Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After the Update! you going to continue ranger ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After the Update! you going to continue ranger ?

the next version update in mid-July~! soon

*Changes to Ranged Attacks
    Soon, the distance of the monster from the player will determine the damage and accuracy of ranged attacks. This determination will vary from weapon to weapon, as will the ideal distance for maximum damage. In addition, the higher the monster's level is with regard to the player, the less damage will be dealt with a ranged attack. This system is similar to that of melee attacks, but the difference in damage will not be as great.

why SE !! WHY

Rangers and Nin Nerfed! my main job's nin's update is ok for me , but rng's update really hurt us, really wtf SE thinking after all this time!!

Ranger's good bye
    NIN75 RNG75

Anyone who didn't see this nerf coming a mile away has been living in a cave. RNGs are undeniably the most unbalanced and powerful job in FFXI, to the point where most of the other DDs have become almost meaningless at end-game.

Icemage

Comment

Eh....Seeing people talk about quitting the job before they even know how hard they'll be hit is proof enough of how far they’ve deluded themselves into believing there is nothing wrong with their class, and yet are subconsciously aware and of, and feel guilt for, how good they have it.

Cheers.
      Rude, but not wrong. ;x
      Rank 10 Bastok, Rank 10 San d'Oria, Rank 10 Windurst
      'Rize of the Zilart' Missions: Completed
      'Chains of Promathia' Missions: Completed
      Treasures of Aht Urhgan Missions: #8
      Private First Class
      Purple: O | Brown: O | Black X ;-;
      Mee Deggi the Punisher: 1/1 (no help, no TH)
      "I Kill For Fun, Meng!!" - Tony

Comment

I don't have a problem playing an over powered job.
        If you play it well, why not play it?
        Kenshin of Valefor: Behemoth Dethroner

Hitting people in four spots with a stick.
        Thats Kendo!
        It'll just take you 20 years to learn to do it right.

Comment

I'm excited. 2 key reasons why.

1: Loss of hate when shadows are taken away will mean that with subbing nin, when I generate too much aggro and the mob turns to me, I won't have to lessen up as much on firing arrows because now I'll actually lose hate when my 3 shadows are taken.

2: Isn't anyone else in the rng community excited that we'll have to display a modicum of skill to effectively play our job? Managing the distance you are from the Mob for maximum dmg but minimum risk adds a bit of strategy to playing our jobs, it'll seperate all the true rng's from the one's who picked the jobs to avoid hours of LFG. I get bored spamming my ratk macro endlessly sometimes.

NIN75/RNG75/RDM75
          SMN66/COR66/WAR55/BRD55/DRK51

Stephen King's Wizard and Glass: Fools are the only folk on earth absolutely guaranteed to get what they deserve.

Comment

Soon, the distance of the monster from the player will determine the damage and accuracy of ranged attacks. This determination will vary from weapon to weapon, as will the ideal distance for maximum damage.
            OH NO!

They are actually making it realistic. Just like they did with sneak attack.

Comment

Originally posted by Metrou
              They are actually making it realistic. Just like they did with sneak attack.
              realisticly can one miss their target if it's less that an inch away ? @_@;
              There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
              but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
              transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

realisticly can one miss their target if it's less that an inch away ? @_@;
                Yep. Same concept as D&D explaination. Opponents are moving and weaving, and they have armor that will block it, absorb some of it, or just plain get threw from clinks.

It's just your graphics card can't handle Real life simulation. Maying in 3 years, S-E will flip the "real swtich" and you'll see yourself (Of course i'm joking).

Now the real question is, why don't our armors break after getting hit with a Stone5?

It's just a game balance in areas of abuse. I'm gussing normal xp rangers who stand next to a monster, isn't going to be effected, but those that can KO kirin in 16 minutes will find themselves looking for a new plan.

