• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to be a ninja!

all asian kids want to be a ninja! lols

i want to be a pure DD, maybe tank.

should i be pal/war? nin/war?

i know pal have good def for tank, and nin are good tank, just do more damage.

wht's the best DD for melee anyways?

i want the easiest job possible for DD, haha. or tank, either way.

PROTIPS?
    Last edited by Gawainnnnn; 01-13-2009, 05:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Re: Want to be a ninja!

Originally posted by Gawainnnnn View Post
    I guess that means all the Japanese and Chinese are Monks or Samurai lol. j/k

should i be PLD/WAR? NIN/WAR?
    It all depends on you, try both and see how you like them. Just remember NIN has to either quest the Utsusemi (Shadow) scroll or buy it and on most servers its between 200-300k. If you're gonna play as a DD you'll most likely have to level NIN as a subjob to 37 anyways, so use that time to decide if you like it. NIN is a good job, but if you have a low income of gil, it'll be hard to buy the ninjutsu items that you need to use your spells. NIN and PLD are both tank jobs, so it'd be pretty hard to get a party as a DD and not have to tank on them. NIN will most likely also have to solo to 12 instead of 10 since it doesn't get to use Utsusemi to tank until 12.

i know PLD have good def for tank, and NIN are good tank, just do more damage.

Never ask what's the best DD class is in a forum, YOU WILL CAUSE A FORUM WAR!!!! Well maybe not on this board since we all somewhat get along .

All DD jobs have the potential to be the best DD at any time, however they all depend on the Skills of the job, equipped gear, and how well the player uses the job.

the thing is.. i don't thinki really want to get into all the alchemy and crafting stuff.

PROTIPS?
    Not sure if you're talking about crafting items that are useful for jobs or crafting for profit, but most items you'd make with crafting will require a high level of skill in order to mass produce items for a profit or to be used for yourself. What's with this easy job stuff, easier the job, the faster you'll get bored lol.
    Last edited by Durahansolo; 01-13-2009, 05:58 AM.
    {New Sig in the works}
    -----------------------
    "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
    "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
    Originally posted by Solymir
    What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

*Chokes on his Energy drink and the shit comes out of his nose*

Correction: all asian kids at some point are ninjas.

Pure DD and Tank are 2 different things.

You should be what ever you want to be, both are Tanks and both have different roles when you get to lvl 75.

You may not believe this, but PUP is the best Melee Damage dealer in the game. There's a long standing joke "LoLPUP" which was formed from the hatred of all the other Damage Dealers when PUP was released. After seeing a PUP out DD them on a regular basis, The other DD's got together in the Hall of Justice (It's a High level zone at the end of the game, you'll get there, just keep at it!) and created this rumor that all PUP's do horrible Damage. The Dragoon's, Samurai, Warrior's and Ranger's all started to spread this rumor through their LS's and through their adventuring fellow NPC's and also by Chocobo Messanger, and eventually it got so bad that it is rare even to this day to be able to get a party as a Puppetmaster.

Alot of people will respond and say..."There is no one best Damage Dealer!"
      DO NOT BELIEVE THEM. Trust me.

Level warrior up to lvl 30 my good sir, and come back and we'll get you some sound advice
      Last edited by ShepardG; 01-13-2009, 05:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I have to admit that I'm tempted to just tell the OP to go play WoW...

In any case, whatever else you do, you'll need WAR at 37 for it, and remember your need for subjobs. One good path is MNK to 18, WAR to 37, and unlock and play around with the other jobs as you're able...

Comment

WHM is best DD.
          Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
          Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
          Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
          Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
          Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuriko View Post
            I have to admit that I'm tempted to just tell the OP to go play WoW...
            Now that I look at it, didn't the OP have enough information about PLD from this thread http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/pal...-want-pld.html?

Also might want to read this thread http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/pal...me-advice.html
            {New Sig in the works}
            -----------------------
            "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

"Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.

Comment

Originally posted by ShepardG View Post
              *You may not believe this, but PUP is the best Melee Damage dealer in the game. There's a long standing joke "LoLPUP" which was formed from the hatred of all the other Damage Dealers when PUP was released. After seeing a PUP out DD them on a regular basis, The other DD's got together in the Hall of Justice (It's a High level zone at the end of the game, you'll get there, just keep at it!) and created this rumor that all PUP's do horrible Damage. The Dragoon's, Samurai, Warrior's and Ranger's all started to spread this rumor through their LS's and through their adventuring fellow NPC's and also by Chocobo Messanger, and eventually it got so bad that it is rare even to this day to be able to get a party as a Puppetmaster.

Alot of people will respond and say..."There is no one best Damage Dealer!"
              DO NOT BELIEVE THEM. Trust me.

