This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Capping Parry Suggestion...

Albeit my RDM is 26 and I could essentially get it to lv 37 to do this, I've decided to take up BLU instead since they get Metallic Body and what not so much earlier (I read one of the skills gives+50% defense bonus, why not eh?). My parrying is still in the late 100's so it will be a while to cap this out, but I do have all the right gear to get the job done, first things first tho... getting DRK to 75 (finally some good CHEAP gear is out... thank god).

Oh yeah, forgot to mention: NIN gets a lot more -% dmg taken gear, so keep that in mind

He capped out at 30%, remember we get Arhat's gi & Arhat's jinpachi for 10% alone (15% HQ even), we can total out at -40% w/o D.Ring even. Fortunately for me, I know BRDs who seem to think Heart Snatcher is worth unlocking, so I go voke stuff while they WS :p making sure they keep Paeon on me.
    [無謀な火] RecklessFire
    Endgame Linkshell
    Ninja Lv. 75, Dark Knight Lv. 75, Corsair Lv. 27
    Merits: Sword Lv.1, Evasion Lv.4, Crit% Lv.4

Comment

I've decided to take up BLU instead since they get Metallic Body and what not so much earlier (I read one of the skills gives+50% defense bonus, why not eh?)
      That's Cocoon, dooder. Metallic Body is Stoneskin. (Lame Stoneskin, at that. Unless you're like level 75.)

I know all the mob moves (Minus Sea mobs) from Beastmaster. I should go BLU, I'd probably be good at it! XD

Comment

The key in this method for skilling up parry is NOT -% damage taken gear. Even with -50% damage taken in gear you will still get hit for damage. The only way to make sure that their normal attacks deal 0 damage is with a high Enhancing Magic Skill and Phalanx. I forget the exact numbers but basically...

Mob hits for 43 damage > Reduced to 30 damage (-30% damage) > Reduced to 0 (Phalanx)

I believe Phalanx is a set damage reduction of about 30 damage per hit but I forget the exact numbers.

Comment

Phalanx is based off enhancing skill, but ya...caps around 20-30 as 75RDM. RDM parry skill only caps at 200 too.

Gods and pop mobs like Zipacna and Faust give great skill ups, and with all the time you'll spend there...

Comment

Working...
          X