Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was told Monks become desirable at 60+, and yet its not true so far.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Judging from:

    We had a pretty crappy renkei of Howlig Fist > SSaido for some BS effect, so (name-of-blm) said fuck the noise and was MBing Flood off of it, and had no hesitation in just randomly throwing Flare at it, because he knew it would be dead before it got back to him from me, or our MNK.
    Fuck was the 2nd wave of the party good. We were 6 chaining (...!) routinely, and even with one death and R1, my total gain was around 20K, which is awesome.
    and:

    Set is..orz already.
    I guess I'd know who the DRG is ... I mean RNG ... what are the names of everyone else (just curious )?

    Comment


    • #32
      I still have some integrity Deoderant! :sweat:

      I'd like to "out" the asshole scumbag BRD but even now I'll refrain, unless his ass shows up in this thread.

      I suppose everyone who knows anything about Ragnarok now knows or can pick up on the identity of the RNG. Oh well. Wasn't my intention, was simply revealing the nature of the static. :sweat:

      Also, Deoderant, why the partial quoting? Fully quote it please, because I don't want people to assume I misrepresented the story:

      Day 1 of the set party. Wow D;
      Being cynical, I had apprehensions, but things went freakin awesome. Leveled in Sorrow Valley with a pick up BLM and RDM. First RDM bounced quickly, after so-so exp. We grabbed another, who upon the discovery that it was amostly gaijin party started to whine. Our BLM, <name cut>, who I have known through <name cut>and a various parties for quite some time told her basically to STFU, which I thought was cool D;
      <name cut> is insane, mad strong Elvaan BLM. We had a pretty crappy renkei of Howlig Fist > SSaido for some BS effect, so <name cut> said fuck the noise and was MBing Flood off of it, and had no hesitation in just randomly throwing Flare at it, because he knew it would be dead before it got back to him from me, or our MNK.
      Fuck was the 2nd wave of the party good. We were 6 chaining (...!) routinely, and even with one death and R1, my total gain was around 20K, which is awesome. If we keep this pace, then I'll be ready to take over a full time Ranger spot in <LS name cut> hunt groups soon enough. At least I would like to think that, I'm sure I will have to sit out though. I love my LS, really, I do.
      We pick up our normal BLM tomorrow, and our RDM decided to not stay with the set. In all honesty, I think it will be best to leave the 6th slot open, so we can pick up a RDM or WHM, depending on where we are going. A fulltime RDM will leave out Kuftal and Rancor Den at higher levels, and with us being unable to level in Tu'Lia, as of now, I don't want those places out of the picture.
      Dated: 06/19/04

      A note: I wanted to refrain from journal quoting. My intention is definately not to reveal anyone, though I doubt he much cares either way.

      As you can read clearly, the party first met on Friday as I had mentioned, and we loved it. Even the RNG in question was stunned by how good it was. And as I fairly relayed, he disliked the skillchain (which is confusing, because it owned Raptors, but was crap vs Perytons admittedly), but overall was pleased. I think its clearly there for everyone to read.

      Then of course, it took one lousy day, just one bad day for everyone to reveal their true colors:

      Set is..orz already.
      Dated: 6/21/04

      Statement comes after the horrible Saturday that ended up being the catalyst for the static collapsing, as I've clearly explained. Guess that's just how the cookie crumbles, sadly.

      Well, I assume this now pushes the thread toward a potential flamewar direction, and will now possibly anger some people.

      Got drama? :sweat:

      Main Job(s): 75 MNK
      Secondary Job(s): 38 WAR / 38 WHM / 37 THF
      San d'Oria Rank: 10
      Zilart Mission: 14
      Promathia Mission: 1
      Dynamis Interloper: JEU / WIN / BAS / SAN
      Current Status: Returning to my old favorite; the Monk. Also awaiting my new PC so I can try out World of Warcraft.

      Got Drama? Read Shinryuken's LiveJournal!

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by JayblahX


        P.S. Futrid: Level up some mofo, while I level up THF. If we both achieve 65ish within a similar time-frame of one another, I see bone parties in our future.
        yeah right... half the pt's i get are good, then break 10 minutes due to whiny brd/pld, or completly suck and i stay for 5 hours getting 6k xp..

        but my thf is already lvled




        75MNK, 62BRD , 37WAR , 37THF, 37WHM

        Full AF "Paragon of Monk Excellence"
        Genkei 5 Completed
        Rank 10 San, Rank 8 Windy, Rank1 Bastok
        Zilart and CoP Missions Complete
        93 Merrits, slacking need to work on that..
        Shura Haidate +1, body and head.
        Faith Torque, Black Belt , 3/5 Tu'lia Set, 4/5 AF2, 1/5 AF+1

        Comment


        • #34
          hmmm sorry to hear what you've been thru. But you mentioned the static party is broken right? then at least yer abit happy now.

          anywayz, to answer yer topic, monks only get to be popular when it's around 66, when you start hitting on gustav bones and then all the way to 74 with the ramps tombs bones, after that i don't know, coz i'm 30k from 75 and it's been like that for 3 months lol.

