Valkyrie's Fork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valkyrie's Fork

Sooo, super duper early and all I know, but any info yet on the Valkyrie's Fork? That thing looks awesome.

+3% double attack and 95 damage on a lance is pretty dang nifty. Toss in a Brutal Earring and I'm in love

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Re: Valkyrie's Fork

This thing together with Brutal is about as close to a *real* Multi-Hit Polearm we're gonna get (not including Love Halberd), but I am a bit surprised they decided to put the base DMG so high. It seems SE is edging ever so close to Big G turf with every new Lv. 75 Polearm they release (and I'm glad they released more slots for the locker to hold my lances).

Well, looks like finishing leveling BLU and COR will have to wait until I get this bit of lovliness in my possesion.
    Last edited by LilithAngel; 06-05-2007, 10:35 PM.

Comment

It seems SE is edging ever so close to Big G turf with every new Lv.
      Yeah it kinda does.

Don't get me wrong, the +20 acc, and added effects of the Gugnir are great and all, but the Valkyrie Fork is just kinda wow.

Depending on how hard it is to get I may have to seriously rethink getting a Gugnir now, sure I want one, but that'll be a couple of years worth of work.

All depends on how hard the Valkyrie Fork is to get.

And I rather like the +double attack way of getting a multihit weapon. The Valkryie Fork + Brutal Earring is +8% DA, toss in Warrior subjob, and Ares armor and that is what, +16% DA? That's pretty cool

And it is kinda funny how many endgame lances we have now, and then SE gives us the Imperial Nezza and the Valkyrie's Fork, both rare/ex weapons.

I may not have to pay much for weapons from lvl 71 on, which is kinda nice since the Mezraq is kinda pricey still.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

Comment

Question for y'all.

At what point should I sell my Mezraq? It goes for 1-1.2 mil on Migard currently. If the Valkyrie Fork is at all attainable, the price on the Mezraq is going to plummet (see Dreizack; used to be nigh unattainable or sold for insane amounts, like 10mil, now hovering around 40k).

If I sell my Mez, what's the next best lance to use while working to get the Valkyrie Fork? The Ice Lance+1 has a DPS of 11.30 to the Mez's 11.34 (and lacks the nice bonuses). The Reserve Captain's Lance has a DPS 11.34 but much lower base damage, so weaker weapon skills and Jumps. The Dreizack weighs in at 10.94, has some useful bonuses, but is 6 points less base damage. The Orichulum Lance is 11.22, but has better base damage than the Ice+1 at the cost of a little DPS (kind of the middle ground between the Mezraq and the Ice+1). Then you have oddities like Stonesplitter with its +5 Damage, +24 ATK, and +5 ACC while TP <= 100; only a 10.75 DPS even while under the Latent effect and very low based damage comparatively (still, WARs love their Maneaters so it might have its uses). The Tournament Lance is 11.10, but its Store TP (with my existing Store TP boosts) means I can weapon skill one swing sooner. And then there's real weirdos like Gondo-Shizunori (500 point WS latent break spear from KS30 fights), with middling base damage and DPS, but +6% Crit Rate (which would work well with my +4% from Merits).

Waddaya think?

Comment

The Reserve Captain's Lance has a DPS 11.34 but much lower base damage, so weaker weapon skills and Jumps.
          This kind of answers you question about dps. Dps is great if you don't ever use jumps or weapon skills, and use melee swings only. I don't know why reserver captain's lance is even called a lance. It has the dmg and delay of a spear.

To answer your question, O Lance or Imperial Neza is next in line after Mez. It all depends if you want to spend money or time.
          Thanks Kazuki.
          Dragoon Equipment

Comment

Ah. I missed the Nezza. Interesting. It has a DPS of 11.55 and only 1 less base damage than the Mez. And Mamool Ja Staging Point parties are pretty easy to get (I already have my Amir booties). The Ori Lance is only about 55k, so maybe I'll get that, then work on the Nezza until I can get my hands on a Valky Fork.

Comment

Originally posted by Vyuru View Post
              And I rather like the +double attack way of getting a multihit weapon. The Valkryie Fork + Brutal Earring is +8% DA, toss in Warrior subjob, and Ares armor and that is what, +16% DA? That's pretty cool
              18% just as drg/war with 2 said items. Toss in Askar* body and Ares legs for 22%. Who knows how much 2A you'd get outta 5/5 Ares.

*Unless you're really bent on a sushi build, Homam body and it's 2.5%ish triple attack rate would of course be better. Could be rad fun.
              "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Hmm I was saving up for a Mezraq but hey this new lance looks good!

Comment

Originally posted by Lmnop View Post
                  18% just as drg/war with 2 said items. Toss in Askar* body and Ares legs for 22%. Who knows how much 2A you'd get outta 5/5 Ares.
                  *Unless you're really bent on a sushi build, Homam body and it's 2.5%ish triple attack rate would of course be better. Could be rad fun.
                  don't forget dragging a corsair along for the fun.

Comment

Double Attack is a base of 10% whether WAR is main or sub ^^b
                    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Double Attack is a base of 10% whether WAR is main or sub ^^b
                      I thought it was 5%?

Comment

Pretty sure it's always 10% though I could be wrong ?

EDIT: http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/dra...ries-fork.html

Rate of Double Attack activation has no difference between Warrior as main job and warrior as sub job, excluding the merit points.

There ya go. If it was only 5%, you'd almost never notice it don't you think?
                        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Ok, now, for the million gil question: How do we obtain it?

Synth? Not likely, since it's R/EX, and no HQ version has been seen in the dats.

NM? Possible, but that would be rather lame, for various reasons revolving not having friends on during odd times to help me...

BC/KS/ISNM? Again, possible. This does have a Battlefield Drop Item feel to it.

Nyzul Isle? Prolly not, we'd see hints of it already by now if it was there.

Salvage? Again, prolly not. See Nyzul Isle above.

Einherjar? Most likely. Being introduced at the same time as this new high level playground just reeks of SE's sick humor. More than likley, it will involve some retarded (read: Gungnir-level) amount of work to get, and since it's only one of a few new weapons introduced - and DRG only, I might add - I doubt many DRGs will be sporting this thing all too soon.

Don't toss those Mezraqs just yet, guys...

Comment

If I recall correctly... (no acronyms today) Einharjar were the spirits of warriors who lived in ... whatever that place was. I wanna say Valhala or something? Point is, Einharjar, Holzhalm, and Valkyries are all out of the same mythology, so it makes sense that they'll all be tied together in game. For instance -- Fafnir being the father of Hrotti and Ridill in mythology(I think x.x I should really reread some norse mythology), so it makes sense that there's a connection in FFXI. Obviously, a dragon who drops 2 swords is radically different, but they keep their associations.
                            "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

It's quite possible that the Valk Fork is unobtainable until the rest of Einherjar opens. It could be a reward from whatever is in Valgrind. (Let's see, who do Valkyries work for...) So don't start selling your Mezraqs just yet.
                              Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
                              RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
                              All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

Working...
                              X