This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rdm/whm

Hello I just started my Rdm a few days ago and its currently at level 10 and im subbing whm is this a good subjob? I see alot of rdm/blm is there more benifits to subbing blm then whm?

sorry for the noob questions, PB

Re: Rdm/whm

Personally I dont sub /whm because I prefer the nuking and the /blm utility spells like Warp for my character. /whm you will be seen by most as a backup / main healer most of the time.

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

Both WHM and BLM are extremely good subs.

Personally, though, I'd rather have a RDM sub WHM in my PTs for better backup healing capabilities.
      All Nations: Rank 10
      Rise of the Zilart: Complete
      Chains of Promathia: Complete
      75 BRD/75 WHM/75 BLM/75 MNK/75 RDM/57 DRK/40 THF/39 WAR/37 NIN & SMN/All the rest < 37

What to level next? (DRK!)

Comment

you can rdm/whm to end game with no problem whatsoever.

Personally I only use it in Monk parties
        Weeee of Kujata(Main)
        PLD 75
        Ninja 75
        RDM 75
        THF: 75
        RNG: 75
        BST: 75
        BLM: 70
        Mule1
        BLM: 75
        Mule2
        THF: 71
        Heeeeeee(RL GF):
        Mnk, BRD, WAR ,BLM: 75
        Cooking: 96
        ClothCraft 94+5
        http://staronionbrigade.com/ My Blog

Fyi: No Excalibur or aegis(working on aegis) rest is legit ;o

Comment

/Whm works really good and is my favourite sub for PT too. It gives you a lot of party-friendly utilities like erase, ~na spells and much more. Later on I really like goddess seal when I convert. There are quite a lot of levelling places you can really safe the entire group subbing /whm. Lvl 75 EXPing in lufiase for example, not having erase and silena can mean death xD

/Blm /Drk /Nin /Brd have their use, you should be ready to sub any one of these too. Especially in end game.
          There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
          but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
          transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Keep both leveled, switching on the fly is a good choice depending on pt/tactics.

Support type vs Attack type rdm. Generally if you have a blm you go support type, if you have a brd, you got support type, etc, and if there's no healer...yea...

Rdm/drk won't be needed till 74 for stun, but that's a end game choice.

If you want to be really crazy rdm/war is useful early levels too. Nothing like being another blink tank backup, for shadow passing setups...but it's not for 1st timers...usually it takes juices to do that.

Comment

RDM/WHM is a really great combination, but like everyone said above, it's really situationally dependant. RDM/BLM is a great combination in the absence of a BLM, especially needing that Escape spell for omgwtf situations at mid to higher levels ...

Comment

I like sub whm as well ^^ since it has many many party favored facilities such as bar-ra spells, silenca, erase and so on, despite sub blm gives me more mp and thus a bit closer to perfect convert ^^)b.

Currently working on nin and drk as sub, but I find nin interesting, may pursue nin job further =P.

Yet to lvl brd, but certainly will do, thx Jei for the advice.

Comment

As pretty much every is saying, keep both leveled. There are certain situations where you want /WHM and certain situations where you want /BLM. One of the major points of /WHM is that RDM have the highest Enhancing Magic and is much more useful when you can buff people other than yourself . Blm is good for Drain, Aspir, Warp, Escape, Tractor, and Conserve MP. For the most part, however, I find that if your party already has a BLM /WHM tends to be more useful.
                  RDM 75 - SMN 72 - WHM 37 - BLM 37 - DRK 37 -
                  Bastok Rank 10 Completed
                  Rise of the Zilart 16 "The Celestial Nexus"
                  Chains of Promathia 8 - 1 "Garden of Antiquity"
                  Treasures of Aht Urghan 13 "Lost Kingdom"

Comment

These are both good subs but to inform you of the norms

it is considered best to sub whm to lv40 (or was it 50?)

after that blm to end game unless pt needs a "whm" which will be that unlucky rdm

/nin for great solo from what i heard genbu tanking which i wish to hear talked about

/drk for getting certain items such as O hat, avavtars,etc

/war to help skill up or if you have no nin solo as well

Main Jobs- Rdm 60 Smn 31 Bst 28 Blu 27

The Quetzlcoatl Gimp's SS Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Khidir
                      These are both good subs but to inform you of the norms

it is considered best to sub whm to lv40 (or was it 50?)

after that blm to end game unless pt needs a "whm" which will be that unlucky rdm

/nin for great solo from what i heard genbu tanking which i wish to hear talked about

/drk for getting certain items such as O hat, avavtars,etc

/war to help skill up or if you have no nin solo as well
                      Well, again, the issue with BLM and WHM subjob is situationally dependant. There's been many times where, in the abscence of a WHM, that I wished that RDM in the party had a properly leveled WHM to sub instead of that useless BLM job (When there's already a BLM and a SMN in party) RDM/BLM is the norm and for the most part, works from decent to good in many party setup.

But, for some party setup, RDM/WHM gets points over RDM/BLM. The problem is, finding a RDM with both WHM and BLM leveled ...

Comment

Long ago, the only reason I wanted to use /blm for my rdm was for warp... to save me times running back to Jeuno. There was no warp item back then. It gives me convenience for myself. Imagine when warp 2 wasn't so common yet and we still went levelling in places like castle ZV and davoi.

For the party, where /Blm works, /whm will also works. But where /whm works, /blm may not work.
                        There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                        but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                        transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Originally posted by Jei
                          Long ago, the only reason I wanted to use /blm for my rdm was for warp... to save me times running back to Jeuno. There was no warp item back then. It gives me convenience for myself. Imagine when warp 2 wasn't so common yet and we still went levelling in places like castle ZV and davoi.

For the party, where /Blm works, /whm will also works. But where /whm works, /blm may not work.
                          Quoted for Truth (QFT)

Comment

I would always go with whm as a sub to any magic casting ability i.e. sum/bard etc. etc.

The extra mp boost helps and th extra curing ability. with one of my older charcaters when lvling in the dunes, I found that subbing whm helped as when i was a lvl 12 RDM/6whm I could take a burdon off the main party whm by removing poison status ailments throwing in a couple of cures if we get hit by a special move as well as throwing in a paralyze and banish, so the main aprty WHm only has to concentrate on healing people. I was also able to melee a bit while the tanks kept hate.

having whm subbed you are a life line if the aprty gets into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Jei

Eh, I don't think that's quite true. Conserve MP is a convenience that can increase your exp/hr a bit if everything is going smoothly and won't save you in a bad situation, yes. But Elemental Seal, Sleepga and Escape can save you or your whole party from bad situations, sometimes better than anything you get from /WHM. In rare cases, Stun can be more effective and useful than anything you get from /WHM *or* /BLM (usually this is because there is a WHM/BLM in party - thus anything you get from them is redundant - and no stunner). Assuming we're talking about exp parties here, because the same point applies even more strongly to Dynamis, BCNMs, and HNMs.

Both /BLM and /WHM have some situations where they are clearly better than any alternative sub. So does /DRK, but only at level 74+ (it's generally directly inferior to /BLM except for Stun, but Stun can be good enough to outweigh everything else you would get fron another sub, depending on the situation).

RDM is a versatile job that doesn't really depend on a sub for its core abilities the way something like PLD does, so it's not surprising that it can use a variety of subs successfully. There is no one-size-fits-all subjob. I haven't even started on solo/small-group subs.
                              Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
                              RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
                              All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

Working...
                              X