fair bit of mp gear which doesn't have the -hp penalty - I am assuming this includes blessed briault Icemage.

Originally posted by Aksannyi
      "As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

Originally posted by Kirsteena View Post
        How the...
        Thinking about it there is a fair bit of mp gear which doesn't have the -hp penalty - I am assuming this includes blessed briault Icemage.
        I think so. I know some of what he uses, since we've discussed some pieces of gear in the past (being of similar mind regarding survivability > MP for WHM). He uses Bomb Queen Ring (+75HP), Tamas Ring (+30MP), Taru RSE Earring (+35HP), RSE2 gloves (+65HP), Republic Gold Medal (+50MP), and I'm pretty sure he uses Opo-Opo Crown.

I'm not a fan of the Crown myself, and prefer the Walahra Turban, and instead supplement with food (which, if I'm using Carbonara, I can actually get over 1100HP and 1200MP as WHM/BLM).

Icemage

Comment

There is a Taru SMN/WHM on Bismarck (I think he quit a while ago though) who was able to push his HP/MP to 1200/1200.

Here's a pick with gear:

http://archdominus.valkurm.com/forum...pic.php?t=3883

(source: Archdominous Website)

So hell, if a SMN can get a 1:1 HP:MP ratio, a RDM could; just do it backwords XD.

On a side note: This tread is offically derailed.

EDIT: I did a no-no D:, just linked to the thead now instead of the pic.
          Last edited by Gobo; 10-13-2006, 10:54 AM.
          sigpic
          Y'okay!

PSN: goboaj (be my friend damnit)

Comment

I think you pasted the wrong url for the image .. and yeah, this thread has skipped the track and is now careening through town.
            lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Well we all like sharing information. And we don't yell at each other and call each other noobs.

What was the original question? Wind accuracy? It HAS been answered, right?

I vote Nay. Convert is the prioritized Merit, because there are never situations where having less time for converting is bad.
              The Tao of Ren
              FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
              Originally posted by Kaeko
              As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

hmmm but those numbers really start my interest in boosting them lol. I have 890/860 right now as I said. I have absolutely -no- HP/MP gear. All my gears are MND focus. Only have a few INT pieces for macro...

Now if I want to boost HP, those will have to be permanant boost. There are couple HP gears around. But swaping them for convert means I'll have to waste more MP curing myself up -before- convert. Not good I guess? And wearing permanant +HP +MP pieces I'm giving my MND/INT boost. : / So my only option would be to max out HP merit.

Once the HP's there, swap in MP gears will be simple.

Any thoughts?
                There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Originally posted by WishMaster3K View Post
                  Well we all like sharing information. And we don't yell at each other and call each other noobs.
                  God bless us every one.

Not that I'm not interested in the conversation. I'd still like to see the equip that summoner chose to get 1200 hp/mp. At 72 I'm floating around 830 each depending on sub. I don't use very much gear specifically for hp or mp either, but I'm looking at getting Intensifying Cape, Insomnia Earring, and Ebullient Ring next. That'll get me close to 900, but I don't know how I'd break 1000 without merits and abjuration gear, let alone 1200.

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
                    God bless us every one.
                    Not that I'm not interested in the conversation. I'd still like to see the equip that summoner chose to get 1200 hp/mp. At 72 I'm floating around 830 each depending on sub. I don't use very much gear specifically for hp or mp either, but I'm looking at getting Intensifying Cape, Insomnia Earring, and Ebullient Ring next. That'll get me close to 900, but I don't know how I'd break 1000 without merits and abjuration gear, let alone 1200.
                    The link should get you to the tread on ADs website. I guess It doesnt allow direct links to pics.
                    sigpic
                    Y'okay!

PSN: goboaj (be my friend damnit)

Comment

Attached shot. Still trying to figure out what some of this stuff is ..
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Taskmage; 10-13-2006, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jei View Post
                        hmmm but those numbers really start my interest in boosting them lol. I have 890/860 right now as I said. I have absolutely -no- HP/MP gear. All my gears are MND focus. Only have a few INT pieces for macro...
                        Now if I want to boost HP, those will have to be permanant boost. There are couple HP gears around. But swaping them for convert means I'll have to waste more MP curing myself up -before- convert. Not good I guess? And wearing permanant +HP +MP pieces I'm giving my MND/INT boost. : / So my only option would be to max out HP merit.