          All the members in my static are already 75 they all started other jobs so i had to follow as well :/

          bottom line, tru static parties are hard to find, melees are always the bottom feeders, first to be sacrifice, they will have the lowest priority always, same goes for others. So dont be discourage as we all are facing the same problems. (i've got thru it thou, 74.. wee!!)

          Comment


          • #35
            Hate to thread hi-jack, but:

            Oh well, I'm satisfied in knowing you guys have to endure the torture that is the Female Elvaan MNK stance!
            ;_;

            It's not as bad as the hume Great Sword stance :dead:

            Comment


            • #36
              I'm sorry, Female Elvaan H2H and Male Elvaan single-dagger are the worst in the game, Male Hume Greatsword doesn't even come close :spin:

              BTW if you go to said-RNGs livejournal she reveals the name of the BRD

              [edit] Elvaan 1-hand katana stance looks pretty weird, too.

              Comment


              • #37
                /comfort Jay

                static pt's are usually anything but static lol...
                i level with the same people very often, however
                we are hardly static.
                we level off and on.
                just keep doing what you were doing; make own pts
                you were doing good so far, just keep pushing to 75

                Comment


                • #38
                  Well, that latest post is very recent, after the fact... Still, if you know the name and want it revealed so bad, why not do it yourself now?

                  By the way, you just gotta love the excuse given for the static being disbanded. Apparently, when our static was rocking ass the night before to his satisfaction, it wasn't an issue at all.

                  One night of crap hitting the fan (and only for the first half of the night), and excuses go from poor skillchain, to poor subjob, or whatever else they can grasp at. Gotta love it. Its pretty clear now the real reason was: Selfish motives which culminated in eloping with the BRD. Textbook case of use-use here. BRDs kissing the RNG's ass hardcore to get into the HNM LS no doubt, and RNG is riding the coat-tails of a highly in-demand class; the BRD. Looks like the BRD doesn't have a good vote of confidence judging by the guy who posted a comment in the LJ. I posted one as well, in case you can't tell.

                  Onwalds to victoly!

                  See ya all at 75, Ragnarok.

                  P.S. I don't see what's so bad about Hume 2HS stance myself. Elvaan F H2H is indeed ghastly.

                  Main Job(s): 75 MNK
                  Secondary Job(s): 38 WAR / 38 WHM / 37 THF
                  San d'Oria Rank: 10
                  Zilart Mission: 14
                  Promathia Mission: 1
                  Dynamis Interloper: JEU / WIN / BAS / SAN
                  Current Status: Returning to my old favorite; the Monk. Also awaiting my new PC so I can try out World of Warcraft.

                  Got Drama? Read Shinryuken's LiveJournal!

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Deodorant
                    I'm sorry, Female Elvaan H2H and Male Elvaan single-dagger are the worst in the game, Male Hume Greatsword doesn't even come close :spin:

                    urge to kill.. rising

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Shin- I just wanted to set things straight.

                      You're entirely right when you say it comes down to sheer humanity, it was the matter of losing one, or losing 2; even as asswipish as the 2 might have been. I admit my judgement was clouded, mostly in my frenzy to reach 75, after 2 years, it's just getting boring, and I wanted to finish things up. I didn't mean to seem like I was just going to oust you like that, it was wrong of me to do so.


                      I'm sorry things didn't work out, but from what I've seen of you, you'll reach 75 very soon, even without the aid of a static PT.

                      ~Soniti

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Well, so far since I hit 60, PTs have dropped to practically nil, the exp ive gotten into 60 so far (5k) has practically all came from helping friends on Genkai I or AF quests.

                        I'm somewhat disappointed at the present because of this, I mean Pts 55+ were far and few between although the PTs I did get really we're great but now I haven't actually gotten a PT for ages now.

