Vyuru's performance after the update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vyuru's performance after the update

Just got out of an exp party, and I thought I'd share my experiance.

Party setup:

Nin/war
    Sam/thf
    Drg/sam (me!)
    Thf/nin
    Rdm/whm
    Blu/whm

Gear setup for lvl 70 drg:

Colossal Lance
    Valkyrie's Mask
    Assault Jerkin
    Chivalrous Chain
    Fowling Earring
    Assault Earring
    Enky Bracelets
    Barone pants
    Drachen Greaves
    Woodsman Ring
    Venerer Ring
    Sword Belt
    Amemet Mantle

Target mobs: Imps and Jnun at the Mire camp.
    Food: Meat Mithkabobs

Debuffs for the mob were sometimes acid bolts and dia II, neither seemed to be really stuck on constantly though.

My average hit was about 136, lowest hit was 101 and highest hit was for 178 damage. The average damage/hit though was very close to 136 and hovered in the 128-148 range with the largest grouping in the 130 range.

Critical hits were more or less uniformly 336 damage.

My accuracy was about 95%, I hardly missed and it felt like I was eating sushi. I'd almost go so far to say that my accuracy was obscene.

I tried out Penta Thrust, Skewer, and Wheeling Thrust. These all did 600 as a low damage to the high 800s as high damage, I saw a 921 Skewer and a 1k Wheeling Thrust as the exceptionally high marks, both of those are more outliers since they only happened once. The strength of Penta, Skewer, and Wheeling Thrust are now roughly the same on exp mobs in my opinion given my limited testing. This however might be different given more buffs or different mobs. Most WS were used at about the 100%TP-150ish%TP mark, with a couple that hit the 200% mark due to Tantrum.

Next time I party I think I'll try out drg/war to see how that does now.

Just thought I'd share with you all =^.^=

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Re: Vyuru's performance after the update

Vyuru, I think you can only get *full* potential from the changes subbing WAR, mostly because you're gonna cap out with Berserk on. I find it dead sexy and more fuel to the fire for going back to *semi* traditional party setups (Throwing out /NIN)

It even makes PLD tanking for every exp encounter en vogue now ... LOL.

Comment

I gave the new changes a try last night on DRG/SAM, and I'm going to see if I can't do better with a few gear swaps and /WAR tonight. My Pentas were rather lackluster compared to what everyone was posting (about 600-1100 at times, with the occasional 1200 here or there), while my Skewers were rocking the house (900-1400 avg); considering that everyone was/is saying Penta is still better than Skewer, then I must be missing something.

Here's what I got, let's see if we can't come up with something:

Weapon: Mezraq (seriously considering T. Lance for Plat. Grip +1)
      Grip: Mythril +1
      Ammo: Tiphia Sting/Angon
      Head: Wyvern Helm (this came out of retirement, replacing Homam Z.)
      Neck: Chivalrous Chain
      Ears: Brutal and Assault Earrings
      Body: Drachen Mail +1
      Hands: Spiked Finger Gauntlets (I'm starting to carry around my Heca gloves now, to see if that doesn't help)
      Rings: Rajas and Flame Rings
      Back: Amemet +1
      Waist: Warwolf Belt (Also from retirement; replaced Potent Belt/Swordbelt +1)
      Legs: Pahluwhan Legs (gonna unretire my Barone Cosciales)
      Feet: Amir Boots (and might unretire my Rutter Sabatons for this as well)

I'm gonna keep messing with what I've got, but hopefully I can find a solid balance again. Who knows, this update might be what makes me go back to /WAR... ...I'mma miss Hasso/Meditate though, if I do.

Comment

Originally posted by Vyuru View Post
        My accuracy was about 95%, I hardly missed and it felt like I was eating sushi. I'd almost go so far to say that my accuracy was obscene.
        We got a second Accuracy Bonus trait in there somewhere.

Comment

we get that second ACC bonus at 70 right? because I am 65 and dont have it
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Anyone know what level that kicks in?

Comment

95% accuacy with attack food pre-merit without BRD or COR .... Orz

IMHO, instead of Meat Mithkabobs, you should try other attack+ food, because your base attack should be way over the cap of Meat Mithkabobs.

P.S. This is awesome. Hopefully this can open up more option for party setup.

Added: Seems that impact of the absence of BRD for 2-hander is much less in this update. If the 2-hander can take care of acc+ and atk+ by himself, all that is left is Haste.
              Last edited by Celeal; 08-29-2007, 05:27 AM.
              Server: Quetzalcoatl
              Race: Hume Rank 7
              75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

The only time you really should be using mithkabobs is when you are fighting those damn food snatching pink things.
                Thanks Kazuki.
                Dragoon Equipment

Comment

Well, while I didn't get a shot at trying DRG/WAR, I did manage to work on the new Chanoix's Gorget quest (that was fun), and duo'd with a PUP friend of mine on DRG/WHM (BTW, I must say, the new bot AI really makes the job effective as hell for solo). I used the same gear setup that I have listed above with the changes I was planning in the parentheses, with Hecatomb Hands macroed in before I hit my WS; Light and Shadow Gorgets are macroed into my Skewer and Penta Thrust macros respectively. Anyways...

