This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Outdamaged!

Er, polearms aren't commonly ineffective against anything. Bones and pots I think it is, of all the families of monsters, are the only ones where we incur damage penalties. Whereas flying monsters are weak against piercing and we get a 25% damage bonus. You'll be leveling off of a lot more flying monsters in the game than bones or pots. Not to mention the Bourdanasse is blunt based for regular hits, so if you'll be 100% able to keep up with a Monk in a bones PT if you happened to get into one.

My staff skill is 110 I think, not the easiest skill to level but I've been working on it with Pld. It's hard keeping so many skills up to date.; ;

Comment

I find Parry hard to level. And you would think DRG would have a higher skill level with it anyway.
      4 out of 3 people have a problem with fractions. . .

Comment

Actually Plm suffer damage handicaps vs shelled and hard creatures, and a few others. Alot of the stuff players lvls on are resistant to plm, it has been to long for me to recall which ones, but it is more then just bones and pots.

As for parry, I wouldn't realy associate Drg with alot of parry, Drgs naturally Jump to avoid damage, and would naturally be better at evasion then parry. I would naturally associate Samurai with Parry, as a Samurai is the class that revolves around his sword wielding.
        Learning > Intelligence > Experience. Weak minds are subject to experience before realization. Inteligent minds understand quickly with minimal experience. Learned minds excersise knowledge gained from study, and do not require experience to reach realization. Which is your claim?

Comment

Originally posted by Bahamut Kaiser
          Actually Plm suffer damage handicaps vs shelled and hard creatures, and a few others. Alot of the stuff players lvls on are resistant to plm, it has been to long for me to recall which ones, but it is more then just bones and pots.
          Actually polearms don't suffer a penalty against shelled creatures, such as the crab.
          http://www015.upp.so-net.ne.jp/reaver/monster.html
          It can be a hard to read but there are keys explaining what all the characters mean. If you want you can use googles language tool to translate the characters as well. Exp mob wise, we only suffer penalties against skeletons, and get a nice bonus against a few others, such as bats. Crabs and other hard shelled creatures (except Uragnite) polearms do not have a damage handicap.

Comment

DMG against Crabs just suck cuz of the def they have.. Though polearms are good for flying type mobs. Saying that, Im happy I have super jump in Valley of Sorrows. =P I dont have any STR gear(amemet mantle) and Id could oftenly do 100 dmg a swing on those birds.

Comment

Wyvern damage is very obviously blunt. it's damage per hit can't seem to pass 180, unless it's fighting something weak to blunt. Try wyvern DoT on pots or skellies and it becomes pretty apparent something fishy is going on.

Also, polearms are weak to skellies, and that's pretty much it.

Comment

If you cast banish on a skelle, it loses that defense to piecing.

Comment

Kek?

Comment

Actually it doesn't negate the polearm damage penalty to skeletons. I just lowers there defence, and this applies to all undead creatures. Was updated a while ago so to find out the info you'd have to go through the update history, and it isn't in the ingame description of banish (I wish they would modify descriptions like that >.<) heres a link to the update info when they changed it a while back. http://www.playonline.com/comnewsus/200310210583.html

Comment

The notes are ambiguously worded. When you penta a VT skelie and you do 140 damage, then someone banishes and you do 400... it's indicative of more than a loss of defense. Banish definitely gets rid of a damage penalty for piercing on bones, and I assume it does the same for blunt on ghosts.

Comment

Kek?

Comment

Originally posted by SelfdestButton
                          The notes are ambiguously worded. When you penta a VT skelie and you do 140 damage, then someone banishes and you do 400... it's indicative of more than a loss of defense. Banish definitely gets rid of a damage penalty for piercing on bones, and I assume it does the same for blunt on ghosts.
                          Correct, the damage percentages would be the same. I tried an experiment with a few friends and how enfeebling abilities can stack up with Dragoons on certain types of mobs.

Comment

Is the effect terminal, or is it like other defense down effects and wears off over time? Does banish affect blunt damage on bones?
                            I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Working...
                            X