This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever disappointed to get help?

I'd been trying to drum up support from my friends and shellmates to go kill Miser Murphy with me, but apparently everyone had already had a horrible experience with him so I got no takers. I found an ancient thread on Alla about soloing him, though ... I have a fetish for soloing ridiculous things. It's in my blood as a rdm, I guess. ^^

So last night after getting my Orc Crest for G3 I decide to give it a shot. I trek out to Fei'yin and test the water a bit, happy to find that not even the golems on the first floor still aggro me. I buff up as much as I can, throw Gravity on Murphy to give me a head start and start booking towards the zoneline. I swear this ghost has ADD I had to go back and get him so many times. Anyway, I drag him over to the zoneline finally and start doing my cycle of zone out, sit a tick, buff, pop in and Burn, zone out, sit a tick, buff, pop in and Poison II, and so on. One time I wasn't fast enough and got smashed with his absurd 500 damage added effect drain attack, but overall it's going pretty good.

I get him down to about 80% this way and hear footsteps in Beaucedine. Uh oh. I was afraid it was a party of 40s here for 5-1 that I was about to get murdered by leaving a high level NM next to the zone. Turns out it was the opposite luck. A 75 thf/nin and his whm friend there to duo Shiva. I offer to Gravity kite it for him so he can get by, but he just says "zone in." I do so and find him with the mob claimed, engaged with his back to it waiting for me to accept an invite.

So he proceeds to basically solo it for me, which was really impressive. There was one time that one of the aforementioned 500 damage drain attacks got through and me and the whm had to dump a Cure IV on him, but otherwise he owned it. I stay and chat with them for a while and they're really cool people, and I'm happy to be one step closer to my sweet hat but I leave kinda disappointed. I was so gonna solo that thing. I probably was going to succeed too, but now I'll probably never know if I had the skill to solo Miser Murphy at 60.

Anybody else ever feel like this or is it my own unique psychosis?
    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Re: Ever disappointed to get help?

It's not just you. Here's a hint for the future: don't ask anyone for help on CoP who has already done the missions past Minotaur. They're annoying. I still have 2 BCNMs left, and my grand total has passed about 2million gil to get to CoP 8.3. A lot of frustration and used items. >_<
    Rodin - Ragnarok Server (Out of Retirement)
    90BRD 90SMN 90WHM 75BLM 75RDM 61BST 50RNG 37NIN 37THF

Goal: All jobs max level and capped merits.

Comment

My LS has been really helpful with me... there's this 75 Nin 75Pld who already completed CoP but he tanks for my team all the way from mission 3 until the end ><
      There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
      but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
      transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Ahh, but you're missing the point. It was a test of skill to see if I could win the fight on my own as a 60rdm/blm. It was an opportunity to measure myself that I probably won't get again.

Comment

In my eyes, the process is complete, hat get.

However, I do see the path you're coming from.
          All spells obtained!
          Homam Gear: 2/5

Comment

Don't know how this NM works, can you not just go pop him again? Or is it only popped if at that point in the quest?
            Also, do the new rules about zoning mobs and the anti-mpk stuff not apply to NM's? Did I miss that in the original update news?
            I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

it pops when a Rdm with the quest active enters the zone I think. That or approach near the fountain.
              There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
              but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
              transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

No need to fret, Taskmage. I've little doubt you would have successfully soloed him.

Comment

Ya, been there done that. Being a rdm, I too will do things just for the heck of it. I don't tell anyone and that way if I fail NO ONE KNOWS! ^^ But if I succeed I drive everyone crazy. Being a taru rdm, sometimes people see me and it might look as if I'm struggling (sometimes I am) and they come to my rescue. Now I can't get angry with them because they are being very kind and helping in their own mind, so I just smile, bow, and thank them. Then I /sigh and go back to trying it again!
                  Originally posted by Feba
                  But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                  Originally posted by Taskmage
                  God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                  Originally posted by DakAttack
                  ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Well, it would have been interesting to see, thats for sure. But you've got a pimp hat now, and in the end isn't that all that really matters?
                    RDM 75 - SMN 72 - WHM 37 - BLM 37 - DRK 37 -
                    Bastok Rank 10 Completed
                    Rise of the Zilart 16 "The Celestial Nexus"
                    Chains of Promathia 8 - 1 "Garden of Antiquity"
                    Treasures of Aht Urghan 13 "Lost Kingdom"

Comment

Caspian - Yes to all questions. I could finish my hat, get my gloves, reset my AF quests and try again, but I'd have to stop leveling til then. I level slowly enough without deciding not to get any exp.

BP - Heh. Thanks.

TGM - Yeah, exactly!

Comment

I will always find it amazing how people are willing to take down Kirin/Genbu/Sazuku/etc but cry chicken when it comes to AF NMs. You should not have to solo for your hat, it really isn't worth that kind of stress - glad you didn't. I didn't have the same luck with WHM AF3, who rivals Miser in terms of people turning yellow and running. I had to tag along with a party who was going to kill him for kicks. (>________>)
                        Elathia :: Hume :: Female :: San d'Oria rank 7 :: WHM70 | BLM52 | RDM24 | THF15 >> Cerberus //Retired

Comment

Hi Taskmage,

I'm glad you were able to get help for that portion. However, that is the easiest compared to the 2nd NM. I hope you can get a good team for it though. I just got my hat done with 2 other RDMs and we were fortunate to have a generous level 75 PLD and his 70+ SAM friend to help us (I dual boxed in my 72 DRK too) It was fun.

I just finished the PLD AF quest in Davoi for a friend, 61 PLD. We recruited a tarutaru JP player who I PL'd his PT before (He remembered, but I didn't) and because of that and how he appreciated that help, he said he would help with this AF. He came as a 75 WHM/NIN wearing an Optical Hat and Noble's Tunic.

If any of you had not done this before, it is one of the more INCREDIBLY DIFFICULT fights. It's a long fight, especially with the PLD mob and him using invincible. Also EP orcs link up and the fight can turn out to be a disastrous affair.

For most of the fight, it was (again) my dual-boxed 72 DRK and this WHM, ping ponging hate and burning our 2hours as well. It was intense, but a lot of fun. I think overall we spent nearly 15 minutes to kill both monsters (These NMs resist sleep, even when ES'd, so I'm guessing you cannot sleep them at all) Took the PLD NM last, since that one would take forever (What with the Curing and 2hour)

I like challenges. I like small groups of people and then I also like having fun. I hope you get your AF done soon and enjoy the fruits of your labors (Pimp Hat, yah!)

Oh ... shameless plug for Coeurl Sautee. This stuff is good.

Comment

Working...
                          X