I'm Annoyed By /NIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Annoyed By /NIN

Ok I know I am going to get flamed by a lot of NIN lovers for what I am about to say but I honestly dont care, just thought I would say my two cents. 1) I am tired of everything is this game being fricken /NIN I dont want NIN I dont want to go /NIN all the jobs I want. (BLU,DRK,RDM.) all have to be fricken /NIN. (or so I heard) I am sorry but one job cant make you possibly god, there are only two good things that I think /NIN offers that is shadows, and duel wield basides that I dont really see the point in it. I think /NIN is so fricken over used and I am tired of everyone telling me to fricken go /NIN. It might be easier but I want a fricken challenge I dont want to be fricken god. So to all the people that hate me for not liking /NIN go try something else, and if you die because you dont know how to play dont be a wimp and go /NIN just because it makes it safer for you. Ok well I am done venting now. (yell at me come on I know you want to!)
    Name: Bluecat
    Main Jobs:
    SMN14, DRG8, RDM30
    Sub Jobs: BLM13,WHM7,NIN7,SAM2,DRK4
    Linkshell(s): (Owner) RainbowOverHolla

Re: I'm Annoyed By /NIN

You heard wrong. BLU use /NIN for solo, and RDM use /NIN later on for soloing certain things, and DRK uses /NIN for meripo. Most of the time, however, they are using different subjobs.

/NIN is a solo subjob, and a meripo subjob for certain melee. It makes things easier on the entire party, or while solo allows you to take on mobs you couldn't take on otherwise. It's a good thing.

And if someone dies doing something, and then goes to sub /NIN and succeeds, it isn't because they were being a wimp. It's because they realized that, hey, here is a really effective tactic. What kind of moron would pass up a really effective tactic?

Comment

Originally posted by Bluecat View Post
      I am sorry but one job cant make you possibly god, there are only two good things that I think /NIN offers that is shadows, and duel wield basides that I dont really see the point in it.
      Yeah you pretty much nailed it right there.

Comment

So, cue a bunch of people coming in to abloo bloo bloo about NIN. It's a reality of the game, people. Just deal with it.

Just because it's a popular subjob, doesn't mean it makes people think they are god. Stop abusing hyperbole.

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
          So, cue a bunch of people coming in to abloo bloo bloo about NIN. It's a reality of the game, people. Just deal with it.

Just because it's a popular subjob, doesn't mean it makes people think they are god. Stop abusing hyperbole.
          I'm not I am running around WG looking for a party a few peopl examine me and go hey why are you not /NIN for? Then I ask advice to my LSs they say go /NIN on RDM. Then other friends, say go /NIN I am tired of hearing about /NIN. There are other good SJ that can be used with RDM or any other job basides /NIN. All the people on my server ever talk about is fricken how great /NIN is, thats all I ever hear out of anyones mouth. Its making me start to dislike FFXI because I dont want to have to use it, even if for soling reasons.

I also played FFXI 5 years ago, and I was a NIN and I hated the job so fricken much I only did it because of my THF at the time, I dont want to have to level the damn thing. I still don't see, and people still wont fricken tell me what is so great about /NIN

Also, if its popular, then why aren't you doing the popular things that people do these days? Why didnt you do what the popular kids at school did? Just because its popular doesn't make it the only useful SJ. It also doesn't mean it is good for eveything. I don't like following the crowed, never have and I wont start by going /NIN either.
          Name: Bluecat
          Main Jobs:
          SMN14, DRG8, RDM30
          Sub Jobs: BLM13,WHM7,NIN7,SAM2,DRK4
          Linkshell(s): (Owner) RainbowOverHolla

Comment

I have to agree.... there is an over dependence on /NIN if they would introduce another job with dual wield it would stop atleast half of the people.

And alot of those so called "tactics" are really sad..... I hate all the "hey lets just nuke it to death with 6 BLM or SMN" thats not a tactic -.-
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

I'm not I am running around WG looking for a party a few peopl examine me and go hey why are you not /NIN for?
              It's none of their business.

Then I ask advice to my LSs they say go /NIN on RDM.
              Your LS is full of morons.

Then other friends, say go /NIN I am tired of hearing about /NIN.
              Your friends are morons.

There are other good SJ that can be used with RDM
              RDM can make use of many different subjobs. Most of your leveling life, those subjobs will be WHM or BLM. Anyone telling you to sub NIN in an exp party is a moron.

All the people on my server ever talk about is fricken how great /NIN is, thats all I ever hear out of anyones mouth.
              It's an incredibly useful subjob. That's just a reality of the game.

Its making me start to dislike FFXI because I dont want to have to use it, even if for soling reasons.
              If you want to intentionally limit yourself because you don't like a particular job, that's your perogative, but it's a pretty dumb thing to do.

