This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Post your opinions on the new RNG changes

Why not just Shadowbind after the WS? Of if that's doesn't work Bind from the mages (might be a bit tougher, but the game is about teamwork no?) ?

If not that then I'm pretty sure you can just do something along the lines of this. . .

1) RNG WS at optimal range
    2) Mage Sleeps mob (Sleeping has hardly ever been a problem most of time, espeically after a Dark Staff)
    3) Tank and THF have already disengaged prior to the start of the WS and runs up near the mob
    4) THF or /THF makes a macro. . .
    /attack
    /wait 1
    /ja "Sneak Attack" <me>
    /wait 1
    /ja "Trick Attack" <me>
    /wait 1
    /ws "Viper Bite" <t>

I'm sure this macro works because I've done it when solo around waiting for a PT (Although there might be something I'm forgetting in the macro . . . )

The reason why I suggest this is because I know that the renkei time has changed alot so that there is alot of time in between the two WS.

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage
      This sort of complaint reminds me greatly of the outcry that buzzed around when Sneak Attack was changed (something which nerfed thieves MUCH more than this change nerfs Rangers, incidentally).

So basically you're saying that a RNG who can't control his hate level is going to pull aggro, move the mob and screw up a skillchain.

Sure, it's going to make it harder for THF and /THF melees to skillchain. But they will adapt, or RNG will learn how to control their enmity so the mob doesn't beeline for them on a WS.. or heaven forbid that the tank follow the monster and the THF or /THF do so as well. It's 2-3 steps, people, not the Boston Marathon. This is not an insurmountable obstacle.

Does it make RNG weaker in a party dynamic viewpoint? Sure.
      Will sucky players not be able to deal with this? Probably.
      Should that matter to anyone who knows what they're doing? Probably not.

This change raises the bar for required skill when in a party, but many people have complained that combat is too easy. Well, now melees might actually have to think about what they're doing now. Horrors.

Icemage
      As Jei pointed out, the mob is SUPPOSED to turn when the RNG WS, but now the burden is not so much on the RNG, but on the other melees to chase around the target. In an ideal situation, everyone does their jobs perfectly in wide open space where you can set up PT positions according to those wonderful theoratical diagrams that bounces hate around like a pinball and nothing ever goes wrong, but in practice, there are WALLS and LINKS around most leveling areas – things don't just fall into place and everyone lives happily ever after.

Please don't speculate, if you have a RNG job (at least high enough level to do Sidewinder), go play it and compare it to before. If you don't have a RNG job, why are you posting here?

Comment

I don't particulary care for the exp situations. With a good tank, I can give 2 shits about moving away from the mob to do damage.

The 2 main problems that I've noticed.

1) Unable to solo. Other classes do tremendous damage to EP and TW mobs when they farm for stuff, making it very nice and fast. However, rangers don't have that luxury anymore. While farming chips in psoxja for my CoP mission, bats that I can once solo with ease now become epic battles. 600-800 damage slugshots (with CP bolt) with full str gear on BATS is kind of ridiculous. Not to mention damage is down to about 100 damage a shot on any mob other than bats. Don't give me crap about "omg use shadowbind", because its on a 5 minute timer.

2) Useless in bcnms. When stuff is constantly moving around, you lose your sweet spot. in CoP mission in particular, when you require 100% from all jobs, a screwed up barrage because the mob moved or a bad sidewinder is enough to waste 4 hours of everyone's time. EES being reliant on range doesn't help either.

Comment

Working...
        X