This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would like oppinions...

I'm considering starting the dragoon job for a bit of fun. It does look like it can be a fun job to play when I'm bored of being a mage or something. Was just wondering if anyone could give me any tips etc for it, as I'm starting out. Thanks. ^^

Re: Would like oppinions...

Well can you tell me what you like of the Job dragoon?
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=953347

War75 Thf75 Pld75 Sam75 Mnk75 Rdm75 Nin75 Bard 75

Comment

Mostly, the dmg. Then again, I mainly play whm, so any dmg beats mine from the odd banish or whatever.

Comment

Well.. I wouldnt exactly level Dragoon to deal dmg. You might want to rather try Drk Sam War.. cause theyre more kwown for dealing damage. Dragoon is able to deal alot of damage though.. Is this only why you want to level it?

Comment

No, just for something different. If they dont deal damage then, what else do they do? I'd just like some basic onfo so I can make an informed decision on wether or not I would enjoy lvling it to pass time or something.

Comment

Well.. not to sound weak, but the best thing Dragoon have is pride :/. But, I leveled Dragoon to 55, and I dealed good damage.. Its also a very armor dependant job.. and whats Pride without shiny armor. ^^

Comment

I like shiny armour... mostly why I lvld pld to 39 Pride isnt necesarily a bad thing either. So do you have any advice for starting the drg job?

Comment

Well, it wouldnt harm leveling your Dragoon job to lets say.. 25. After that the differences between the various jobs will be more obvious. You could try to level it to 25, and then see what your impression of it. Try to find a way of creating an image of yourself as Drg in your head. ..And yes, I know that sounds weird.

Comment

Get it to 25, that shouldnt take too long... assuming I can get through the damned dunes. Might be faster soloing in Tahrongi O.o Guessing drgs can solo pretty decently? I hear healing breath or something can be pretty useful?

Comment

hey sweetkitty^^ i like your new sig,

yapyap, it's hard to tell whether or not you will like a job by what you've told us, so let me try this...

i started out as a whm, because i thought it would be nice to help others (through cures) well, i wanted something more exciting, so i tried rdm.

i liked rdm cuz i got to melee the mob, and i still had cures. well, then i hit level 41 and became a refresher, and decided to try something else (i guess i was burned out, much as you are now)

i levelled all jobs to 20 to see which one i liked. i found i liked being the puller, so i levelled thief and now ranger.

you just have to experiment to see what you like. take drg to 20 or 25 or so. it can't hurt^^

who knows? you may like it. if not, all that will happen is you'll get over being burned out on your curent main job. am i right?

ionia of Cait Sith! 75 RDM, 75 THF
                    Plotting World Domination and doing silly emotes on a server probably not near you!
                    I live to entertain!

Comment

Thanks Aegina.. And I agree with you. To level Dragoon, you need to be fairly dedicated. You might hear discouraging comments.. long time waiting for partys, which you are deffinately not used to as Whm im sure. Also, youre a taru.. need a lot of Str/Atk+ gear. try to make your own partys often

Comment

I have a 45 thf, so I am used to making my own partys. Also, I was more wondering about how drg can solo. I have been pretty dependant on parts with all my other jobs, and have solod a little as smn for kicks. Can drg solo quite well? And thanks for all the info I know im being annoying with all the questions...

Comment

As long as you keep your wyvern alive DRG is on par with every other DD. DRGs were praised for how much power they had from 1-60. It's after 60 that constantly DRG falls short due to parties going for mobs of skeleton type which DRG and RNGs take a bad hit in damage against them. As bad as the hit is the RNGs still manage but the DRGs just could not compete.

It was once the level cap went beyond 60 that DRGs had their problems and only got worse once the multi-hit TP gain was adjusted (This was due to MNKs using 999 delay H2H and using Asuran Fist, a MNK could do Asuran Fist at end of it have 100+ TP again and go right into Asuran Fist again).

Now DRGs just got some changes done to them also so they may have a little more intrest sparked into them again. Have to wait and see.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Since youre a whm and a taru, you can solo GREAT as Dragoon! If you go Drg/whm for example, you are almost invincible! With /whm sub though, your attack will decrease a bit. This how the healing breath of the wyvern works: When your HP is 1/3 or lower, and you use ANY magic spell you get Healing Breath, which should heal a lot of your HP. For example, at level Drg50/whm25, it cured me 211 HP everytime I used Dia, when my hp was below 33%. +you get a lot of buffs and stuff. Its great. ^^ I would call it one of the best solo jobs.. but yea, people think RDM is better. I dont know.

Comment

Ya sweetkitty i like how you describe dragoon. Dragoon deal great damage there is not doubt, dragoon is more pride and dedication than any other job, many people try to level it without those and stop quick, and then conplain. Every party you enter you have to prove yourself and that you can contribute to it. If you are only leveling it because you want to be different then you might wanna try something else. It is a lot of work and once you start getting invites from people you have partied with you get the sense of pride that you have proben yourself and worth. But if you do level it then well /welcome, and the boards are here for you.
                              [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X