RDM endgame question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RDM endgame question

after trying other jobs, mnk, pld...sam...i realize that rdm is the only job for me, is my calling
    I want to be a very good rdm, and i believe half of that is being versitle.

Right now im lvling nin to 37, then drk to 37 , whm to 37. blm is alrealdy 38 so i think im set in the sub job department. is there any subs that would help for endgame activities such as dynamis, gods. thank you ^^

Re: RDM endgame question

BRD is one to consider. Maybe SMN? But otherwise you have everything covered.

Comment

Those subs you have already leveled are the main ones we use.

I'd add PLD, WAR and THF to the list, and maybe RNG, but then again those are the subs I've leveled

RDM/PLD with a Rune Blade is my choice if I'm fighting Undead mobs, for Arcana and magic mobs /DRK, /THF for farming or DDing looking for keys and stuff, /WAR if you gotta tank something for someone else, RNG for nice damage if you are fighting weak mobs etc.

Our job is drasticaly affected by our sub so the more options you have the better

Edit> Oh BRD and SMN Hmm...I've never even considered those, but BRD seems to be very useful for manaburns and stuff like that, and for SMN I still need Diabolos but might be fun to try.
      sigpic
      "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
      Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

BRD I know can be a viable option, but I just tossed SMN out as a possibility because I wasn't sure.

Comment

I've been mulling over this /SMN idea for about 10 minutes now. And I can't think of any point in which ~I've~ wished I had /SMN sub.

In the 50's I did a handful of Manaburns, where I really wished I had /BRD. Now that I'm doing TP Burn parties in Sky for Merits, I'm wishing I already had WHM leveled. I do a fair amount of soloing, and killing AF mobs for LS members, so a fully leveled NIN sub would be REALLY nice, just I'm a little strapped for gil, and I'm trying to raise gil for my Hauby for DRK58, WAR51, and SAM41.

Having RNG sub would be nice for RDM, just so we can Skill Up Archery, and actually use Sidewinder just for the heck of it, but I can't think of any reason other than fun and/or ENMs that RDM would need /RNG.

I fell in love with WAR while leveling it as a subjob for DRK and SAM, so I've now vowed to take it to the top of the Mountain, but subing WAR is nice for Skill Ups(Double Attack + Defender), and for Vorpal Blade. (Though I will not deny that Souleater Vorpal Blade is MUCH better damage, and you still have Drain, Aspir, and Stun.)

But check out the sticky in the Red Mage Forums about subjobs. It's been a while since I've read over it, but I believe there has been an addition to it talking about endgame subs and what job traits/abilities you might benefit from.
          Odude
          PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
          RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
          SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

What, no NIN?

/panic

Comment

normally, /whm /blm /brd. function quite the same.
              if you're in tank PT, Rdm/Smn.
              if you need chain stun, rdm/drk.

rdm/nin is for solo not really for end game.
              There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
              but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
              transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Originally posted by Aeni
                What, no NIN?

/panic
                The OP mentioned NIN as one of the subs he (or she) is already leveling.

Comment

{True Strike} : Rdm is vastly effected by the sub.

Whm, Blm, Thf, War, Drk, Brd and Nin are fairly important, AFAIK. Smn, as mentioned, would be good in a tank PT.

Blu and Pld I can see being good, but Pld less than other things and Blu, well, so far it's mostly speculation, but Cocoon, Phalanx, Stoneskin, Metallic Body, and Bad Breath... Well, you're probably fairly unhurtable, but it might just be better to sub Ninja for solo work... Less effort to kep the damage down, and dual Weilding for TP and added effects, among other things.

Comment

Originally posted by Jei
                    rdm/nin is for solo not really for end game.
                    I think soloing Bune is end game. What do you think?

Comment

For non-solo HNM and other end-game activities, /DRK, /BLM, /WHM as the occasion calls for.

/BRD is sometimes useful in certain manaburn configurations, as well as when in a nuker party in dynamis or HNM alliances.

/SMN somewhat useful in tank parties for HNM, but not terribly important.

/NIN, /BST and /BLU for various solo tasks.

Most other subs generally not worth it worrying about at end-game unless you do PvP.

Icemage

Comment

/SMN before /DRK or /NIN imo.

/SMN can get you a pearl of an HNM LS more than another other, because it's really rarer and wanted as much ( if not more ). At least that was the case for me.

Comment

I've found that most rdm don't level drk, and frankly at endgame I have never used rdm/smn - we require our whm to have smn levelled and we just swap in and out as necessary.

Drk levelled - oh yes. If anything it will save me from being Suzaku's ritual sacrifice for once...

Other than that - what everyone else has said.

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                          "As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

Originally posted by Sigmara
                            /SMN before /DRK or /NIN imo.

/SMN can get you a pearl of an HNM LS more than another other, because it's really rarer and wanted as much ( if not more ). At least that was the case for me.
                            I'd disagree, while /SMN can have its uses /DRK its much more sort after by HNMLS's.

Comment

These four can be used in parties or at least special situations.
                              /whm
                              /blm
                              /drk
                              /brd
                              (/war if you're needed to tank a mission or something)

These 5 are good for soloing/farming/skilling-up and you might occaisionally be asked to sub some of them in a party that already has another red mage, provided you mention you have millions of gil in DD gear and/or sword & crit merits and the macros to make use of it. At least, I've been asked to /nin and be a DD two or three times now lol.
                              /nin
                              /war
                              /pld
                              /thf
                              /blu
                              Last edited by arkaine23; 07-06-2006, 10:30 AM.
                              Madrone Hume Female Leviathan Server
                              75: RDM MNK BLM PLD BRD subs: NIN WAR DRK BLU WHM SCH DNC RNG
                              AF+1 16/25, AF2 9/25, Nashira 1/5, Crimson 3/5, Pln 2/5, Yigit 5/5, Zenith 3/5, Shura 3/5, Askar 1/5, Goliard 2/5, Homam 2/5
                              Merits 384/506, Bastok rank 10, Merc rank 10

Comment

Working...
                              X