Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What IS the best bow/crossbow and gun?

In your opinion of course and explain why....

Thanks for your time.

Re: What IS the best bow/crossbow and gun?

Othinius Bow (Lv67) RNG <--Crossbow
    D:54 DLY:432
    R. ATK+18

Hellfire +1 (Lv70) RNG <--Gun
    D:42 DLY:640
    R. ACC+7 R. ATK+17

Eurytos' Bow (Lv55) RNG <--Bow
    D:71 DLY:490
    STR+3 AGI+3
    R. ACC+2 R. ATK+23
    Typho - Elvaan - San d'Oria - Rank 10 - Titan

THF - 75 | RNG - 55 | NIN - 38 | WAR - 27 | WHM - 20 | SAM - 16 | MNK - 14 | BLM - 10

Comment

Not much of a debate to be made here lol.

Windurst Rank 10. ZM14. CoP M5-2.
      RDM->62 (AF Completed), MNK->62 (AF Completed).

Comment

May someone please tell which is the best overall?

And are archer knives/hawkers necessary for RNG?
        Last edited by Sacrosankt; 07-10-2005, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sacrosankt
          May someone please tell which is the best overall?

And are archer knives/hawkers necessary for RNG?
          Best overall? That one is still being debated. Hellfire is considered best (atleast it was a cpl months ago) for Gods and other HNM's. After that, its kinda fuzzy, some ppl use O-bow for all xp after 67, some ppl use E-bow or if they cant afford that use Gendawa or Shigeto (+1 versions if ever available)

As for the knives....basically, yes, though the hawkers are more a luxury than a necessity. Archers give great ranged accuracy (which you'll be needing for a long time). With the sushi's its probably doable without them and using something that raise str instead (though I'm really not aware of any at that lvl). All in all, though, get the archers, they'll help.
          I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Caspian pretty much covered it here. O-bow is considered best for XP I _think_ because of the versatility of crossbows in general. I've noticed this with RNGs I've partied with, a lot of times Heavy Shot wont turn the mob for skillchain, but if the mob got stuck with acid bolt..it sure as hell will ;D.

Hellfire+1 is nice for a couple reasons. First, the stats are self explanatory. Another is the HUGE delay on it, makes it possible to Slug Shot > Barrage > Slug Shot because you get 100 TP back from barrage with it.

E-bow, just a great bow with great stats. Also its just great cause you can equip at as such low level, and get so much use out of it. Watch out for the RNGs Sidewinder who use this bow as soon as they get it.

Double Post Edited:
            About the hawker's. Most likely you'll want to use them, it's what gives RNG that great ACC at low levels combined with their innate ACC bonus job trait. After you hit 70, I think is when you get your last ACC bonus trait..and most RNGs will probably get rid of the Hawkers/Trailer's Kukri. The "optimal" setup 70+ I _think_ is Fransisca/Kriegsbeil(with the exception of maybe a Kraken RNG?) Dont hold me to that though, I'm not a RNG ^_^
            Last edited by ibroyles; 07-12-2005, 07:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            Typho - Elvaan - San d'Oria - Rank 10 - Titan

THF - 75 | RNG - 55 | NIN - 38 | WAR - 27 | WHM - 20 | SAM - 16 | MNK - 14 | BLM - 10

Comment

@75 you have enough r acc you tend to stray away from the hawkers with sometimes a woodsville/francisca/Kriegsbeil if you have em ;p

+str ftw

Comment

How much does the E-bow sell on auction (average price)?
                " "Othinus Bow" "?

Since the E-bow has +23 Ranged attack, does it do more dmg than the other two?

Thx again

Comment

E-bow I blv is going for about 20 million now, though mostly done by trade since noone wants to pay the AH fee to put it up for auction (this is for Fairy anyway, as I understand it, thats how most servers are now) Othinus bow is a rare/ex xbow that that has a ton of +r. atk and you can use acid bolts to overall increase your entire pt's dmg. Ebow will do more dmg than the other two, if you have the PPA (a ex arrow only attainable with CP and has +40 acc and a lot of r. atk too) (these are from Rugal's parsers if anyone wants to check the validity) If you dont have the CP arrow, it could theoretically be better to use the O-bow.

Note: due to the exorbant cost of the Ebow, very few rng's actually use it and just use Musk.Gun+1, War Bow+1, and O-bow until the 70's.

Comment

PPA is not that better than best arrow, Kabura Arrow (D38), in term of base damage (which it only have 40) , but the +40 ranged accuracy is good since you can swap most of your racc armor (jerkin ,rings, and necklace) to the other STR gears and fire off sidewinder with about the same if it's not better racc.

That is what marksmanship weapons can't do. GMB is pretty strong ammo compared to the best D ammo rng can use (Darksteel bolt D50 vs GMB D60) and it has +20 ratk also (compared to +10 ratk of PPA), but only give you +10 ranged accuracy. So you can't really swap out your racc for STR with the same accuracy when WS ing
                    Last edited by VZX; 07-18-2005, 10:43 PM.
                    Thanks,
                    Vrytreya

My FFXI Doc

Comment

I doubt they will, but I'm starting to hope that they add a bullet. Since bastok has the bolt and windy has the arrow, I'd figure that sandy would get the bullet.

Comment

Working...
                      X