Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Taru DRK hate?

Originally posted by Hell-bottom View Post
    notice: This is FFXI not WOW so keep the DPS out of this , it's not what FFXI is all about.
    LoL

Edit:
    Why not? When Swift Belt is one of the most lusted after waist pieces? I'm sure that it sucks. I'm sorry, please give me a lifebelt! 10Acc at level 75 even though I'm eating Sole Sushi will make or break me!
    The Tao of Ren
    FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
    Originally posted by Kaeko
    As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Daziz View Post
      OMG.

Hell-bottom sounds like a noob.

Taru can play any class very well. Im a tarutaru and i have a lv75 war and lv73 sam once my sam hits 75 im goin to be taking drk to 75.

On my war and sam i have out dmged other races with same weapon skills like rampage and tachi gekko not always but every now and then but mostly everything is kind of average on ws dmg. Its not just about dmg anyway its about skill of the player alot of things to think about one thing could the person pull with out problems.

Players skill > Gear > race in my opinion.

Also i dont know what it is but tarus acc does seem better than a elvaans acc so if a elvaan is hitting for 100 and taru hitting for 88 taru could possible hit more than the elvaan making them do better dmg in long run and build tp faster.

Ive played with a number of very good galka whms and smns in the time ive played in this game better than there taru counter parts.

Only real weakness taru have is there low hp's and thats about it.
      1-everyone has better acc than elvs .
      2-if you want better acc. it's mithras and they even have better STR than tarus and more HP .
      so yeah .. tarus still sux in an avarage comparison.
      3- don't tell me you're life story , i'm not talking about you , i'm talking in general , you wont hear me telling a taru with a Bravura that he sux and that he should quit .

Comment

lol wishmaster3k Swift belt is indeed a wanted piece of armor , but theres a little problem , he can't give it to you ... coz it's something we call : Rare/ex

Comment

your the one saying that taru suck at melee and they should only stick to mage jobs.

but u dont take in any info that is given to u about how in other ways there better than other races. Just simple facts that they hit more can make them do more dmg overal than a elvaan.

Most fights can end very quickly with a sc at like 50% so if the drk dont get tp fast enough to close the sc then u can have a problem of possibly losing the exp chain.

Faster the mobs die the faster u get exp simple as that.

Comment

(food)(do you need it?)

Comment

Yeah, Sonic or w/e it is. It sells for like 30-50mil and no one sells it on the AH unless they're showing off.

And this is a pointless argument, Daziz just hit the nail on the head.

Moving on, what about subbing NIN to DRK at higher levels. What's the feasability of that?
              The Tao of Ren

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
              As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

/sigh Are we still talking about this? Any race can play any job effectively. There are small differences, but for the most party nobody cares. Those on one side of the arguement are never going to convince those on the other to change their viewpoint. I've never seen it happen in the probably hundreds of pages of race threads on the board. So with that in mind, let's all just save our energy on this coversation, shall we?

And guys, if it looks like a troll, and it smells like a troll, and you think it might be a troll, don't throw food at it!
                lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Food sounds good wonder what should eat then.

Anyway all melee would be using sushi for the extra acc but even then players still miss the mob its simple as that, a taru would still hit more even if both were eating sushi.

I personally dont think u have played much of ffxi to know what ur talking about on any server there is quite alot of lv75 taru melee and if taru were no good at melee and race ment everything then surely there would be no taru melee at 75.

Comment

Subbing Nin for Drk is pretty good if needed for the pty set up. When i lved war in a burn pty at 60 we had a drk/nin for the burn pty and worked out pretty good but i would think would be alot better for 70+ burn ptys.

Comment

Wow first DP ever ><
                      Last edited by ValisOfValefor; 10-14-2006, 04:13 PM.

I will live, and die by the Sword

Comment

Originally posted by WishMaster3K View Post
                        Yeah, Sonic or w/e it is. It sells for like 30-50mil and no one sells it on the AH unless they're showing off.

And this is a pointless argument, Daziz just hit the nail on the head.

Moving on, what about subbing NIN to DRK at higher levels. What's the feasability of that?
                        level DRK then Figure it out yourself GB ..oh sorry i meant (i got this from a friend that's quitting the game blah blah plz dont kill me ) lol xD

i'm out of here .

Comment

Originally posted by Vyuru
                          But you won't see other paladin tanks eager to take on spiders, and other paladin tanks will die just as easily to Sickle Slash, so I think it is a moot point.
                          Umm in my entire time in Quicksand Caves I never once fell to Sickle Slash, So I dont mind tanking spiders, heck I enjoys them.

Now that War/nin on the other hand...

He got one shotted by sickle slash, when he decided to do his WS before I got solid hate control

But on topic I enjoy Taru Darks, And I've seen them put up better numbers than other races. That is if properly equiped

I will live, and die by the Sword

Comment

Umm in my entire time in Quicksand Caves I never once fell to Sickle Slash, So I dont mind tanking spiders, heck I enjoys them.
                            Wow, that's pretty impressive. Most paladin tanks I have will only really consider them after we've killed all the beetles, THEN they'll consider spiders I haven't seen too many paladin die to spiders, which is good since Sickle Slash on the whm would kinda hurt

offtopic

Quick question though, is it true that BarEarth will reduce the damage that sickle slash does? I had a paladin tell me that, but I was never able to get the whm to test it out.

back on topic

I've seen some nice numbers put out by drk/nin with dual axes, or axe+sword. My only complaint about that is that as a dragoon, you aren't using the scythes, great axes, or great swords that I love SCing with so much, but the axes do put out some lovely damage, especially with Soul Eater is it? The one that adds 10% of your hp to your damage. Utsusemi gives you some leeway in case you grab hate which is nice, and you can drain back any hp that you lose.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by WishMaster3K View Post
                              I welcome this derail. I dunno, I've heard people say it works but I'm not sure if I buy it. Even with maxed sword merits and suppanomimi, you're still only looking at a B+ ranking in sword. Less than people like for you to have to melee. I know wars do /nin and offhand Ridill for TP, but not only do they have 10 more skill, but they usually mainhand an axe when they do that right? So their WS would be based on that A-ranked weapon.

Edit: Hmm. If you can finish Waking the Beast (quite a feat) and are lucky enough to see Shiva's Shotel drop, you could mainhand that and maybe that would work. It's got 45 base damage and +8 accuracy, which might make up for your naturally lower attack and acc due to weapon skill.
                              lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

I'm saying DRK/NIN because the ONLY job that stole hate from me once I hit 37 as a PLD was a taru DRK/NIN. But iirc, he did it because he kept his job abilities active for longer than most other DRK, and unless I'm mistaken, isn't that a noob move? I mean, it does good damage, but I heard that SE is only for burst damage.

But anyway, he would do it, get massive hate, and the shadows kept him alive long enough for me to run over to him and Cover, or pull hate back with Flash and Voke.

Also, are there DRKs that cast more than ABS-DEX and ABS-TP? With my MP, I'd be spamming Drain, Aspir, ABS-TP/STR/DEX whenever I could. I think that is the advantage of being a Taru: We can afford to cast those Absorb spells that cover our weaknesses.

And I have "capped" dark magic from lvling RDM to 75 (Which capped at 200, iirc. lolRDMDarkSkill.)
                                The Tao of Ren

Comment

Working...
                                X