This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beginning to end...

I just wanna see some ideas on job progression... beginning to end. Like start BLM > RDM/BLM. Or is it better to level both BLM and WHM before RDM to be versatile? What do you guys think would be most efficient?

Re: Beginning to end...

my advise is lvl blm and whm to 37 first, then lvl rdm,
    its very hard to go back to an unfinished job and pick it back up when you reach say 60 as rdm then have to go back to kazam to lvl your sub,

and while your at it, lvl whm atleast to 38, its an unbelivably helpful

Comment

you can probably pick either whm or blm as a sub job and only bring up 1 to 37. However, Rdm is a very versatile support job later on so if you want to be efficient, you should have both Whm and Blm ready to sub depending on your group set up and the monsters you hunt.

Sub jobs that works with Rdm, in different situations of couse. - Whm Blm Drk Brd Thf Nin
      There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
      but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
      transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

RDM is a pretty good solo class from 1-18 , I started with RDM as my first choice to 18 to get sub job faster. I did the sub job quest and then leveled BLM to 37 while picking up the chocobo quest at 20. Then when BLM reached 37 switched over to RDM , worked pretty well for me.
        PANDEMONIUM

Nites 75RDM/BLM - Rank 10

I need a buddy pass!

Comment

As Rdm, Whm and Blm uses pretty much the same equip in the beginning (up until Seer's gear at least) it doesn't really matter in which order you level them. What I had planned to do was to just level pretty randomly but try to keep an eye on future equipment and the level ranges of the areas. If there was a fairly expensive new piece of gear coming up that all jobs would benefit from I'd level them all up to that point. As I said, this was the plan.....it didn't work out perfectly because Rdm was always the job I enjoyed the most so that got ahead more and more

If I would do this again I'd take Blm -> 18, Whm ->37, Blm 18-37, Rdm -> Whenever I get soso bored with it. When this happens I would level other subs that will be good to have, War, Thf, Drk, Nin at least. Maybe also Brd and Smn. For these it's no need to rush them to 37, however I would make sure to stop where there's new equipment though so I can keep my moghouse as clean as possible.

And definately do what Gasgul suggested, 38 Whm will feel soooooo good to have. You will have a lot of use for it for yourself but you'll also be able to help others quite a bit.

Comment

Well I started over recently and what I am doing is WHM and BLM to 18, RDM to 30, WHM and BLM to 25, RDM to 50 and so on.

its very hard to go back to an unfinished job and pick it back up when you reach say 60 as rdm then have to go back to kazam to lvl your sub
            This is also quite true, gotta love those great PT's you get to go back to.:errr:

Hori retreated from battle. What a coward.
            Hori
            San d'Oria
            RDM/BLM/WHM
            (´ ゜ω゜`)
            Don't like to haste our precious NIN tank? You're not RDM, then. -Apple Pie/Grendal

Comment

hmm i think a bit different the only reason to keep all jobs close in level really for me is the storage issue. with the new NPC storing armors it's a lot easier to play different jobs at different levels imo. Also, going back to kazam for a day or 2 is a really good change from after you spend months and months in boyada tree
              There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
              but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
              transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Well, I started off as WAR, did the melee thing for a while....

But when I got interested in RDM I started by leveling BLM and WHM, got sick of WHM after a while and leveled BLM as I needed to for RDM. Once I hit 40 or so I started to get WHM back up to speed.

Comment

I'm the guy that levels just about everything. I see some time down the road that I'll have all jobs to at least Lv.50. lol

I started out with RDM, got my subjob with that. Then spent two days unlocking all the advanced jobs. (Save SMN.) Dude I'd partied with when I was in beta wanted to level PLD, and I had at least an above average wish to level DRK. So we went on a 10 leveling crazy. Going from Lv.1 to Lv.37. After that I kind of just go back to other jobs as I need a break from whatever it is I'm doing at the time.

I've hated the though of leveling WHM so it's still very low, but I leveled BLM up for Warp. (Really handy for doing missions and quests and the like.) Turns out I liked it a lot and just kept going for a while.

I've heard a ton of people suggesting the Lv.1-18 in the subjob, then leveling your intended main job to Lv.32, then taking subjob to Lv.37, blah blah blah. I just don't know anybody personally who's actually done that. lol
                  Odude
                  PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
                  RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
                  SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

I love to have variety. It can get frustrating or boring lvling one job. So lvling up rdm, blm, whm, smn, and brd gives me a nice variety to pick from. I also have a variety of subs to choose from. And sometimes you'll find that the job you had originally chosen isn't as fun as another. Variety is good and FFXI offers it, so take advantage of it!
                    Originally posted by Feba
                    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                    Originally posted by Taskmage
                    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                    Originally posted by DakAttack
                    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

I'm pretty much in agreement with TheGrandMom. RDM is so flexible of a class that depending on the subjob, you can do various tasks with such ease, or greater effectiveness. Such as soloing mobs with a Ninja sub. At level 74-75RDM, your ninja sub will provide extra blink spells, extra agility to your stats, and the Dual Wield trait.

WAR sub allows you to access other weapon skills, DRK sub gives access to extra dark magic skill points as well as the Stun spell. WHM&BLM are for additional MP as well as versitility with more spells to use. SMN sub allows access to even greater of an MP addition plus avatar blood pacts & Auto-refresh. RNG sub allows you to use RNG Weaponskills, since RDM is allowed to skill archery.

But for those starting out, I suggest to stick with a main BLM sub and level a WHM sub for those "just in case" purposes. BLM sub will add more INT to your RDM. And how poor a RDM's nukes are being the reason BLM subs are so popular. SMN sub adds more INT than BLM sub, but that won't give you extra dark magic skill points and Elemental Seal.
                      Altaeciana:75RDM/40BLM/71WHM/40SMN/37NIN/37DRK/40RNG/37WAR
                      Elemental days of our lives . . .:Fire-Earth-Water-Wind-Ice-Thunder-Light-Dark

Comment

Working...
                      X