Dragoon Equips: This or That

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dragoon Equips: This or That

Between those two, Cletine wins in my opinion.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Problem with that is you need Gondo-shizunori, have it unlocked, and have Dreakesbane =P

Also, I beg to differ, if Thalo is the same as Mezraq then the -Eva is 25 according to FFXIClopedia, and that contribution to the party outweighs the increase in WS damage.

Comment

1) Taking this opportunity to Q_Q that my friend came back to the game and I no longer have a 75DRG/75BLU mule

and

2) Yes, Cletine really only matters if you have Drakesbane, because Skewer just doesn't cut it compared to Penta. Personally I would still go Mezraq just because the difference between that and Thalawhozit is so marginal you'd never notice it, and(at least on Ramuh) it costs 100k+ less, which you could put towards a larger improvement in another slot.

Edit: And it's a post from me, obligatory Valk Fork or GTFO ->
        Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

I'm quite happy with my Thalo until Odin stops mocking my dreams.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Gondo is outdone by other lances before 72. Imperial Neza being one them.
            Thanks Kazuki.
            Dragoon Equipment

Comment

I've been asking some DRGs which is better to WS in, the Brutal Earring or the Minuet Earring (Because my 2nd earring slot is reserved for Fowling), I've been hearing Brutal for the chance at one of my hits double attacking during penta thrust, but then there are some who swear to just stick with the STR/DEX+1.

Don't know which to beleive.

The most precious possession that ever comes To a man in this world
              Is a woman's heart.

Comment

Brutal hands down.

How much will Str/Dex+1 boost your WS damage by?

How much will just one extra attack from the Brutal Earring increase your WS damage by?

The potential benefits of the Brutal Earring far outweigh the actual benefits given by the Minuet Earring.

EDIT:

As far as I know, the Brutal Earring's DA could proc on any of the 5 hits of Penta Thrust, for a max total of 8 hits. So you could get anywhere from 0-3 extra hits from the Brutal Earring alone. You're not likely to get 3 extra hits, but it's possible.

And like I said earlier, +1 Str/Dex won't do much for your WS, I would not consider it for a macro swap in.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Anyone who picks STR/DEX+1 over 5% Double Attack for ANYTHING doesn't understand how stats work and you should immediately disregard anything else that comes out of that person's mouth regarding gear advice.

Comment

plus

plus

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwJyCKk7B-o]YouTube - Mythic Weaponskill - Drakesbane[/ame]

= pwn
                    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Not really. Pole Grip is still going to come out on top, the damage boost from Brave appears to be about 3-5%, and Gondo is still a crappy weapon compared to Thallo/Mezraq and to a lesser extent Cletine.

Comment

I think Malacite is just crit-obsessed.

Comment

Ugh this junk is making me want to level DRG now but I seriously need to merit the jobs I have first

Comment

:O So it's not as potent as X's Knife?

Damn it all. I was hoping it would do for Raging Rush & Drakesbane what X's Knife does for evisceration...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                              Damn it all. I was hoping it would do for Raging Rush & Drakesbane what X's Knife does for evisceration...
                              . . . Are you serious? Please tell me this guy isn't being serious.
                              Originally posted by Armando
                              No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                              Originally posted by Armando
                              Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                              Originally posted by Taskmage
                              GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                              Originally posted by Taskmage
                              However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                              Matthew 16:15

Comment

I am. X's Knife isn't even that hard to get really (>. > if you can manaburn that is, that BC can be manaburned in 1 minute without 2 hours) so getting X's Knife is a lot easier compared to obtaining the Brave Grip (Your nation has to own all 7 areas, you need to whoop Orcs for the BC item and then beat the BC)

Both fights are fairly easy actually... the Orc BC being even easier BUT the conditions for triggering it are far more aggravating. As such, why the hell not make it 10% ? Gives me even more reason to try for that 15-18% Crit build on WAR (provided someone ever figures out a reasonable PW strategy)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X