Comment

Ranger = low HP
                  Ranger = low Defense
                  Ranger = low dex
                  Ranger = low Vit
                  Ranger = low evasion ( E rank )
                  Ranger = 0 Parry

Ranger's cant solo shit, ,

not fair to let melees hits like rng's , we spend million on ammo,
                  powder,food, also our food very expensive,

dont tell me melees spend more on gear than Ranger's ,

Hawker's Knife+1 x2 ( each for 3,500,000G) = 7million
                  Hellfire+1 = 4million
                  or e-bow = 15~17million depend on seller
                  o-bow = ex/rare
                  Optical Hat
                  AF Body or Kirin's Osode
                  Crimson Finger Gauntlets or Seriyu's Kote
                  Dusk Trousers ( 4 million )
                  Strider Boots or af1 foot or af2 foot ( 20+million dont know maybe 30+ million )
                  Ranger Necklace / Jagd Gorget / Peacock Charm ( charm 20~25million )
                  Drone/Gening Earring ( Genin 700~900k)
                  Merman's Ring / Behemoth Ring
                  Royal Knight's Belt +2
                  Amemite Mantle+1 ( 1,3m ~1.8)

aslo dont forget STR gear , STR gear cost Fortune , depend on race . . . .

---------------------------------

Before the update :

Ranger's ranged attack hits kirin for 120 points of damage.

Ranger's ranged attack hits kirin for 110 points of damage.

After the update: :confused: i'm afraid of....

Ranger's ranged attack hits kirin for 40 points of damage.

miss miss miss

maybe more than 40 >70

let's wait to the update ,
                  and see how the dmg will drop, :sweat:
                  NIN75 RNG75

Comment

Originally posted by Linkoq
                    Ranger = low HP
                    Ranger = low Defense
                    Ranger = low dex
                    Ranger = low Vit
                    Ranger = low evasion ( E rank )
                    Ranger = 0 Parry

Ranger's cant solo shit, ,

not fair to let melees hits like rng's , we spend million on ammo,
                    powder,food, also our food very expensive,

dont tell me melees spend more on gear than Ranger's ,

Hawker's Knife+1 x2 ( each for 3,500,000G) = 7million
                    Hellfire+1 = 4million
                    or e-bow = 15~17million depend on seller
                    o-bow = ex/rare
                    Optical Hat
                    AF Body or Kirin's Osode
                    Crimson Finger Gauntlets or Seriyu's Kote
                    Dusk Trousers ( 4 million )
                    Strider Boots or af1 foot or af2 foot ( 20+million dont know maybe 30+ million )
                    Ranger Necklace / Jagd Gorget / Peacock Charm ( charm 20~25million )
                    Drone/Gening Earring ( Genin 700~900k)
                    Merman's Ring / Behemoth Ring
                    Royal Knight's Belt +2
                    Amemite Mantle+1 ( 1,3m ~1.8)

aslo dont forget STR gear , STR gear cost Fortune , depend on race . . . .

---------------------------------

Before the update :

Ranger's ranged attack hits kirin for 120 points of damage.

Ranger's ranged attack hits kirin for 110 points of damage.

After the update: :confused: i'm afraid of....

Ranger's ranged attack hits kirin for 40 points of damage.

miss miss miss

maybe more than 40 >70

let's wait to the update ,
                    and see how the dmg will drop, :sweat:

RNGs can solo, I don't know where you got that one from. They can't solo everything but they can solo worms mainly. If anything they will just add more attack if you are farther away most likely because S-E loves rangers. Everyones food is expensive not just rangers, so that is a pointless argument.

