This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another "which body" question.

Starting to plan my next job... and just looking for feedback on haubergeon/+1 in exp pts, at lower lvls. Would be setting with a BRD, and elegy comes into play at the exact lvl haubergeon is usable... kinda got me thinking. I have pretty much never seen a lower lvl ninja using haub, just at higher lvl. How detrimental would that evade-20 be?

-20 evasion is pretty bad. if you can afford it, i say try it out and if you don't like it, you can always sell it back. i wouldn't recommend using a haubergeon and tanking at the same time though. i'd rather use ninja chainmail or scorpion harness.
    Dtec
    75Ninja
    37Warrior

Comment

id have to agree with dtec.

if you go with haubie, im sure youll be using other atk/acc items as well. meaning less evasion items.
      i was at ro`meave the other night and the first fight i tried using haubie and other atk items and the mob didnt miss me once. considering how often weapons double atk and do aoe, it wasnt pretty.

however, i was in bibiki the next night... dhamels and goblins were VT, low IT. had fenrirs ecliptic howl and everything was wonderful. non-stop chain 5s on everything in the zone. doing a combined dmg ranging from 80-120 and blade jins topping out at 700~. i didnt have kote, bomb core, or str rings on either and was using squid sushi.

i still like my ninja chainmail. has anyone tried stacking dual wield enhancements from ninja chainmail, supponamimi and koga hakama? that must be crazy O.o
      Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
      ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

As I've said before, I've tanked on WAR using Haubergeon in the 60's with a BRD and hardly ever got hit with only Utsusemi:Ichi. Carnage Elegy is one powerful mother fuckah.

If there's a BRD in the PT post-59 that lands Elegy at the start of the fight, I really don't see a point in evasion.
        JohNNY

Comment

Hm, use both Ninja Chainmail and Haubeurgeon (and Scorp Harness?), switch to Haubeurgeon for WS' and stuff D;/
          Sony NW-E507 [wishlist]

Comment

Use Scorpion Harness and switch to Haubergeon for Weapon Skill, that's what I did and it worked great. If you really don't want to do that just get a Byrnie and settle for the middle-ground.
            【MNK 75 - WAR 75 - NIN 75 - BRD 75 - WHM 75】

Comment

-20 evasions is horrible. When made the switch from o. kotes to arhat kotes at I think level 63, I noticed a huge improvement in my evasion rate. O. kotes is like -5 evasion.

Originally posted by ZQM
              As I've said before, I've tanked on WAR using Haubergeon in the 60's with a BRD and hardly ever got hit with only Utsusemi:Ichi. Carnage Elegy is one powerful mother fuckah.

If there's a BRD in the PT post-59 that lands Elegy at the start of the fight, I really don't see a point in evasion.
              Was this tanking a mob for 30 seconds or tanking mobs chain after chain?

Comment

If its lower level mobs ie low-medium VT then a hauber even at those levels is fine.

It certainly sharpens you up a bit :-]
                55% Skill
                35% Equipment
                10% Race

White Mage - 75 - Completed
                Ninja - 75 - Completed
                Summoner - 75 - Completed
                My Livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by Enoki1
                  Was this tanking a mob for 30 seconds or tanking mobs chain after chain?
                  I was main tank for my pseudo-static (3 other members, picked up 2) from ~65 to 75. The only mobs that ever gave me trouble was Bones (This was before Utsusemi nerf, but trying to keep hate in a MNK PT against bones makes me cry. Two RNG PT against flies has nothing on two MNK PT against Bones), rest of the time Elegy was enough to only get hit 1-2 times a fight at most.
                  JohNNY

Comment

rest of the time Elegy was enough to only get hit 1-2 times a fight at most.
                    lol, you must have a super bard. tanking darters in B tree @66 with brd that landed Elegy all the time, almost never missed. which is the confusing point, people are praising all these ATT ninja's, but most of the upper lvl mobs attack so fast and double attack alot that I can't see how these guys keep blink up. I've seen a crawler chew through 7 shadows rather quickly. And thats a bad thing when you're getting smacked for 150+. I say people who don't believe in EVA tanks need to reevaluate thier mindset. I tanked numerous times w/o brd and have evaded numerous attacks in a row. Don't think that is possible with out my evasion build. Just my opinion.
                    www.livejournal.com/users/ivadelll

Comment

lol, you must have a super bard. tanking darters in B tree @66 with brd that landed Elegy all the time, almost never missed. which is the confusing point, people are praising all these ATT ninja's, but most of the upper lvl mobs attack so fast and double attack alot that I can't see how these guys keep blink up.
                      Basically best gear possible (Terra staff, almost max Chr, ect.) and actually understood the importance of Elegy (If Carnage was resisted, he did Battefield then did Carnage once timer was up).

Stuns and Flashes when those jobs are in the party also help a lot, along with Lullaby when shit hits the fan. And I don't see the problem in getting hit, it's not like getting hit a couple times a fight will kill you, but raising your damage up will bring in higher EXP per hour since you kill faster. Even tanking Spiders, Sickle Slash never killed me as a WAR even with Berserk up.
                      JohNNY

Comment

Originally posted by Ivadell
                        lol, you must have a super bard. tanking darters in B tree @66 with brd that landed Elegy all the time, almost never missed. which is the confusing point, people are praising all these ATT ninja's, but most of the upper lvl mobs attack so fast and double attack alot that I can't see how these guys keep blink up. I've seen a crawler chew through 7 shadows rather quickly. And thats a bad thing when you're getting smacked for 150+. I say people who don't believe in EVA tanks need to reevaluate thier mindset. I tanked numerous times w/o brd and have evaded numerous attacks in a row. Don't think that is possible with out my evasion build. Just my opinion.
                        you are partially correct. when youre fighting mobs that are prime or even a little higher than your lvl, atk gear isnt the best idea since the mob wont miss you at all. if youre fighting mobs that are VT and IT-, atk gear works out wonderful. youll still be able to evade enough to keep shadows up and doing nice dmg at the same time. im sure as you might know, mobs start to con a little bit low after 72-73 in some areas and definately on the low end at 74-75. this is where the benefit from 50+ evasion starts to become marginal. swapping out some eva gear for atk gear will boost ur kill time at little to no loss to your tanking ability. :spin:

Comment

i had a warrior friend that tanked around 65-70 wearing a haub. he had a bard and rdm static and they'd both haste him and slow the mob with whatever they do and he'd tank it fine.

Comment

I'm at the point where I'm considering getting rid of my SH now and wondering whether to go the Haub/Byrnie route. I can see how wearing pure attack gear speeds up kills in Sky and Moon on VT weapons but it just screams against everything I have experienced so far. And buying a haub, kote, dusk legs, etc is a huge investment for an experiment.

Additionally, I'm seeing a few people going down the Yasha samue and tekko route paired with parry torque. I can see how this might work also for HNM tanking as they rarely miss anyway.

Any suggestions or comments?

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzlebeard

I can see how this might work also for HNM tanking as they rarely miss anyway.

Any suggestions or comments?
                              full evasion+agi+double march and mambo and they will be missing you a LOT.

Comment

Working...
                              X