These are just two of the Penta Thrust samples I managed to get; the Skewers were about only 200-400 less on average. Looks like the general consensus is go STR/Attack build, and eat meat, cuz there isn't much else to worry about. If I can pull those numbers on /WHM, I'm anxious with anticipation how I'll do with this build back on /SAM and /WAR.

Comment

Did you solo the frog quest?
                    Thanks Kazuki.
                    Dragoon Equipment

Comment

Yes I did (and found out the hard way that the Poroggo that hang out there are True Sight lol).

The 4 frog minions that spawn with it aren't even a concern, and the Poroggo NM is Too Weak. The only thing you may need to watch for is Frog Song or a random T3 -aga or AM. Fight lasts about 10-30 seconds, depending on how fast you spam your WSs. Never even had to use a single Healing Breath.

Comment

Hot damn Lilith...that's scary. I'm going to get with my DRG friends and setup more DRG burn merit parties now LoL!
                        Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Vyuru, I think you can only get *full* potential from the changes subbing WAR, mostly because you're gonna cap out with Berserk on.
                          That's what I am suspecting as well, but since I was exping earlier as drg/sam I wanted to compare my accuracy pre/post update before testing warrior out.

We got a second Accuracy Bonus trait in there somewhere.
                          Indeed we do, I do not know what level it is though.

However, this is more than just a second accuracy bonus, my gear before the update was:

Grand Knight's Lance
                          Valkyrie's Mask
                          Jaridah Peti
                          Chivalrous Chain
                          Fowling Earring
                          Assault Earring
                          Enky Bracelets
                          Barone pants
                          Drachen Greaves
                          Woodsman Ring
                          Venerer Ring
                          Life Belt
                          Amemet Mantle

With the above gear setup, I had an accuracy rate of about 70% as drg/sam with Hasso up. After the update I was able to drop 19 accuracy and get to a 95% accuracy rate. So unless our new +acc trait is like +30 acc, I think this is largely due to the fact that 1 dex = 1 acc now, if you look at that, I should have picked up at least another +20 acc due to that formula change alone, I'm not sure what my base dex is as a lvl 70 mithra drg, so IMO that is a conservative estimate.

My Pentas were rather lackluster compared to what everyone was posting (about 600-1100 at times, with the occasional 1200 here or there), while my Skewers were rocking the house (900-1400 avg); considering that everyone was/is saying Penta is still better than Skewer, then I must be missing something.
                          Did these other people get buffs or something and you did not? Penta Thrust was pretty accurate for me, and did pretty consistant damage. The real wild card seems to be Skewer now, and I suspect that is largely due to how many critical hits it does.

Who knows, this update might be what makes me go back to /WAR... ...I'mma miss Hasso/Meditate though, if I do.
                          I know, Hasso is the only way I ever get Haste :/

With this update Drg AF+1 and certain Relic pieces look sexier than ever!

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Yeah, that would have to be it. Every time I've done those numbers, it was without any massive boosts (i.e. Corsair or Bard in pt, 2hr, etc.), and my gear wasn't optimized as much as it is now. Those numbers were on /WHM, and shattered my /SAM numbers, so I'm attributing the disparity to gear selection for now. With the same gear now on /WAR and /SAM, I'm expecting much better numbers.

It seems that STR slightly outweighs Attack as the stat to be looking at now, as it gives an equal Attack rating to how much you stack STR. Any piece with both STR *and* Attack is quite a find, as accuracy isn't so much of an issue it seems. That isn't to say you can completely ignore Accuracy (well, you might get away with it if you're a Mithra...), as there might still be instances where you'll need it, but it's not so important anymore. Also, since we can now reach higher base Attack scores, the quality of meats we consume also rises, as less of the better choice's Attack boosts are wasted on lower cap Attack.

Nerf-sayers be damned! I'm fully in support of 1 DEX = 1 Acc (even if I'm the sole voice amongst everyone to be so).

Comment

All I know is I'm throwing away /THF for good now and settling in on the "/WAR or bust" platform. I was just blown away when I was thudding capped damage per hit on {Decent Challenge} mobs when just on Sunday, on those same mobs, I was yo-yoing up and down roughly 50-75 points per hit. 300s solid per hit is just too good to be true right now for me.

The double attack for 600's just down right scary. That used to be WS damage before this patch ... lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X