This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lv.12 NIN & Utsusemi

My NIN is Lv.12, I have and "ate" the Utsusemi scroll. I need to get to work leveling NIN, but my Ninjitsu Skill is a big whop'n 0! How do I go about leveling this?

Do I just jump into a party, make sure I have partner to help me tank? Or do I do a bunch of soloing to level it up?

I know some people used the Lv.9 Ninjitsu to level it up, but I got that scroll at the same time I got Utsusemi, so it did me no good.

I really only need to level NIN to Lv.25, but I'm not going to half ass it. So any help here would be greatly appreciated.
    Odude
    PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
    RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
    SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Re: Lv.12 NIN & Utsusemi

normally I carry a lot of the ice powder because it's the cheapest and I use it whenever the spell's recharged. If you have multiple elemental spells, spam them in exp pt should be enough for the most cases. Just make sure you don't get carry away and forget your blink/provoke. I think at level 12 you don't get any debuff yet right?
    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Yeah, the next line of scrolls are at Lv.15. All the ones you get in Tenshodo for the exact same price. 1475g or something like that. Been so long since I've been in there.
      Odude

SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

Yeah, those are the fastest way to skill ninjitsu, once you hit 15, spam that stuff like mad, cheapest skill you can get, and at least it can be skilled faster than enhancing and summoning magic. Plus we can do it against mobs for force skill or solo for boredom.

Comment

truthfully, you won't notice the lack of skill very much when you are 12. like Jei said though, just spam the tsurara along with your utsusemi.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

You should try to get a tanking partner anyways. Prior to obtaining the Ni spells Ninja doesn't have quite as many tools for generating hate, and having a backup tank like Warrior who can also do good damage can help ensure safety for the rest of the party. Another positive to having two tanks is you use up slightly less shihei.

Avatar picture obtained from NamcoXCapcom Subarashiki Shin Sekai Community http://www.livejournal.com/community/namcoxcapcom/

Comment

Ichi stuff is pretty useless in xp though, even the slow and blind, etc.... While it's decent if it stick, casting times screws me up more then I want especially when you need to get another ustusemi: ichi in.

And especially these days with more and more stuff eating multi shadows like gobbie rush, it's hard to get a break anymore.

I stopped using ichi stuff even having the tools around, just because attacking produces better efficiency.

Comment

I helped a LS member tank through Valkrum at Lv.15-20. His NIN/WAR and my WAR/MNK. But at Lv.15, he already had a near cap Ninjitsu level. He actually used the Lv.9 scroll and used that to do most of his skill ups. As soon as his last shadow would disappear, I'd Provoke. He'd cast and Provoke back. We made a great tanking team. So I guess I just need to find somebody to do the same thing with me then.

Thanks for all the advice!
                Odude

Comment

Originally posted by kuu
                  Ichi stuff is pretty useless in xp though, even the slow and blind, etc.... While it's decent if it stick, casting times screws me up more then I want especially when you need to get another ustusemi: ichi in.
                  I agree that it takes too long. I find a good way to cast one of the ichi though is when the mob is being pulled in.

Comment

Still, Ichi enfeebles are canceled by WHM/RDM/BLM enfeebs right? So besides blind at the beginning for hate, i cant see myself investing in any other tools..i seriously cant. Its just too useless IMO besides Utsusemi, Tonko, Hyoton, and Kurayami. The rest suck.

I wouldnt sugguest lvling Ninjutsu up on Tonko...depending on your server its pretty expensive...but yeah i never used to lvl that up with Tonko, i just waited like the rest with Hyoton. At 2-3K a stack who WOULDNT skill up when they get it?

Comment

Originally posted by lionx
                      Still, Ichi enfeebles are canceled by WHM/RDM/BLM enfeebs right? So besides blind at the beginning for hate, i cant see myself investing in any other tools..i seriously cant. Its just too useless IMO besides Utsusemi, Tonko, Hyoton, and Kurayami. The rest suck.
                      Jubaku : Ichi = Paralyze. They won't overwrite each other.

Hojo : Ichi = Slow. They also won't overwrite each other.

Kurayami : Ichi = Blind. Again, won't overwrite each other.

Hojo : Ni and Kurayami : Ni overwrite Slow and Blind, respectively.

Generally speaking, Hojo : Ichi and Kurayami : Ichi are mostly useful for the times when you have incompetent mages who don't know that Slow and Blind are useful spells and worth (re)casting.

Icemage

Comment

Actually I believe Ninjutsu enfeebles take precendence over magic enfeebles. I learned that from trying to cast Paralyze as White Mage with a Ninja Tank. I just used up 6 MP and 3-4 seconds of casting time for no reason because the Ninja already Paralyzed the mob. Oops. 0_o;

Skilling up Ninjutsu early on can be of benefit. I once partied as Ninja with a LS member who was also leveling Ninja around level 25 or 26. I'm Mithra, she was Tarutaru, my Ninjutsu was about 25 levels under cap but hers was capped. Unless she took a hit while her shadows were down, or I provoked she would hold hate over me. She was doing a little bit of Elemental Ninjutsu spamming and it was actually doing more damage than I was doing when I tossed my Wingedge boomerang. This was against Mandragoras in Yuhtunga Jungle. My Throwing was capped at that level, I capped it while farming as Thief.
                        Last edited by Muu Yi; 08-12-2005, 08:16 AM. Reason: Added my throwing skill

Avatar picture obtained from NamcoXCapcom Subarashiki Shin Sekai Community http://www.livejournal.com/community/namcoxcapcom/

Comment

the jubaku didn't take precedence over your paralyze. it's just that the mob can only have one paralyze effect on at one time. he got it first so your's had no effect. reverse it next time and he'll be the one getting no effect.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Has anyone found out if Ninjitsu kicks in more often? As in Blindand Paralyze?

Comment

It is Ninjutsu by the way, Ninjitsu I believe is a Martial Art... I don't think Ninjutsu skill really affects your chances of succesfully enfeebling a mob. I strongly believe that Int can make a difference however. It has been proven that more Int will add some extra damage to elmental Ninjutsu so it is likely to also affect Enfeebling. My LS mate and I both had pretty similar Int when we were dual-tanking, although she was a bit higher due to being Tarutaru whereas I'm Mithra. We both landed enfeebles without a hitch even though my Ninjutsu skill was well below hers.

Comment

Working...
                              X