This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi-hit Jumps?

Hey all. I plan on getting my girlfriend, a THF, a Mercurial Kris some time in the near future. I had previously read that Double Attack can go off on Jumps. Is this correct? If it is, would weapons with the ability to hit multiple times allow for multi-hit Jumps, too? While unconventional, I think THF/DRG at 60 would be pretty fun if she could get off 10/15 TP Jumps with Mercurial Kris, using a Wyvern Earring for the Haste +5%, and spamming SA WS/TA WS every 30 seconds.

Re: Multi-hit Jumps?

Double attack does work on jumps. I'd guess that multiple attacks would work too, but I can't be sure since I don't have a kraken club lying around to try it with.

You wouldn't be able to offhand the mercurial kris without dual wield, and if that effect doesn't proc you've got a 1:30 recast ability that gives you 5 TP, and another with 3:00. If it does proc you get 10-15, which is just shy of the 14 a DRG gets with barone pants (14.9 with 551 delay polearms). Triple attack can proc too for... 45 TP if you're really lucky. You can slap on a wyvern targe as well, since you'll be using one dagger.
    Seems to me you'd be main handing a shitty WS dagger with a subjob that doesn't give you better TP than /war and less attack. But you're a sharp fellow, I'm sure whatever results you come up with will be interesting.

Comment

Double Attack is a job ability that will affect all attacks. Weapons that allow you to hit multiple times only allow it with that single weapon. Notice the Kraken Club only go crazy in the hand it's in. Even if there was a polearm that allowed multiple hits I still think Jump wouldn't be affected.

Although I can't really be sure, since SE hasn't offered us any polearms with that specific ability.

Comment

Hehe, I never said we'd use it for EXP ;3 Just seemed like a fun thing to do/watch. I was also thinking of telling her to single-weild it so that she gains TP faster (Dual weilding a multi-hit weapon basically only lets it swing a bit over half the time, thus, TP is slower.) And when doing SA/TA the bulk of the DMG is coming from DEX/AGI, so while there definetely is a difference, I think it'd be offset by the TP gain. I don't know, we'll have to parse and see. Anyways, thanks for the input ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Impaction
          Double Attack is a job ability that will affect all attacks. Weapons that allow you to hit multiple times only allow it with that single weapon. Notice the Kraken Club only go crazy in the hand it's in. Even if there was a polearm that allowed multiple hits I still think Jump wouldn't be affected.

Although I can't really be sure, since SE hasn't offered us any polearms with that specific ability.
          There is actually a spear type weapon that can proc for multiple hits. As far as I've ever read I don't think anyone has ever considered the idea of a weapon proc ability effecting something like jump.

I doubt it will since it seems the weapon proc's are lowest on the list so they can be overwritten by an ability or WS use (Example: Flame Swords when DRK uses 2HR the flame effect is overwritten for the HP Drain by the 2hr, Eagle Eye Shot and Barrage only do the arrows damage it will not factor in the additional effect to the damage and the additional effect won't proc.)

In any case though I haven't seen any test in the matter of seeing a weapon that causes multiple hits would have any effect on jump. Be kind of intresting to see actually if it does.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

I've never seen the Kraken Club. What does it do anyway?
            Almost four years experience playing FFXI. I am a Raccoon, not a Hyena--despite my name states I am one.

Get creative and pretend these happened.
            Flaremoogles! Maester Hare HNM Fight! Charmander HNM!

Ow...

Comment

Originally posted by Moaku Hyena
              I've never seen the Kraken Club. What does it do anyway?
              Club type weapon which "Occasionally causes 4-8 hits" a cycle. In other words once the weapon starts it's attack cycle it can end up hitting 4-8 times in that single cycle, with the delay it has it ends up being a continuous attack once that club swings it never stops. Once it hits the end of it's 4-8 hits, the delay to start the next cycle is up so it keeps on hitting.

There was a video of a DRK using the Kraken Club + Souleater + Blood Weapon, with a little help from a WHM he Solo'd Adamantose (This was when the cap was still 70, Adamantose usually still took like 4-6 party to beat it usually).

There is another video also with a MNK using Kraken Club + Hundred Fist (Becomes 400-800 Fist now) the MNK was going so ballistic on his attacks that it actually crashed out players witnessing it with a bad connection.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Mm... Love Halberd. That's right.

Comment

Originally posted by Macht
                  There is another video also with a MNK using Kraken Club + Hundred Fist (Becomes 400-800 Fist now) the MNK was going so ballistic on his attacks that it actually crashed out players witnessing it with a bad connection.
                  Lol, I'd like to see that.
                  I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Technically it's not a constant stream because all multi-hits occur in the same instant...it's still an impressive sight, though. I've read of the DRK video but the link was down ; ;

Comment

The monk vid is in the video forums here. At least that's where I saw it. Oh, and as for the Love Halbred, I've seen a DRG on Ramuh running around with it, but I coundn't get any information from him because he was JP. >.<;

Comment

Originally posted by bikkebakke
                        The monk vid is in the video forums here. At least that's where I saw it. Oh, and as for the Love Halbred, I've seen a DRG on Ramuh running around with it, but I coundn't get any information from him because he was JP. >.<;
                        What information you wanted? were to obtain it?

Love Halberd is a drop from the Jailer of Love if I recall correctly, after kill him though it spawns Absolute Virtue. Last I heard he's still undefeated.

Comment

That polearm has less damage than the AF polearm, it's really not that great.

Comment

Tangential musing .. wouldn't it be cool if there was a multi-hit jump job ability? Like Dragon Boots + Dragon Horn in FF6 ...
                            lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

DRK/DRG, Kraken Club, Souleater, Last Resort, etc., then Jump on a mid level skeleton or the Boreal Hound. Biggest Jump numbers ever I bet. I think the infamous Rykoshet already did it though.

Comment

Working...
                              X