Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RDM... this is going to be a really stupid question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RDM... this is going to be a really stupid question.

I am debating whether or not I should start Red Mage, and this is going to sound stupid but my biggest obligation is Maat. I was so eager to try Red Mage, but then I heard Maat is near impossible, so I was planning on leveling up another job and beat Maat, and then take up Red Mage to 75 without stopping to fight him. Is it worth all that trouble?

Re: RDM... this is going to be a really stupid question.

You shouldn't even be worrying about this right now.. you're talking at least 4 or 5 months from now. Even so, just read what has brought others to success and do your best when you get there, that's all you can really do.
    Last edited by Raitox; 09-19-2006, 04:22 PM.

No, I do not have a life.

Comment

Originally posted by Raitox View Post
      You shouldn't even be worrying about this right now.. you're talking at least 4 or 5 months from now.
      That's as hardcore as it gets. Try a year or so.

In response to the OP, don't worry about this now..... Play whichever job you like the best and when the time is right, find a strategy, watch a few videos, then challenge him.
      ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

I beat maat in 1 try...

but meh, there are tons of harder battles in this game. If you freak out with just Maat you're not going to enjoy your FFXI life.
        There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
        but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
        transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Originally posted by Daryn2889 View Post
          I am debating whether or not I should start Red Mage, and this is going to sound stupid but my biggest obligation is Maat. I was so eager to try Red Mage, but then I heard Maat is near impossible, so I was planning on leveling up another job and beat Maat, and then take up Red Mage to 75 without stopping to fight him. Is it worth all that trouble?
          Ummm, I was under the impression that the 75 Cap Fight was Job Specific and that regardless you'd have to figh tMaat to take a Job to 75. I thought G1-4 Affected all Jobs and G5 Was Maat and Job Specific, seeing as there are some hidden ways to beat him depending on the job.

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

Nope. You just need to fight him once.
            sigpic

Comment

Well,,,,,that kinda took out alot of my expectations and fun all at once.

Comment

Originally posted by Vaigrant View Post
                Well,,,,,that kinda took out alot of my expectations and fun all at once.
                Not to worry, once you hit level 65+ on any job you can acquire the testimony for any job and challenge him on it even after you've completed the quest (this is how Maat's Cap is obtained after you defeat him with all jobs... if you can stand levelling that many jobs ).

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage View Post
                  Not to worry, once you hit level 65+ on any job you can acquire the testimony for any job and challenge him on it even after you've completed the quest (this is how Maat's Cap is obtained after you defeat him with all jobs... if you can stand levelling that many jobs ).

Icemage
                  Your saying this to someone who once played Final Fantasy Tactics, went into a fight and didnt leave it till he used 99xPoitions, 99xHi-Potions, 99xX-potions. Trust me, I can do monotonous things

Comment

Working...
                  X