                        "Make your own PT" people say, well, I try to, but the times that I play on due to being from the UK are awkward so half the time when I need a tank whether it be nin or pld, theres never one around, same goes for any other job half the time. :sweat:

                        Looks like 60-65 is gonna be one really hard slog out.
                        Rank 10 - Windurst - Bismarck
                        /war
                        /thf
                        /whm
                        /nin (Pending)

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          @Sharma

                          Weekends are your friend. I live in Europe aswell GMT+1 to be exact. Yet I passed my hell levels of 50s and 60s. Endured through the non invite craptastic era and I am now 72. Just remember that when you form a PT, its not about chaining ITs. VT chaining spree is the way to go. I did this through 60s and some 70s, killing VTs who gave 89exp a pop. But if you can rip them to shreds in 20secs after pull the total exp was like 4k per hour.

                          P.S. My server is also loaded with full of S I C K JP HNMLS aswell. How about one LS who SLEEP KEEPS FAFNIR FOR F I V E HOURS TO CONTROL THE SPAWNING TABLE? Insane...
                          Shiia 75 BLM WHM RDM WAR NIN MNK - semi retired -
                          Riritan 73 WHM 70 SMN 65 BRD 63 RDM -new taru taru-

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            question - sorry if this has been answered or if its noobish...

                            why don't you go sidewinder-->raging fists and have your blm burst on the thunder series?

                            is that worse?

                            anyway, i feel your pain my poor monk. i'm in a static (we rok! XD) - rdm,blm,rng,mnk,pld and we pick up whatever support we can get. yeah there's drama. not everyone is sane, but we manage thanks to a few cool heads... and usually everyone gets over what hangups they had the night before.

                            we use that SC as mentioned above - i'm not sure what its called but it works pretty well for us.

                            well, good luck with your troubles. i personally think mnks are very valuable.
                            harr!

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Shiia
                              @Sharma

                              Weekends are your friend. I live in Europe aswell GMT+1 to be exact. Yet I passed my hell levels of 50s and 60s. Endured through the non invite craptastic era and I am now 72. Just remember that when you form a PT, its not about chaining ITs. VT chaining spree is the way to go. I did this through 60s and some 70s, killing VTs who gave 89exp a pop. But if you can rip them to shreds in 20secs after pull the total exp was like 4k per hour.

                              P.S. My server is also loaded with full of S I C K JP HNMLS aswell. How about one LS who SLEEP KEEPS FAFNIR FOR F I V E HOURS TO CONTROL THE SPAWNING TABLE? Insane...
                              Hi Shiia, I do have to agree on the weekend points being best, as I went from 58-60 last sat so I guess my luck kinda ran out then, little bit high on the mad exp table to go from 58 on Friday afternoon to 60 late saturday night (30k exp :sweat: )

                              I just seem to find that afterwards namely sunday, monday etc have suddenly became no hopers for pts since I have to log just as US primetime hits. :p

                              It seems that on Bismarck, a lot of the PTs in my level range seem to disregard monks, I have infact been told to give up a few times throughout my 40-55 period.
                              Rank 10 - Windurst - Bismarck
                              /war
                              /thf
                              /whm
                              /nin (Pending)

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Sharma
                                Hi Shiia, I do have to agree on the weekend points being best, as I went from 58-60 last sat so I guess my luck kinda ran out then, little bit high on the mad exp table to go from 58 on Friday afternoon to 60 late saturday night (30k exp :sweat: )

                                I just seem to find that afterwards namely sunday, monday etc have suddenly became no hopers for pts since I have to log just as US primetime hits. :p

                                It seems that on Bismarck, a lot of the PTs in my level range seem to disregard monks, I have infact been told to give up a few times throughout my 40-55 period.
                                You mentioned it being hard to put parties together. Its hard even in prime US hours. From 45-63 we had a static pt of pal/war, drg/war, whm/sum, rdm/blm, blm/whm. We would fill in the 6th dmg dealer with a random DPS. Our tank for the most part is kind of awol, and we have gotten to xp exactly once in 5 nights of trying. There just are no tanks our lvl range(64-65) that dont seem to be in a static, or they are grabbed before 6-6:30 est.

                                Even tho drg and monks dont renkei well, ive had some good xp sessions with monks. Im personally really fond of monks and plan on lvling up mine in a semi perm group with close friends.

                                The only real problem to me is the lack of a real puller. I know monks can pull, but i often get the feeling(from in game experinces) that monks dont like pulling.

                                If i ever see ya looking for group, and we are in the same lvl range ill send ya an invite.
                                Giest: 69whm.
                                http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?60013
                                Stinna(wife) 71 blm/whm

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X