Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wind accuracy?

Originally posted by Jei View Post
    hmm I don't think the mp reduction is a good idea. Right now at least out side of HNM events I hardly ever run out of MP already with just refresh+vermi. Plus we can get conserve MP traits to help that too with items and /blm.
    Oh sure, so says the Taru.

Comment

D:
      There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
      but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
      transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

ROFL

Yeah, I have a convert ration 899/899, and I'm using the most substandard gear on the planet.

Long Live Electrums! Hell, I had to get a Bomb Queen Ring, because even the most simple +MP gear (such as Errant) had me in the negative ratio-nisms.
        The Tao of Ren
        FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
        Originally posted by Kaeko
        As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeni View Post
          Oh sure, so says the Taru.
          He's not Converting. No one Converts at most HNM events; it's too dangerous. So being Taru is not really a factor here, except that you start with lower HP.

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage View Post
            He's not Converting. No one Converts at most HNM events; it's too dangerous. So being Taru is not really a factor here, except that you start with lower HP.

Icemage
            Just move out of AoE range and you should be fine. And don't do it at undead camp either. Like KRT. kekekeke

Comment

Originally posted by WishMaster3K View Post
              ROFL

Yeah, I have a convert ration 899/899, and I'm using the most substandard gear on the planet.

Long Live Electrums! Hell, I had to get a Bomb Queen Ring, because even the most simple +MP gear (such as Errant) had me in the negative ratio-nisms.
              What race and lvl is your char?

I convert to around 970mp/1020hp (/BLM Edit> lvl 75 with +80 merit mp though) or something like that right now as a hume, and I was hoping hitting 1100/1100+ with good gear but I gotta save a ton of gil (and a lot of camping too) to get it, and I don't think it's even worth it.

PS > Long live Electrums! (ya I still use those too )
              sigpic
              "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
              Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

I don't know why more RDM don't maximize Convert. I remember that someone a while ago said that their playstyle is to use as much MP in each convert cycle so that they would just run out of MP as the timer went down.

This way, they were doing a lot and not wasting MP. I disagreed with this back then, because I felt that MP conservation was key, and we should only do Convert when we NEEDED to.

But then I realized that If I did have a net loss of 900MP every 9 or so minutes, that there are a lot of things I could do, such as nuke 1 or 2 times more to push the chain, Haste an extra person here and there to help out, or just do more assisting.

So with that said, why aren't more people meritting Convert? At the very least, we can get magic accuracy from gear, but we can't upgrade Convert, our only Job ability.

(My Timer is at 9:20 by the way, and I notice a huge difference, especially when I'm in the Kite PT at Kirin, or I'm refreshing the BLM pt in sky.)

Edit:
                I'm a VERY cheap Taru, to answer your question. I'll take a look at my gear later when I merit so that I can update my blog.
                The Tao of Ren

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
                As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Originally posted by WishMaster3K
                  But then I realized that If I did have a net loss of 900MP every 9 or so minutes, that there are a lot of things I could do, such as nuke 1 or 2 times more to push the chain, Haste an extra person here and there to help out, or just do more assisting.
                  If you convert every 8:20 minutes at 900 MP you are getting around what, 150 extra MP every 10 minutes? That's a lot of MP to pass for some +elemental acc.

Which is why Convert Recast +5 is my next merit goal.

So... my point is I think the same about Convert.
                  sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

That used to be my usual case between level 40 to 70. I was trying so hard to have enough MP until my next convert gets ready. It varies with each PT set up but I usually had to convery everytime it gets ready.

At 75 with burn style PT it varies a lot. Especially in a PT with Brd and Whm, I hardly ever used more than 50% of my MP. It stays almost full all the time, and I was refreshing 3 person + hasting 1-2 person too :O Imp merit without Whm and Brd is the worst case.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

So with that said, why aren't more people meritting Convert? At the very least, we can get magic accuracy from gear, but we can't upgrade Convert, our only Job ability.
                      (My Timer is at 9:20 by the way, and I notice a huge difference, especially when I'm in the Kite PT at Kirin, or I'm refreshing the BLM pt in sky.)
                      Convert does add marginally to your available MP and can be useful. Most RDMs I know though sub WHM to endgame type events as helping with status cures seems more helpful than the extra MP you get from subbing BLM.

