Thanatos Baselord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanatos Baselord

I consider using this instead of my (mostly)HQ Elemental Staves for Enfeebling. The Enfeebling Magic Skill +4 is nothing to ignore...

any thoughts on this?
    Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
    Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
    Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
    Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
    Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Re: Thanatos Baselord

It's good for one thing and that is a screenshot of your max Enfeebling Skill. Staves (accuracy) or a wand + shield (potency) is superior to the Thanatos Baselard.

Comment

I disagree with swingfly, but i dont have any data to back me up, i believe skill+ is superior to the staves, but anyway, i use it sometimes, but havent noticed a difference, its not like i enfeeble much anymore, what with manaburn pts... i only enfeeble when i solo, and in dynamis, yet rarely..
      signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

I only use daggers for meleeing in the offhand. This dagger, giving +skill, in offhand, then would be of tremendous value to someone like me, who would be dual wielding that.

Don't think it's worth bothering in main hand since you might not be able to outlast a tough mob just through attrition alone.

Comment

I am playing about with potency at the moment, and noticing amazing results. I'm going for a hefty mnd set up, trying to get slow and para to proc more. I have very little problem in landing any enfeebles (currently 8/8 on enfeebling magic merits and thrown a couple into Wind Acc) - with gear I am currently sitting at 322, when I get my butt off the ground and do Windy Rank 8, that will jump to 329 at stuff on old School areas. Gods are always the exception due to their immense magic resistance. However, I feel you run into the law of diminshing results if you get too heavy. HQ staves will help you land as they have the accuracy you need, enfeebling skill will help you land as your skill > the mob (I can't explain too well at the moment lol), but it doesn't mean squat if your para only procs once. And for that, it is going with mnd gear for me. Mahatma slops, playing with a Mythic Wand +1 and Numinous Shield +1, dragging out the old Promise Badge, and just experimenting. Elvaan can do some sick sick things....

Originally posted by Aksannyi
          "As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

I recall that there's some unknown calculation for Poison II that affects the damage dealt based on your Enfeebling Magic skill, but it's nothing to write home about. It reportedly maxes somewhere in the late 200s at 10HP/tick.

Theoretically, you could maybe use the Thanatos Baselard to get to that level, but I honestly doubt that it will make much difference even if you take get the extra 1HP/tick since most things die so quickly.

I haven't tested this myself, though, and can't find any hard research on it anywhere.

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage View Post
              Theoretically, you could maybe use the Thanatos Baselard to get to that level, but I honestly doubt that it will make much difference even if you take get the extra 1HP/tick since most things die so quickly.

Icemage
              Well, maybe not for exp, but like Kirsteena said, on Gods, etc. Then that extra 1HP/tick over, let's say, 1000 ticks is equivalent to an extra 1,000 dmg. Pretty gewd if you asked me.

But going back to actual use scenario, when soloing, that would make more sense, since a RDM can't afford to blow TP swapping in staves on meleeing.

Comment

If you're soloing via TP, though, I would wager that the enemies you're fighting aren't strong enough to actually need either the extra landing power of enfeebles or the extra damage over time from poison 2 (if that's what you're aiming for.)

Putting in a more damaging offhand would have better effects, over time, versus adding a bit more feeb skill. I can't back this up with any evidence, but consider in the most extreme case a Blau Dolch versus the baselard. Blau's going to kill the baselard in outright damage, so all in all it wouldn't be better to use the baselard.

In most solo cases where you want to stock up on magic skill, though, you're probably going to be gravity/bind kiting DOT slip spells for a lot of your damage. In that, you'll be swapping weapons out left and right so TP isn't that much of a concern and the staves would probably be a better choice..

Comment

NQ staves are said to give you a bonus of 10% of your skill if you match the good element at least that's the reason why peoples buy them and even pay millions for HQ what are said to give 15% bonus.

I did some testing with elemental magic as it's really easier to see if something is having an effect or not, hoping it's the same for enfleebing magic. To me staves tend to increase accurancy and potency.

Back to your question : dagger gives 4 skills, and NQ staves 10% of you base skill.

You will need at least a natural 40 in skill to, at least match, the dagger, after that, the staves are better. Given the fact that the dagger is a hight lvl item ( something like lvl 70 I think ) you should have something like 200 (I think more but let's say 200 ) in enfeebling magic at the point where you can use the dagger and so having something like 20 skills from staff ( 30 with HQ ).

That makes that dagger pointless to enfeeble on a regular end-game basis : HNM, gods, dynamis and such ...

Only use I see for it is balista because you can't swap gear. Maybe it can be a good round around weapon ( but I'm not a melee RDM fan soI don't know a lot about weapons avaible ).

Comment

Originally posted by Sigmara View Post
                    NQ staves are said to give you a bonus of 10% of your skill if you match the good element at least that's the reason why peoples buy them and even pay millions for HQ what are said to give 15% bonus.
                    I did some testing with elemental magic as it's really easier to see if something is having an effect or not, hoping it's the same for enfleebing magic. To me staves tend to increase accurancy and potency.
                    Unfortunately nothing is simple in this game...

Elemental Staves give bonuses to accuracy and potency for Elemental Spells, but you only get a bonus to accuracy for enfeebling skills. Potency is unaffected...

Comment

Working...
                    X