Yay for MNK DEF!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay for MNK DEF!

>_>a Fortunately I didn't take that many hits during that assault. First assault I did on MNK too, usually I'm on SMN.
    Generic Info!

Re: Yay for MNK DEF!

LOL!!! I am at 33 def after berserk and counterstance. but I am 61 mnk too. and you have the legs that enhence counterstance effect too. Att is awsome though.
    Do what you like, like what you do, but don't hate.

Which FF Character Are You?

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?152160

Comment

Got 27 at 48, I want less! >.< Dont get why when I use counterstance the mobs only hit me for about 20 extra dmg when I loose about 150def.

Edit: Are you mithra? Not def related, just hoping for that HP
      Last edited by Aeolus; 08-04-2006, 10:26 AM.
      75 Mnk Sam | 70 Drk | 40 Blm | 37 Nin Rng Thf War
      Woodworking 91.9+2
      ZM:Complete CoP:Complete ToAU:27

Comment

Can't see the pic because of Websense ; ;

In response to the subsequent posts: for what it's worth (and I don't know if this is already known), Counterstance nullifies all native defense, meaning that your VIT and your Defense Bonus traits don't count toward your defense, but your gear does. Presumably your food does, too, but its effect may be diminished if it increases your defense by a percentage.

That means that even a 75 Hume MNK/WAR is only giving up ~45 DEF with Counterstance. 71 VIT ~= 35 DEF, and another 10 (I think) DEF from the lv20 Defense Bonus JT.
        Dryhus, Elvaan male | Bismarck | San d'Oria 6 | Windurst 5
        62RDM/60MNK/40BLM/37RNG/31WAR/24WHM/20NIN/19BRD/...
        Woodworking 94.7+2 | Bonecraft 53 | Cooking 42 | Fishing 29
        Smithing 29 | Alchemy 27 | Goldsmithing 21

Bismarck Crafting Services
        My Skillcap Chart, printable on 8.5"x11"

Comment

From what I understand, Counterstance removes all Defense Mods. (Gear, Spells, Defense Bonuses, etc) and makes your defense half your VIT
          In the moonlight, your face it glows.. like a thousand diamonds, I suppose.
          And your hair flows like.. The ocean breeze...
          Not a million fights could make me hate you, you’re invincible.
          Yeah, It’s true.
          It’s in your eyes, where I find peace.

[I love you, Rebecca :D!]

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy
            From what I understand, Counterstance removes all Defense Mods. (Gear, Spells, Defense Bonuses, etc) and makes your defense half your VIT
            If that were the case, then adding or removing gear wouldn't affect your Defense, which it does.

Comment

Actually, Tipsy is mostly right. Gear doesn't effect DEF values while counterstance is on, either positive or negative. (Snipers don't lower your DEF by 10 with counterstance on.) However, it seems monster debuffs and JA's like berserk/defender (and possibly food, I've never tried) will effect your DEF.

In the screenshot, I had dia II, troll DEF down move (seems to half DEF), berserk, and counterstance on.

The AF2 legs don't enhance counterstance, but the boots do. I happen to have the AF2 boots also, and I macro them into counterstance. Although, the theory is that they only have an enhanced effect while you wear the AF2. And the enhanced effect isn't even really known. Some people say increased counter rate, other people that test it say that it lowers enemy TP gain rate while countering. (They get a certain amount of TP every time you counter attack.) In any event, the enhanced counterstance doesn't effect your DEF.

Aeolus: Yep, mithra. I can get higher HP values than that. I'll go see what my max is after I log on in a couple minutes.
              Generic Info!

Comment

Hmm...I seem to recall having Counterstance on and playing with gear and having it affect my DEF. Or maybe I was playing with VIT gear. Or perhaps I've got it backward and I found that only natural defense (VIT, etc.) was left untouched and that gear and food were nullified.

Comment

I just used whatever gear I had available to me for HP. I didn't mule or anything, since that tends to take me forever (lag boots me out of inbox/outbox). I reached 1817 HP, well over double my SMN's usual HP.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...20Stuff/HP.jpg - If you're curious. Should give you an idea of what gear I was using.

Edit: Oh, I guess I could have gotten a bit more HP on the head piece by using opo-opo crown, but I still had my food on from assault last night and I don't have a pamamammama on me.

It's natural DEF only. So playing with VIT would effect your DEF, at least for every even point of VIT it would.
                  Generic Info!

Comment

Working...
                  X