I also played FFXI 5 years ago, and I was a NIN and I hated the job so fricken much I only did it because of my THF at the time, I dont want to have to level the damn thing. I still don't see, and people still wont fricken tell me what is so great about /NIN
              /NIN is incredibly useful for some jobs, becuase it enables them to take on mobs they couldn't take on without it due to Utsusemi. Dual Wield is another benefit, but it's not that fantastic. The shadows are really what it's all about.

Also, if its popular, then why aren't you doing the popular things that people do these days? Why didnt you do what the popular kids at school did?
              Do you know how stupid this sounds?

Just because its popular doesn't make it the only useful SJ.
              No, it doesn't. But you have it wrong anyway. It's popular because it's useful. It's not just popular because a bunch of people decided that /NIN was what the cool kids would be doing.

It also doesn't mean it is good for eveything.
              No one ever said it did.

I don't like following the crowed, never have and I wont start by going /NIN either.
              Whatever makes you happy, champ.

Every couple of months, this big debate about /NIN starts up. We can go through all of that, again, some more, or people can just accept that it's a part of the game and move on.

Comment

Also, if its popular, then why aren't you doing the popular things that people do these days?
                if it's popular to save a lot of money by doing something that requires virtually zero effort, would you not do it just because it's popular?

Comment

Bluecat

I bitched about this myself a few months ago - but I've come to realize that there are a whole bunch of folks who play FFXi who hold efficiency as THE bottom line to everything. Abolute Efficiency.

With that perspective in mind it becomes a lot clearer why /NIN is so popular. It's efficient for some things (less hits taken means fewer cures means more MP for nukages/buffs/debuffs etc) and in terms of Soloing - especially RDM - /NIN rocks - I've seen vids and screencaps of RDM's soloing HNM's that parties still wipe on. How? /NIN.

Depressing but true - I say depressing, not because I don't like NIN (FTR I don't, but I don't like most melee jobs), but because its so freakin expensive!!!!! But after seeing it in action, I realized its inevitable....

Oh and for some BCNM's if you don't have it you may not make it (those dang crabs come to mind), cuz RDM/NIN dual wield with daggers and en~ spell is one of the best DD's for that particular fight - believe me, I know.
                  sigpic

(\ /)
                  ( . . )
                  C(")(")
                  ...Somebunny loves you....

...That's "Little Washu", Bub....

Comment

You can sub whatever you want... if you play solo.

You can still sub whatever you want in party play, if you're willing to deal with the impact it makes to your LFG time.

If you want to play half court basketball, but everyone else wants to play full court, well guess what? Complaining on a basketball forum isn't going to change any of it.
                    Lyonheart
                    lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                    Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                    Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                    Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                    Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                    Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                    Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Honestly, if I'm WAR, I'm usually /NIN in a PT ... the same goes for THF. It lets me pull more safely, and take hate from SA or voke a mob off and give the tank a bit of a break with no harm done. BLU could use /NIN, but I'd rather go /THF for SA, though I have things to learn about that. If I ever get a melee up into the meripo range, I know I can expect to need /NIN (or possibly /SAM for Seigan / 3rd eye) for everything, and there, it makes perfect sense...

Comment

You'll want /nin for your Blue Mage at higher levels anyway.
                        Same goes with Drk once you party with Dark Knight's around level 65 ish that are putting out good damage.

Red Mage, you will want Ninja at level 75 (only*) for soloing certain NM's.

*It's also usuable at low levels since you'll be able to use two wands with great stat bonuses, will only cost you about 20 mp around level 20.

Your highest job is umm... Warrior level 25? I understand it can frustrate you to feel like you will have to be /ninja for everything. You need to know though, there's many experience you have yet to take playing this game, and you definetely don't want to start out with a genuine hate for Ninja subjob without much valid reasons.

You will want it at some point. Unless you don't care about your performance on certain things. (Where the issue rises that other people do care.)

Oh and Murphie, be careful on the name calling.
                        http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=953347

War75 Thf75 Pld75 Sam75 Mnk75 Rdm75 Nin75 Bard 75

Comment

I'm calling people not even posting here on this forum morons. Because they are. I'm not going to be careful on that. Stop being ridiculous.

Comment

No need to make a drama out of it again.

Also, I said that as a regular poster not as a Moderator or so.
                            Closing that issue now for me personally.
                            Last edited by Kittyneko; 05-01-2008, 11:25 PM.
                            http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=953347

War75 Thf75 Pld75 Sam75 Mnk75 Rdm75 Nin75 Bard 75

Comment

How can you make a drama out of something again when it wasn't a drama in the first place?
                              Last edited by Murphie; 05-01-2008, 10:02 PM. Reason: and how do you close an issue when you weren't saying it in an "official" capacity?

Comment

Working...
                              X