This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Only by Experience

one time i was soloing demons in castle baileys for fun and refresh wore when i had 8mp left ><:: stoneskin wore and i didnt have nin sub, so i was forced to try to convert and heal without the demons hitting me once.... i failed

then i was soloing wespes in temple of ugg....ya.. for hornetneedle. didnt bother to heal cuz blink and stoneskin were doin fine, then blink wore and it did final sting for 500dmg while i was recasting >_> i got a beehive drop.... yay.
    www.sockbaby.com

Gaze upon its glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagerou
      Hmmm.. does the evasion bonus help that much? I would think /nin is more useful in terms of soloing
      Well, I love evasion, I tried out a full evasion set with /nin, and loved it.

Current solo gear: http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?98439

Evasion+47. (+77 when I use blind potions)
      With that, and Utsu:Ichi, and Stoneskin, I can last pretty well.
      Last edited by Squerril; 11-11-2005, 11:53 AM.
      Squerril
      Caitsith

Comment

Yeah, I know I just didn't agree when Dragonsword said to sub thf for soloing (for the evasion bonus trait)
        noein 萌え

kagerou1.deviantart.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kafeen
          I had an embarasing moment with one of those Uragnites on the Manaclipper. The first time I fought oneI hadn't quite managed to kill it as the manaclipper was docking so I used up all my mana trying to kill it, not quite managing. Being back in Bibiki bay and only having 3 MP left I hit convert, seconds later I'm dead from the Uragnite's poison I forgot I had >_<.
          Yeah, this happened to me after my RDM Dark Spark fight.

2 LS members when in and just blew it away. MNK71 did 1205 Asurian Fists on it. Thing died super fast, but I was dumping a lot of Cures on the MNK and THF75. So I didn't have enough MP to Warp back and get my gloves. So I Convert and Warp. Only problem is DS dumped BioIII on me as soon as I pop'd him. I forgot about this. I show up in Port Jeuno with like 45HP, and the lag of loading the zone wouldn't let me Cure myself, and I couldn't zone into MH. So I died standing right in front of my MH. I was so excited about getting my gloves (I had to do DRK gloves first since I started the quest long ago. I was so happy to finally get the gloves) so I could start leveling again, I just HP'd. So I respawned right where I died and ran off to finish the quest!

LS member asked me why I didn't wait for a Raise. I was too excited it didn't occur to me. But there were about 25 people standing at the zone, as always seems to happen, so nobody would have seen me anyway. lol

Originally posted by Enialas
          RDM version of Poisona: Stoneskin ^^
          I didn't know Stoneskin would eat that damage too. I guess it makes sense... I'll have to try that. I have a Poison Potion left over from my Alchemy Skill Ups, I'm gonna have to test this.
          Odude
          PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
          RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
          SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

Found out it takes an hour for me to kill a Steelshell solo! (Well, I guess when I did this, I was skilling my 185ish Club and 205ish Dagger).
            Last edited by Susurrus; 11-12-2005, 09:31 AM.
            Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
            Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
            Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
            Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
            Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

lol, don't scare me like that! I thought it was with Sword or sometihng. Exact words "Shit! a lvl 75 RDM said that!" At least I know that I'll be able to cap evasion and sword and all that good stuff on Steelshells. When I start playing again, I might skill up on Quadavs in Beaudeux.
              The Tao of Ren
              FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
              Originally posted by Kaeko
              As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Personally, I like /DRK for solo. Drain, Aspir, Attack Bonus and the good sword weaponskills. And Stun for certain TP moves (usually don't need to stun spells as I keep casters silenced). Although this depends on what you're fighting, it would be much less useful against undead for example.

Subjob choice influences available WS with sword (WAR, DRK and PLD sub allow Red Lotus, Seraph and more importantly, Vorpal), but a lot of times I solo with dagger (Thanatos Baselard), primarily for Energy Drain. Eviscerate seems to be stronger than savage blade, too. -.- I might change that if I get a Joyeuse or other really good sword, though.

Yes, Stoneskin does soak up damage over time effects like poison, bio, rasp etc. and allow you to rest while afflicted by them. It also stops those effects from breaking Sleep, so in those fights where you use poison potions to avoid sleep, don't use Stoneskin! Similar remarks apply to Earthen Ward.
                Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
                RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
                All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

Well, I suppose my experiences may be a bit mundane compared to some of the others, but I have learned a few things....

