• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outdamaged!

zomg!
    Attached Files

Re: Outdamaged!

yeah.. sucks fighting skeles when you dont have a staff lvled high, or that blunt lance.

Comment

I was about to ask what job Cerulean was. Then i realized. All I got to say is ouch. It could be worse, though. When I level BST, an EM pet usually deals 2-4x my melee damage.

TheCraft - Crafting Linkshell
      Personality Tests

Comment

Yea I was there skilling it up and stopped to kill lichs for a friend on the other side of the zone. Cerulean kept pulling hate. ; ;

Is she considered blunt? I can't figure out what they would be if anything.

Comment

I think wyvern goes through all types of dmg..like the ultimate kind of damage thing.

But to keep up with this thread:

You got pwnt gimpy DRG

Comment

lol owned.

Comment

Yeah Imp, thats the only reason I could think of. Unless you unlocked the uber pimp wyvern quest. Turning Cerulean into one major badass.
              I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

I think Wyverns ignore mobs defense. That's part of the problem. Also their damage isn't a specific type. So they don't have the penalties that other weapons have. It's just a guess on the damage type, but I'm more than sure that Wyverns ignore mob defense.
                My Signature. Now with 50% more processed ham product than those other leading signatures.

Which FF Character Are You?
                Originally posted by Balfree
                Why does every discussion have to be a little festivity of sorts, with purple doom rain and lunatic frogs singing the yodelay on top of mushrooms and little babies being eaten by crazy flying cows and green gas explosions on the horizon and screaming goats?

Comment

Yes wyverns do blunt dmg, thats why they usually dont do great dmg against other mobs, but against skeles they can do really well.

Take The Quiz Yourself!

Comment

yeah wyverns dont do good dmg against mobs but they like to eat skeletons for lunch ......YUMMY
                    ------------------------------------------------------

-DEATH?? What is this word you speak of? I can not die I AM IMMORTAL

-yeah yeah i at least heard 1000 of u say the same thing and they all felt tip of my blade

Comment

Wyverns do basicly the exact same damage ratio vs all things, and when your fighting a skeleton which is notouriously difficult to damage, they still put out the same. Drk vs Drg fighting bone with their primary weapon choice, even if the Drk was putting out higher numbers himself, the wyvern would easily put Drg on top, furthermore, Drg are great with staffs, and if you lvl up your 2 handed staff you will do WAY more damage yourself then most DD classes except monk, and then you can tack your wyvern to the equation.

Or you can just take the easy route and get a polearm with blunt damage, either way, Drg with a blunt weapon and wyvern are second or best vs undead, and undead make great soloing material for a soloing Drg/Whm, just make sure you have your staff lvled up before trying to exp with it.
                      Learning > Intelligence > Experience. Weak minds are subject to experience before realization. Inteligent minds understand quickly with minimal experience. Learned minds excersise knowledge gained from study, and do not require experience to reach realization. Which is your claim?

Comment

What is a DRG's Staff skill rated anyway?
                        Odude
                        PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
                        RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
                        SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

B-

http://www.ausystem.org/~aushacho/gb...skill-e.html#5

Comment

that cant be true bahamut i finally got the game my wryven seems to do more damge maybe im hullucinating
                            ------------------------------------------------------

-DEATH?? What is this word you speak of? I can not die I AM IMMORTAL

-yeah yeah i at least heard 1000 of u say the same thing and they all felt tip of my blade

Comment

You probably don't understand this discussion Sephiroth. There are damage modifiers for different weapons and enemy types, polearms is commonly ineffective against many creatures. The up side to Drg is that Wyvern does universal damage, and does the same amount of damage reguardless of armor type. This does not include the lvl of the enemy or the lvl of yourself/wyvern, I am implying the damage a wyvern does vs all kinds of monsters at the same lvl.

The wyvern does his share of damage no matter what the enemy is, so against certain enemies which have realy annoying armor types wyvern accells, making him much more useful.

If you just got the game you realy know very little, the damage factors in this game are complicated and go up many lvls of analysis. I didn't make it to lvl 60 Drg without taking the time to learn just about everything there is to know about Drg, it's not like I didn't have enough spare time between parties.
                              Learning > Intelligence > Experience. Weak minds are subject to experience before realization. Inteligent minds understand quickly with minimal experience. Learned minds excersise knowledge gained from study, and do not require experience to reach realization. Which is your claim?

Comment

Working...
                              X