Once the HP's there, swap in MP gears will be simple.
                        Any thoughts?
                        I'm pretty much on the same page. I wear a lot of +HP/MP gear for XP/merits simply because I don't need the extra potency, but you can't use much of it for HNM or your spells bounce like rubber.

Tarutaru is the only race for RDM where you're in serious jeopardy of having not enough max HP to use for Convert, especially when you're /BLM. It also means that gear which is an "obvious" choice for other races, like Mahatma Pigaches (+6MND Enmity-3 HP-25 MP+25) is poison to Tarutaru RDMs because it makes our HP problems worse.

For Tarutaru in general, I think +HP merits x 8 is called for regardless of whatever job you play. There's really no need for MP merits at all IMO.

Icemage

Comment

Guesses on the summoner's equip:

Himmel Stock? (+63 mp)
                          Hedgehog Bomb (+30 mp)
                          Summoner's Horn (+25 mp)
                          Torque-looking thing could be anything
                          Cassie Earring (+50 hp, -50 mp)
                          Morukaka Earring (+35 hp)
                          Yinyang Robe (+25 mp)
                          Creek M Mitts (+65 hp)
                          Bomb Queen Ring (+75 hp)
                          Evoker's Ring (+25 mp)
                          Gigant Mantle (+80 hp)
                          Hierarch Belt (+48 mp)
                          Evoker's Spats (+15 mp)
                          Summoner's Pigaches (+20 mp)

Total +305 hp, +199 mp

Comment

It veered off course because I ended it with "depends on how you play the game, you will merit accordingly."

Besides, meriting convert, as Icemage points out, is irrelevant if you're mostly HNM'ing (or similar kinds of end game events) due to having to snark hate and mess everyone in the alliance up.

But back to my original wants and desires for an mp cost reduction meriting. I'm a 64 RDM mithra with barely 700 mp on a BLM sub. With food, it's about 700 mp and if I threw in -HP/+MP or similar +MP gear, I can get maybe closer to 800 than 700 mp. However, that's totally gimping my ability to perform marginally as a main healer (I use this situation because of ToAU and the way party setups are being made currently in light of this)

So, RDM/WHM with less max MP to go along with it. I spent almost 6 million gil already on just 3 pieces of equipment to give me MP without sacrificing MND and other vital stats. I have to macro in other +MP on convert (Thank god for DS) No, I can't afford astral earrings, astral rings, astral <insert your body part /endsarcasm> nor do I think it's necessary.

However, with mp demand going up through the roof with spamtastic mobs that are not shy or adverse to using aoe moves, what's a mithra to do?

Comment

Forgot to add, I think Icemage will know Lynsy, but at her peak, as a WHM/SMN, she had like 1,500 max mp (Or close to it ... just felt like a number that I remember seeing the most) but her HP was like a level 25 Warrior. Subjobless.

I have a screen where she had managed to pull of the 1,337 mp pool in a tonberry farming run once. That was funny (Max MP)

Comment

Himmel Stock MP+63
                                Hedgehog Bomb MP+30
                                Summoner's Horn (AF2) MP+25
                                Unknown Torque - possibly Fenrir's Torque +30MP
                                Cassie Earring 50 MP > HP.
                                Morukaka's Earring (Taru RSE) +35HP
                                Yin-Yang Robe MP+25
                                Creek Mitts (Taru RSE2) HP+65
                                Bomb Queen Ring HP+75
                                Evoker's Ring MP+25
                                Gigant Mantle HP+80
                                Hierarch Belt MP+48
                                Evoker's Spats MP+15
                                Summoner's Pigaches MP+20

EDIT: Hah, Taskmage figured most of them out for himself already.

EDIT2: Yes, I remember Lynsy well. She had stupid amounts of MP - but no HP to speak of. 1500+MP, yes, but at the cost of having around 400HP.

Icemage

Comment

Working...
                                X