1) A Taru can actually outrun Yagudos

2) When trying to avoid aggro, one can - literally ! - hide in the grass/bushes ! (if one is a Taru, that is)

3) Goblins can link + total of 6 goblins in the hall at the Inner Horutoto Ruins = dead Taru

4) Tom Tit Tat may look like a Mandragora. He acts like a Mandragora. He even squeaks like a Mandragora when hit. But he is not, in fact, a Mandragora, in the normal sense of the word. Indeed, he is a Notorious Monster..... (Lesson here ? Check your mobs....)
                  Destined Fellow Eue
                  Windurst Rank 4

Linkshell : Lords of Kirin
                  Mog House 60/80 - Exit upgrade completed for Windy, Sandy, Bastok, and Jeuno
                  Inventory 35/60

Crags : Mea, Dem, Holla, Altep
                  OP Warp : Zulkheim, Sarutabaruta, Kuzotz, Qufim, Aragoneu, Elshimo Lowlands, Li'Telor

NPC Fellow Nanako : Attacker

My journal
                  My blog

Which FF Character Are You?

Windurst Fame 4
                  Sandy Fame 4
                  Bastok Fame 2
                  Tenshodo Fame 3

Comment

Originally posted by Eue
                    Well, I suppose my experiences may be a bit mundane compared to some of the others, but I have learned a few things....

1) A Taru can actually outrun Yagudos

2) When trying to avoid aggro, one can - literally ! - hide in the grass/bushes ! (if one is a Taru, that is)

3) Goblins can link + total of 6 goblins in the hall at the Inner Horutoto Ruins = dead Taru

4) Tom Tit Tat may look like a Mandragora. He acts like a Mandragora. He even squeaks like a Mandragora when hit. But he is not, in fact, a Mandragora, in the normal sense of the word. Indeed, he is a Notorious Monster..... (Lesson here ? Check your mobs....)
                    LOL Eue! Cute! ^^
                    Originally posted by Feba
                    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                    Originally posted by Taskmage
                    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                    Originally posted by DakAttack
                    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

I've learned that at level 61, while I CAN handle Mysticmaker Profblix by myself, I CANNOT handle the 30 other mobs in the area that aggro me. Oi!

Comment

There are times where I say "I can't wait till I'm 75 and fully capped, I'm going to pwn the shyte out of anything I want."

And then I start exping and it's either annoying or mundane. Damn this exp grind!!!!!

In any case, I'm going to raise DRK, BRD and SMN to 37, might be fun to tool around with as subs.
                        The Tao of Ren

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
                        As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Ooo, I am just itching to level NIN and DRK to 40, and let the soloing-mayhem begin!

Comment

Yeah, having dual Wield 2 by now would have made me a happy camper, but i'm muling all my NIN gear, and it's just a real bother to do so =[ I'm doing DRK cause it's easy, and BRD cause it's easier.
                            The Tao of Ren

Comment

My first solo defeat was at 42 when i took on a ep Ochu in Rolannberry Fields got killed when i through every thing i had at it except slow almost killed it it had like 15% hp left shouldve converted but i got it at 44 this time i used my Bio>Paralyze>Slow>Phalanx>Stoneskin and it got me to half hp with covert used fun fight happy elvaan in the end^^.... im sry this was about good or bad solos? i guess i have both

Main Jobs- Rdm 60 Smn 31 Bst 28 Blu 27

The Quetzlcoatl Gimp's SS Gallery

Comment

Another kind of old thread I'm renewing, but I've got another example of my stupidity from times long past.

I was PLing a friend in K. Highlands at about lvl 32. He accidently pulled 2 extra gobs on top of the one he was fighting, so after managing to cure him enough to keep him alive, get the other 2 off of him and kill them, and finally cur ehim some more, I was running a bit low on mp. Someone ran through shouting for help as the Tremor Ram was chasing them. I used more of my already short supply of mp healing them, and went to take the ramoff of them. I had it to about 10% health at max, and it hit me wiht that stupid bleet ability, which basically got rid of the little mp I had left, and I ended up dying. How embarrassing! I can't believe I even told this story again, as it took months before I lived it down when my Ls members found out...

I have since killed the T. Ram 127 times, for no other reason than when I see it, I remember this incident, and must have revenge.

Comment

Working...
                                X