With a WHM sub, you lose the ability to DS when converting if you have merited Convert time, and so you endup losing all of the MP you gained (by meriting Convert) on the extra Cure IV you need to cast...

Comment

I don't know why more RDM don't maximize Convert.
                        You're lucky. I've never been in a situation where it's up to me to convert. I'm always forced to convert and especially in a party where I'm main healing and the only mage in the party. Period. So guess what I'm doing besides enfeebling and healing and status recovery? FFs ... MB as well.

Then it comes back to all you tarutaru mages having enough mp to get to the next convert. Which is why I want an option to merit mp cost reduction instead. You know, for non-tarutaru mages.

Comment

The reason why most people don't Convert at HNM events is that it causes hate to spike for you.

Moving out of AoE range isn't the issue. You can be as far away as you like, but if you run out of range, the monster will still come after you - and this is NOT an option against dragons or wyrms, who like to use Spike Flail for 2000+ damage to everyone in range. It's less risky in other situations, but you have to play it by ear - the last place you want Proto-Omega to be standing is next to your BLMs.

In a XP/merit situation, absolutely Convert every chance you get (you have to in a burn party or you'll never keep up).

I'm curious about how a Hume would go about getting 1100HP/MP without food on RDM. I can manage it if I ever get myself in gear and get RDM75 and finish some HP merits, but I'd have thought a Hume wouldn't be able to get to 1100MP without food (or are you counting food in the equation)?

Ah well, I tip the scales around 1050HP/MP as Tarutaru RDM/BLM if I use Marron Glace, and that's with just +10 HP merits at 74. I suspect with slightly better gear I can get to 1100/1100 at 75, but I lose a lot of spell potency if I overindulge in +HP/MP gear.

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage View Post
                            I'm curious about how a Hume would go about getting 1100HP/MP without food on RDM. I can manage it if I ever get myself in gear and get RDM75 and finish some HP merits, but I'd have thought a Hume wouldn't be able to get to 1100MP without food (or are you counting food in the equation)?
                            Yup, I'm including food too, it's kinda like when a DD wants to see how high they can go on a SATA WS.

PS > I convert to 970ish mp without food though (/BLM).

Edit Zero > By the way usually after Converting I Cure IV (or III) myself and then do a buff round so I burn the excess of MP before trying to enf, that way I don't lose MP if I try to swap my +stat gear to debuff a mob. Sometimes I do end up wasting some MP but most of the times I manage to pull it off.

Edit >

Originally posted by Blowy
                            With a WHM sub, you lose the ability to DS when converting if you have merited Convert time, and so you endup losing all of the MP you gained (by meriting Convert) on the extra Cure IV you need to cast...
                            That would be the case if you were alone, but there are many ways to gain that HP in the course of 8 minutes.

For instance if you have a WHM in your party they can cast good Regen on you, and many times in those kinds of events other people in your alliance can throw a cure your way.

At least in my experience everytime I convert I'm back to full HP in less than 5 mins without wasting anything more than a Cure IV and a couple of Regens.
                            Last edited by Raydeus; 10-12-2006, 07:09 PM.
                            sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

I PT with a hume whm with both HP and MP over 1100 once.
                              my HP/MP are only around 890/860 with /whm I think. Not sure. Never really pay attention to them lol >.>

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Oh that's nuts, Jei-san. I know that WHMs freely throw on Zenith, but I wasn't aware that it'd be possible to have both over 1100 *_*

And yeah, I'm only getting the Zenith Mitts, if anything, but I doubt I can spare that. I hate having more MP than HP ;.;

It's time for some merits!
                                The Tao of Ren

Comment

Working...
                                X