Dragoon Equips: This or That

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragoon Equips: This or That

I am having some issues on what to use and what not to use with my DRG. I thought I'd get some 2nd opinions.

(Note: I have all the gear mentioned, just don't know which one to use over the other)

Grip:

or

Right now I am using the Mythril Grip+1, however I have seen many a DRG with the Pole grip. Not sure which to use over the other.

Belt:

or

This one has actually been up to debate between my rl friends. I don't know which one to listen to. One is trying to say the ATT-5 On the belt just makes my Amemet+1 a NQ Amemet. Not sure, I kind of just drown out their debates. I'm usually the middle man in debates, drowning them out at our local Taco Bell. The new Volcano Taco usually keeps my attention more than these guys do...

Ammo:

or

This one has also been up for debate, usually leaving me with my arm proping my head up on the table in front of free empty taco wrappers...

Body: (TP Body)

or

Hmmmm....DRG gets a bunch of Accuracy anyway don't they? (I use Heca for WS)

I got the other slots pretty much covered

Thanks
    Last edited by Tek(Selphiie); 09-22-2008, 05:22 PM.

The most precious possession that ever comes To a man in this world
    Is a woman's heart.

Re: Dragoon Equips: This or That

Originally posted by Tek(Selphiie) View Post
    Maybe Pole Grip for TP?
    Pole Grip full time: switching out grips causes TP reset, and S-E explicitly stated they didn't want people swapping different grips constantly for whatever.
    Originally posted by Armando
    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
    Originally posted by Armando
    Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
    However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
    Matthew 16:15

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
      Pole Grip full time: switching out grips causes TP reset, and S-E explicitly stated they didn't want people swapping different grips constantly for whatever.
      That fact totally flew right over my head lol. I don't have a two-handed DD job so I never remembered that grips switching resets TP.

Is a woman's heart.

Comment

Potent for ws and swift for tp'ing. At least thats what I'm going to do for my drk if I ever get a swift belt. Personally I like the look of the Palulwan but I prefer the Barone. I agree Pole Grip, I use it on my drk.
        Originally posted by Feba
        But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
        God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
        Originally posted by DakAttack
        ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

The Straps are almost the same shit but I would use Pole just because WS's can DA twice (possibly thrice in the case of Penta Thrust.)

Swift > Potent for TP, and it only gets better the more Haste you have. (P.S. Life Belt does the same thing as Potent for a fraction of the cost.)

What exactly does Smart Grenade do?

As for the last one...
          Hmmmm....DRG gets a bunch of Accuracy anyway don't they? (I use Heca for WS)
          The real question is, do you have too much? Can you eat meat and still have high hit rate?

Either way, 1 point of Accuracy is always worth more than 1 point of Attack.

Comment

Smart Grenade adds 4 att.

For the body I have P body and AJ.

I use them in different situations. When I need acc I use P body otherwise I use AJ. I would use swift belt if I had other haste gear.
            Thanks Kazuki.
            Dragoon Equipment

Comment

It's ugly as all hell but you can't beat the Assault Jerkin. (discounting the really expensive/hard to get stuff)

If you got it or can go for it, get Homam. Absolutely rules for DRG

But using the 2 pieces you provided, I'd actually TP in the Paluwahn (the more accuracy you got from gear, the easier it is to use attack food) and macro in the Barone on jump and high jump.
              sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

The Pole Grip gives a better return than the Mythril Grip+1.

Your friend is roughly right that the Swift Belt makes it a NQ Amemet's mantle, however even if you do not have any other haste gear, the +4% is very noticeable in fights, surprisingly so actually. Now will it help you that much if that's your only haste gear? Not really, but it's worth it, and really, losing 5 attack when you should be close to what, 400, 500 attack? (been awhile since I last looked at mine) that shouldn't be a big difference, swinging faster is however.

I'd probably go Tiphia Sting, just because I like the +2 acc/att better than +4att.

You might have enough accuracy to have a good hit rate against normal mobs by the time you hit lvl 72, making the Pahluwan body obsolete against some of the mobs you'll be fighting. I'd keep it though in case you feel the need for some extra accuracy. I'd also recommend the Assault Jerkin, I like the combo of +acc/att on it, but I don't think you should really need to get it since you already have the Barone Corazza. I'm also against eh Barone Corazza a bit because of the +enmity on it, which in the long run probably doesn't even matter, but it does to me. On the plus side you have it for Jumps, which I'd imagine when paired with the Barone pants would be pretty nifty.

And while I agree with Malacite about the Homam stuff, I do think that if you go for the full set then the body is +acc overkill and you might be better off with another piece for your body instead.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Situational stuff is situational

That being said, for TP on Merit mobs, Pole strap > Myth, Sting > Grenade, Swift > Potent, and Pahlu > Baron. For TPing on mobs, you first want to make sure you can hit reliably, which seeing as you merit on VT or lower shouldn't be a problem. Once you have enough Acc to hit reliably you want Haste, the more you get the better it is.

On Bigger mobs though, like HNMs and such, you'd prolly want to stack on the Acc/Att. So really, you'd be keeping all that gear and using it for different things.
                  "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

It really depends like everyone is saying.

If you can get a Swift Belt, then do so. Use the potent belt until then. I tp in swift and use a Warwolf for ws.

IMO the Assault Jerkin trumps both of those pieces. Between the two it comes down to whichever stat you seem to need more between attack and accuracy.

I prefer the Smart Grenade as well. It's free, and you can keep the hp and evasion you would have lost. 2 acc is easily made up in armor or merits.

Either way, you're on the right path, these are all decent choices in their own respects.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Never knew about the +4 attack on Smart Grenades. I wondered why I saw people using them.

There was an equipment choice I was wondering about yesterday if people have any Input.

For TPing would you use

or

I have Dusk at the moment, just wondered if it was worth trying to get some Askar.

Comment

Right now at 64 I am using a

And already purchased a

So I was wondering if the Dark Mezraq will last me until the Thalassocrat, or if there is another polearm I need to buy in between.

Thanks

Is a woman's heart.

Comment

If you could get your hands on this:

then you would be in serious business.

Other wise

A Colossal

Or my personal favorite:

Gae Bolg
                          Thanks Kazuki.
                          Dragoon Equipment

Comment

I have Dusk at the moment, just wondered if it was worth trying to get some Askar.
                            Assuming your hit rate is uncapped and that your total haste is less than 50%, and ignoring the effects of +4 enmity, Askar is marginally superior.

As for the lance question, it really depends on the potency and proc rate of Dark Mezraq's Impair Evasion. If it's good, then there's nothing that can really replace it 'til Thalassocrat. If the proc rate is bad then Iron Ram Lance.

Comment

or

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/ff...b2/Cletine.JPG

considering Drakesbane is a critical hit WS, I say screw Thalo and Pentathrust.
                              sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X