This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only by Experience

So I found out today that I can't really melee-solo Robber Crabs at 68, lmao!!!

Ah, good times.

Anyone else have funny experiences soloing?

a Sam/Rng (this summer-pre patch) told me that I couldnt solo an EP Manticore outside of Kuftal. (laughs lightly) jokes. Of course, it hit me with some fire move, did like 300 damage. Scared the eff outta me.

I love being a RDM.
    The Tao of Ren
    FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
    Originally posted by Kaeko
    As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Re: Only by Experience

Oh ya!! Did this with a Sabotender. Of course, while I was casting utsusemi, it did 1000 needles. >.< I was SOOOO embarassed!
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

lmao! Isnt 1k an AOE. I also did convert right before Sidewinder.

. . .

*sighs*
      The Tao of Ren
      FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
      Originally posted by Kaeko
      As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

I tried sabotendor too... actually it was just a cactaur >< took it down to 5-6% and it 1 shot me from full health.
        There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
        but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
        transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Originally posted by Jei
          I tried sabotendor too... actually it was just a cactaur >< took it down to 5-6% and it 1 shot me from full health.
          OMG I'm not alone in my pain! LOL
          Originally posted by Feba
          But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
          Originally posted by Taskmage
          God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
          Originally posted by DakAttack
          ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

I killed an even match Robber Crab solo as BLM with just Earth Staff, Blaze Spikes and Drain for damage. I had no idea I could do that. I killed dozens more after that for fun and staff skill. >_>

Comment

Garuda Prime defeats Odude
              Odude takes 1294 points of damage.

Couple of Lv.75 people were going, and I needed to go. So I went along. I figured I could Refresh, Haste, Dispel and help Cure. I thought I was standing back far enough. It killed 3 of 5 people! I had Stoneskin and Phalanx up, and even with out HP- items, I have 1023HP max at Lv.60. MNK75 finished it off, WHM72 survived it, and the SMN67 used a Reraise item and got up to help finish it off. I wasn't much use, but I got a Raise III!

We did Titan after that, I actually helped there. MB'd for a total of 600dmg, and nuked for about another 400dmg. So I actually helped there on that fight. Garuda's move scared me! Huge shockwave is what it looked like, then suddenly everybody was dead! lol
              Odude
              PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
              RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
              SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

I skill up using steelshell in Boyahda Tree recently. I go as Rdm/nin for dual wield sword and dagger, so as to skill up both weapons at the same time ^^)b.

Without defensive food and evasion bonus from sub thf, the crab breaks through my stoneskin in a few hits. I have to sleep it and re-apply stoneskin and blink many times in between convert. In many cases, I simply cannot finish the crab as mp is out and convert is not up yet =( .

What I propose if you solo EM or T mobs:

(a) use defensive food
                (b) sub thf (for evasion bonus)
                (c) use shield ^^
                (d) sleep, back to the mob and reapply stoneskin and blink
                (e) make sure aquaveil is on
                (f) blind, paralyze and slow do help out to make ur stoneskin last longer ^^
                (g) I put up ice spikes to reinforce the paralyze effect =D

Comment

Was testing RDM/NIN on easy tigers in Jugner. Got hit by Roar. Sat around for 20 minutes after tiger died...waiting for Paralyze to end.

Moral of the story: I hate tigers
                  All spells obtained!
                  Homam Gear: 2/5

Comment

I agree Dragonsword. When I skill up, I fight EP and Decent mobs. I always start out with Stoneskin, I don't worry about Blink, but I always enfeeble the hell out of it to start. Paralyze, Slow, Blind, Gravity, and Frost if I actually keep my BLM sub. (I usually skill up with WAR for Defender and Double Attack.) And as soon as I see something wear off, I start casting. I love seeing the paralyze notice 5 straight times as I get a couple of skill ups.

I just bought Phalanx so I'm eager to try that with solo skill ups. (Price dropped from 200k to 85k in two days. I cast it every chance I get now! lol Even though I'm not 100% sure how helpful it is! lol)
                    Odude
                    PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
                    RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
                    SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

Phalanx is about 30k on pandemonium ^^

i buff me with haste, refresh, stone, phala, spikes, enspells (not for skill ups) and then going to cast some spells on the mob, bind, slow, paralyze, blind, gravity and bioII if i know i haven`t got to rest.

thatgs it, i recast if something wore off. bind and sleep helps if something might going wrong.
                      Monchichie

Ayumie

Comment

Yes I have many close calls where bind had saved my life ^^ Sometimes I was distracted by my TV, look back and see my HP in the red zone /shock.
                        There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                        but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                        transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

I had an embarasing moment with one of those Uragnites on the Manaclipper. The first time I fought oneI hadn't quite managed to kill it as the manaclipper was docking so I used up all my mana trying to kill it, not quite managing. Being back in Bibiki bay and only having 3 MP left I hit convert, seconds later I'm dead from the Uragnite's poison I forgot I had >_<.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonsword
                            What I propose if you solo EM or T mobs:

(a) use defensive food
                            (b) sub thf (for evasion bonus)
                            (c) use shield ^^
                            (d) sleep, back to the mob and reapply stoneskin and blink
                            (e) make sure aquaveil is on
                            (f) blind, paralyze and slow do help out to make ur stoneskin last longer ^^
                            (g) I put up ice spikes to reinforce the paralyze effect =D
                            Hmmm.. does the evasion bonus help that much? I would think /nin is more useful in terms of soloing

oh, I got my ass kicked by Stray Mary once. I cried when I found out that he dropped the horn.
                            noein 萌え

kagerou1.deviantart.com

Comment

RDM version of Poisona: Stoneskin ^^

usually it lasts thru entire poison duration, if any doubts, cancel it and rescast before Convert. I had a close one, thought i didn't die. the whm & pld didn't notice I converted and freaked. you can also /heal while poisoned with stoneskin

Phalanx runs/ran 60k on my server when I got it.

make you're absolutely you're out of Blood Saber's AoE range when you Convert and not on the edge. I converted and just watch my HPs drop to 0 and I collapse instead of my HPs stopping at what my MPs were. My only {Convert} {death}

Even though (after 60) you run by many EPs that do not aggro, does not mean no EPs will aggro.
                              Paragon of Red Mage Excellence
                              G1 (X) 2(X) 3(X) 4(X) 5(Test aquired)
                              San Doria Rank 6
                              ZM5, PM2-5, ToAU 1-1

Which FF Character Are You?

a male version anyways >.> ... ~.^

#2 Vivi #3 Kuja

Comment

Working...
                              X