Shameless plugs for any job should be taken with a grain of salt

Everyone thinks the job they love most is the best, they're biased towards it.

I Agree with taking WAR to 30- you'll get a chance to tank briefly in the valkurm dunes xp parties, and you'll move into more of a DD role when you are in your 20s.

PLD is my favorite tank job, hands down. I'd much rather see a PLD in my party than a NIN.

That said, I have an untested theory that a NIN can function as a Tank and a DD simultaneously- basically in involves making use of Ninja's throwing skill and shurikens to do a lot of damage, and therefore help Ninja hold hate. Toss in the added STR and Berserk from a /WAR subjob and also provoke, and my theory (again, untested) is that you'll have one of the best hate-keeping tanks in the game. The problem is that it will involve a shit ton of cash to buy all of the shurikens.

If you want to play a pure DD, there's tons to choose from. I have had great parties with almost every DD job there is- the real key is just knowing the right way to play your job. There is still that stigma for PUPs, but play with a PUP in my LS every now and then and he never disappoints. PUPs can dole out some surprising damage. MNK is a great job for lots of damage dealt over a period of time, while something like RNG (what I play) is great for dealing spike damage. One of the most consistent DDs i've partied with has been DRGs- maybe I've been lucky, but theu put up good numbers and don't seem to have as many accuracy issues as other jobs- this with just average gear. Another popular one is SAM- which isn't the best for big numbers, but if you like to skillchain it's the job for you.

Honestly, your best bet is to try out several different jobs, and choose the one you have the most fun with. All DDs have their niche, and as long as you know what yours is, you can focus on excelling in your area of expertise.
              Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Comment

If you want to play a real DD job, paladin and ninja are not for you. If you want to tank however...
                ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Correction: all asian kids at some point are ninjas.
                  They are also all good with computers, perverts and pedophiles, good at math and generally smarter then the OP.
                  I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Shameless plugs for any job should be taken with a grain of salt
                    See Gawaaninanaina...n!
                    (seriously are you even gonna be able to log in again?? do you know how many "The letter N's" are in your title?)
                    SEE! I told you, this is just the kind of thing someone who frequent's the hall of justice would say!

I've been to this hall of justice...more like hall of busted! They barely even let in PLD's or NIN's (unless the person playing the Ninja is infact, a person of Asian decent in real life) They just walk around all day and smash water melons with axe's and laugh when a PLD get's shit on by a fucking Borer Beetle. Their always after me Lucky charms.

>Insert Pic of a Japanesse school girl drinking from a water fountain for Mhurron<
                    ....I'm still looking for a picture of a japanesse school girl drinking from a water fountain....

I've officially given up. The internet just beat me.

Comment

See Gawaaninanaina...n!
                      (seriously are you even gonna be able to log in again?? do you know how many "The letter N's" are in your title?)
                      He added more N's for extra measure and emphasis.

Damnit Durahan....you beat me.
                      Added this to my Wheaties this morning.

The Noobsauce Hot Sauce Co...Pure Flavored Pwnage Home Page
                      Last edited by Durahansolo; 01-13-2009, 08:06 AM.
                      {New Sig in the works}
                      -----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Susurrus View Post
                        WHM is best DD.
                        Specifically WHM/NIN, from what I hear. I can only aspire to such greatness someday. Hexa Strike FTW!
                        Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
                        99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
                        F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
                        >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

Do you want to be a dd, or a tank? They're not the same thing, ya know.

That's like asking "I want to play War, but I want to main heal, too..."

*raids the ammo depot, then runs into the forum covered in guns and ammo like Rambo.*

*Digs a foxhole and pours concrete around it*

KK, I'm ready for that question!

the thing is.. i don't thinki really want to get into all the alchemy and crafting stuff.
                          What does that have to do with anything?

PROTIPS?
                          Easiest DD?

um... Monk! No, Dark Knight! No, no... Samurai! SCHOLAR!!

Oh, sorry. maybe you meant tank. That would be either Paladin, or Ninja.

Oh, and your (more serious) answer to either question is "None of 'em, if played right"

No matter what job you play, you should pay attention to what's going on in the fight, and very carefully make sure your skills and gear are the best you can manage. Some jobs push more buttons, others have more waiting between actions, but the truth is, none are EASY. Nothing in this game is EASY lol. Unless you're doing it wrong...

(But, at least I didn't complain about your spelling and punctuation. Oops, just did! )

ionia of Cait Sith! 75 RDM, 75 THF
                          Plotting World Domination and doing silly emotes on a server probably not near you!
                          I live to entertain!

Comment

NINs can DD?

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                              NINs can DD?
                              It's like the cake......it's a lie.
                              Originally posted by Feba
                              But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                              Originally posted by Taskmage
                              God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                              Originally posted by DakAttack
                              ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Working...
                              X