This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Refresh for Ninja

o.o I ALWAYS thought Utsusemi: Ni gives 6 shadows.. Wow. Now I feel less like leveling Ninja. ~.~ Ow well..
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=953347

War75 Thf75 Pld75 Sam75 Mnk75 Rdm75 Nin75 Bard 75

Comment

Yeah, that'd be every NIN/WAR, THF/NIN, and WAR/NIN's dream Well, at least it's a quick cast, right?

Comment

6 shadows? wow. picture all the pld falling to their knees if that ever happened.
        Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
        ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Well I suddenly have a lot more respect for Ninja tanks.. It's still hard with both Utsusemi's. o.o

For what spells (for example) does Ninjutsu skill really matter?
          http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=953347

War75 Thf75 Pld75 Sam75 Mnk75 Rdm75 Nin75 Bard 75

Comment

ninjutsu skill affects your interruption rate and the amount of shadows taken away from aoe in regards to utsusemi.

for other ninjutsu such as katon or kurayami, it affects resist rates.

Comment

With WHM subbed at 75, I can get 185hp max out of my stoneskin. Keep in mind I put on errant legs & body & a few other MND pieces. I don't think ninja has access to that much MND

Comment

Is that with an Osode?

Can you post the exact amount you have @ 75 and how much you gain with the stoneskin macro equipment?
                75BLM/41RDM WHM37 61NIN/WAR37 MNK10 THF8
                Bastok: 10 Windurst: 7-1
                ZM: DONE CoP 8-1 ToAU8
                Goldsmithing: 48.7+1 Clothcraft: 83.0+1
                http://akujin.defaultalias.com

Comment

BRADYGAMES informs me that ninjas can use energy steal/energy drain. >.>

nin/whm or nin/rdm with dagger main hand, katana offhand. Now C+ rank is kinda crappy, but for anything you'd wanna solo, it's good enough. depending on how much you actually need mp, you could flip to dagger every 2nd or every 3rd WS and mainhand katana for damaging WS the rest of the time. meh, just an idear.
                  "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

I believe the creature needs to have MP for those skills to work.

Comment

True, but that includes some things that don't cast spells themselves, such as crabs, beetles, uragnites, all weapons (some weapons cast spells and some don't, but all have stealable mp), as well as beastman/demon/Ahriman mages and elementals.

There's also pineapple and other juices, if those haven't been mentioned already. By bringing stackable ingredients and synthing the juices in the field, you can carry quite a large supply.

You could also set your NPC to healer - they rest when you do which roughly doubles your total rest effectiveness per time spent. NPC duration is limited, though.

On reflection, it seems likely that any post asking for a buff to ninja, of all jobs, is probably a joke to begin with, but if not, there are some suggestions that might be useful on this thread.
                      Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
                      RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
                      All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

ninja dont need any mp refresh. we can solo most things fine an dandy as long as we have utes up, an our debuffs sticking. if anything making AoE not go thru shadows, or take all shadows away would be better for nin in the solo department. an look at what makes a thf able to solo. no its not the /nin. its the fact that they can use blood bolts to easily restore their hp. makes them such a deadly soloer, thats why i think nin need something like this to aid us. make us are own hp drain shuriken, are let us with our C+ marksmenship use a crossbow with bloody bolts,

if you ask me i dont think a drk would be the best for soloing at all. with such poor def bad eva, an crappy parrying skill. youd spend alot of time healing up your mana pool. i remember when i used my 61 drk to skill up weapons for other jobs. i wasnt going thru to many mobs before i had to heal.

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalisAkujin
                          Is that with an Osode?

Can you post the exact amount you have @ 75 and how much you gain with the stoneskin macro equipment?
                          I'm not really sure... I suppose I could goto faffy or something. But anyway, I don't have any more BRD gear. It wasn't with an osode, I had errant body (+10mnd) and errant legs (+7mnd). I also would equip my apollo's staff (+2) & I have my opo crown equiped(+1) So +20mnd.
                          I would just roughly compare between battles, but I don't have any concrete data.

Try this, it might help some.
                          http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/pri...5&page=1&pp=10

Maybe sure you use the enhancing skill of a Lv37whm(or rdm).

Comment

DRK soloing is best limited to things you can aspir (or at least a mix with some aspirable stuff in it), then you don't have to rest. Need HP? Drain it. Need MP? Aspir it. Any other time? Just kill stuff. They're not the best soloers in the world, but pretty good with the right gear (hint: not the stuff you use in PT. +acc in particular is crap for solo, anything you are seriously considering soloing you should not have any trouble hitting with +0 acc.)
                            Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
                            RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
                            All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

Wow. I didn't know Ninjutsu Skill helped affect your interrupt % on Utsu. :-) Interesting..

I guess RDM sub seems "ok" to me on NIN for end game soro. How do -real- 75 NIN do it? Do they sub THF ever? w

I know as a 75 RDM, I focus on -DMG% and Evasion for soroing. And as soon as I get a Genbu shield........ /cry

[b]

Goodbye everyone.

Comment

thf sub does give nice evasion bonus traits. especially the one at 30, but however, you will lack attack power and might make your solo time even longer. imo, the longer a nin is taking to solo a mob, the more danger he/she is in. unless it is a mob that does not have any -ga spells or para/petri effects.

Comment

Working...
                                X