Comment

Originally posted by MAK
                      RNGs can solo, I don't know where you got that one from. They can't solo everything but they can solo worms mainly. If anything they will just add more attack if you are farther away most likely because S-E loves rangers. Everyones food is expensive not just rangers, so that is a pointless argument.

i'm talking solo @75, if you ranger 75 you will know what i'm talking about ,

i'm ranger75 , if you want to solo Easy , not talking aboit DC or T
                      only easy you will Suffer you need to rest after every mob, you can use drain ammo on weak mob's but that's will take huge time,

you need 100% + tp and Barrage ready before you fight , with rng you need fast kill tha's not solo, each hit from from easy 50~90dmg depend on the mob, sleep/Drain can cover that but you will waste huGe time to kill easy if you dont kill him fast,
                      Gun/xbow/bow huge Delay for solo with /nin .

if you Ranger 75 and tried to solo easy then you know what i'm talking about , still ranger cant solo shit.

Correct me if i'm worng
                      NIN75 RNG75

Comment

i'm talking solo @75, if you ranger 75 you will know what i'm talking about ,

i'm ranger75 , if you want to solo Easy , not talking aboit DC or T
                        only easy you will Suffer you need to rest after every mob, you can use drain ammo on weak mob's but that's will take huge time,

you need 100% + tp and Barrage ready before you fight , with rng you need fast kill tha's not solo, each hit from from easy 50~90dmg depend on the mob, sleep/Drain can cover that but you will waste huGe time to kill easy if you dont kill him fast,
                        Gun/xbow/bow huge Delay for solo with /nin .

if you Ranger 75 and tried to solo easy then you know what i'm talking about , still ranger cant solo shit.

Correct me if i'm worng
                        You can Sleep Bolt things to death(that can be slept) and HP drain. Rangers solo phantom worm. RNG is no where near "the best" solo job but you are better then some. You can solo better then a warrior,drk,sam. Anything that a drk can sleep a ranger can sleep with bolts. DRK does have really nice solo abilities if you sub RDM or WHM but a ranger can just avoid damage the entire fight basically, as were the DRK will get hit.

Comment

Originally posted by MAK
                          You can Sleep Bolt things to death(that can be slept) and HP drain. Rangers solo phantom worm. RNG is no where near "the best" solo job but you are better then some. You can solo better then a warrior,drk,sam. Anything that a drk can sleep a ranger can sleep with bolts. DRK does have really nice solo abilities if you sub RDM or WHM but a ranger can just avoid damage the entire fight basically, as were the DRK will get hit.

yup we can use sleep bolt, you will spend [[huge time]] to kill easy
                          with sleep/Drain bolt alone, really huge time and not worth it

ok SAM/NIN can solo better than us

DRK/NIN can solo better than us

WAR/NIN can solo better than us

I don't know where you got that one from {{that we solo better than sam/drk/war}} :confused: :confused: :confused:

anyway that's not the main problem here
                          NIN75 RNG75

Comment

Kidding, right? First, wouldn't it depend on what advisary we were up against? Comparing a crab to a weapon is a big difference.

Also... RNG have lots of utilities with them. You don't need to make the fight long, EES + Barrage + Sidewinder + Icarus Wing + Sidewinder, any "Easy Prey" mobs should be down to less then 50% no doubt, unless you're using Wooden Arrows with a Shortbow...

6RNGs have taken down Amikiri and Tyrannic Tunnok, so start thinking. Not everyone plays the common playstyle.
                            Sony NW-E507 [wishlist]

Comment

yup we can use sleep bolt, you will spend [[huge time]] to kill easy
                              with sleep/Drain bolt alone, really huge time and not worth it

ok SAM/NIN can solo better than us

DRK/NIN can solo better than us

WAR/NIN can solo better than us

I don't know where you got that one from {{that we solo better than sam/drk/war}} :confused: :confused: :confused:

anyway that's not the main problem here
                              DRK/NIN is horrible for solo. I can't speak for SAM/NIN but I'm sure it's just as bad. Blink does not save your ass. DRK/RDM or DRK/WHM will solo a millions times better then a DRK/NIN. How can a SAM/NIN solo better then you? You can both sub NIN and SAMs don't have the best evasion in the world. NIN sub for solo is trash normally unless you are a THF or a RDM.

Comment

Working...
                              X