This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STR vs ATTACK

I'm currently leveling a Taru MNK and I just hit 33, I was wondering what I shoud stack up more on Attack or STR? or should I try to balance it as much as possible? I just bought full Taru RSE which gives a nice STR and HP boost, but at the same time I also bought a Republic Subligar and Federation Kyahan. Should I mix it up and wear the RSE body piece and shoes, while also wearing the Republic Subligar which is Attack+5 (which looks ugly as hell... lol). Or should I stick with full RSE, which looks better, but the Wonder Braccae on gives a STR+1 boost?
    Windurst Rank 8
    WHM 71
    SMN 51
    MNK 58
    WAR 55
    THF 55
    BLM 36

Present/Past LS:
    CelestialNework/Aria/CrystalSpectrum/CrystalShards/RavenChild/Lemonade

Re: STR vs ATTACK

I'm not really sure when it's best to start working on attack, especially for a tarutaru. You might want to try wearing whatever you like (let's go with full RSE), and if you notice you're hitting low fairly often, but sometimes you have non-critical hits doing twice as much as your low hits, you might want to start adding in ATK gear.

STR raises your maximum damage potential, while ATK raises your average damage. (At least that's the simplified version of STRvsATK that I learned.)

So high STR/low ATK on a MNK will do things like 5 to 55 damage hits.
    And low STR/high ATK would do something like 25 to 30 damage hits.
    (Obviously made up numbers, but it gives you an idea.)
    Generic Info!

Comment

I think I get it... thanks for helping me
      Windurst Rank 8
      WHM 71
      SMN 51
      MNK 58
      WAR 55
      THF 55
      BLM 36

Present/Past LS:

Comment

Basically, a balance of STR and ATK is needed. If you use meat as food, you'll probably be fairly fine with attack and not have to go out of your way much. But if you eat sushi, you'll have to do things like wear the windurst +ATK shoes and the +ATK subligar (that thing will last you until the 70s, at least, although nobody will complain if you switch to something else).

This probably doesn't need to be said, but +attack earrings are really nice. Not like you can wear much there anyway. If you use sushi, you might want to use an ochiduo's kote if you can afford it. But if the price is anything the same as it was when I last checked it...I certainly wouldn't expect it.
        Generic Info!

Comment

Well right now Im wearing full af armor and brown belt and 2 sun rings I have pretty good damage but I miss alot without using sole sushi. So acc is also important when you hit them higher lvls

Comment

I don't have to worry really about ACC+ because I have a charm, and I have Okotes already for 34 and I use Meat Mithkabobs so I guess attack+ won't be a problem in like a level or so... so then if thats the case I should be wearing Taru RSE?
            Windurst Rank 8
            WHM 71
            SMN 51
            MNK 58
            WAR 55
            THF 55
            BLM 36

Present/Past LS:

Comment

For the lower levels, Rice Dumplings work nice until you get to the point where you really need sushi. Among other things it gives you:

* HP +17
              * Strength +3
              * Vitality +2
              * Attack +20% (Cap: 45@225 Base Attack)
              * Ranged Attack +30% (Cap: 45@150 Base Ranged Attack)
              * Accuracy +5

So you get about the same accuracy boost that sushi would give you at a low level, if not more, without sacrificing attack. Probably more accuracy actually. It's good food and at lvl 33 I'm easily gaining TP and hitting for about 25-30 dmg average for each fist on IT. Critting at about 50-60. Sushi probably becomes better for accuracy at around low to mid 40s.

Double Post Edited:
              Originally posted by jcp3alex
              I don't have to worry really about ACC+ because I have a charm, and I have Okotes already for 34 and I use Meat Mithkabobs so I guess attack+ won't be a problem in like a level or so... so then if thats the case I should be wearing Taru RSE?
              If you're good on acuracy and attack then boost your str. Kote is pretty godly as far as attack goes. You're missing out on 4 atk with kyahan and that can easily be replaced with atk food. 20 atk vs 24 atk when you're eating atk food isn't a big deal. And I'd go with the rice dumplings to push yourself higher if I were you.
              Last edited by nanatsu; 03-31-2006, 08:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              My Signature. Now with 50% more processed ham product than those other leading signatures.

Which FF Character Are You?
              Originally posted by Balfree
              Why does every discussion have to be a little festivity of sorts, with purple doom rain and lunatic frogs singing the yodelay on top of mushrooms and little babies being eaten by crazy flying cows and green gas explosions on the horizon and screaming goats?

Comment

Working...
              X