Ground Strike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ground Strike

Any good info on this NM. I know its a tiger in Altepa, but thats a ll i know. any help would be much apreciated. thank you
    BLM 75
    DRK 75
    WAR 75
    SCH 75
    THF 73
    BST51
    PLD 46
    WHM 42
    RDM 38
    SAM 37
    NIN 37
    MNK 27
    BLU 7 (who knows)
    PUP 5 (staying right where it is)
    DRG 27
    SMN 12 (SMN75 oneday)
    BRD 14 (no intrest as of yet)
    RNG 5 (gil sink no thanks)
    SAM 37
    Beating up Gigas one at a time for their lunch money!
    Retribution: O Spiral Hell: O Ground Strike: O Savage Blade: O Black Halo: O Evisceration: O Decimation: O Steel Cyclone: O

Re: Ground Strike

I helped a friend take it out. It's a tiger in Altepa. This guy is WEAK. Killed with NIN WHM SMN DRK RNG. Took about 8-10 minutes.

WS is really only for show. Spinning Slash > Ground Strike.
    Rodin - Ragnarok Server (Out of Retirement)
    90BRD 90SMN 90WHM 75BLM 75RDM 61BST 50RNG 37NIN 37THF

Goal: All jobs max level and capped merits.

Comment

The one thing I remembered from my fight was it loved to spam Paralyze.
      To any BLMs complaining about TP Burn parties; What goes around, comes around. Shut up.

Comment

I just got the sword of trials, and for the love of god cant find a sc partner lol. so far the last 3 skill up pts , were loaded with thf and pld and mages. not one drg or sam. So far i have 100 pts gone from 100 spinning slashes lol. maybe i can have it gone by next sunday.
        BLM 75
        DRK 75
        WAR 75
        SCH 75
        THF 73
        BST51
        PLD 46
        WHM 42
        RDM 38
        SAM 37
        NIN 37
        MNK 27
        BLU 7 (who knows)
        PUP 5 (staying right where it is)
        DRG 27
        SMN 12 (SMN75 oneday)
        BRD 14 (no intrest as of yet)
        RNG 5 (gil sink no thanks)
        SAM 37
        Beating up Gigas one at a time for their lunch money!
        Retribution: O Spiral Hell: O Ground Strike: O Savage Blade: O Black Halo: O Evisceration: O Decimation: O Steel Cyclone: O

Comment

it's not too bad of a nm in my opinion. had 2 rdm, nin, pld, war and drk if i remember right. myself and the war were bouncing the hate between the pld and nin and it went down quickly. couple of good DD and you'll be fine. does have a nasty paralyze attack but nothing a good mage cant handle!
          Both sides of the coin - Saviour and Villan
          DRK75 PLD75
          San10 / Win10 / Bas10
          --------------------------------------------------------
          Smithing 82.0+2 (Sheeting)
          Clothcraft 55.6
          Alchemy 56.0
          Woodworking 49.0
          Goldsmithing 18.0
          Leathercraft 56.0
          Bonecraft 53.0
          --------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Rodin
            WS is really only for show. Spinning Slash > Ground Strike.
            300TP Ground Strike > Spinning Slash

Comment

Ground Strike is one of the reasons I decided to level Dark Knight. It'd better not suck. :\

I'm planning to unleash it on an Orcish Fodder as soon as I have it. So does it work best with a Subduer, or is Balin's Sword adequate for end of the line purposes?

Comment

Originally posted by Erebus
                300TP Ground Strike > Spinning Slash
                If you're a DRK, and you have 300% TP in a party, you need to kick your renkei partner, and get another one.

Comment

Ground strike can come in handy for Drk occassionally. Like if I'm in a merit pt, the leader will ask me who I can make light with. I went down the list and eventually said Ground Strike > Tachi: Kasha. We got a Drk and made decent xp.

Title: Sergeant Major
                  SAM75, RNG75, PUP75, PLD60, My NPC65
                  Bastok Rank 10, San d'Oria Rank 10, Windurst Rank 10
                  Missions: Completed/Zilart Completed/CoP Completed/ToAU: Playing the Part-Sergeant Major
                  Midgardsormr|Cactuar (MNK51)

Comment

Spinning Slash is on the same spot as Ground Strike. Ground Strike is really only good for HNMs, it seems to penetrate defense more than Spinning Slash. I don't know for sure which is better, because I'm forced to get on my NIN for all HNM events, but I am almost certain that Ground Strike is better for HNMs, SS for EXP.
                    [無謀な火] RecklessFire
                    Endgame Linkshell
                    Ninja Lv. 75, Dark Knight Lv. 75, Corsair Lv. 27
                    Merits: Sword Lv.1, Evasion Lv.4, Crit% Lv.4

Comment

Originally posted by fastcart
                      Ground strike can come in handy for Drk occassionally. Like if I'm in a merit pt, the leader will ask me who I can make light with. I went down the list and eventually said Ground Strike > Tachi: Kasha. We got a Drk and made decent xp.
                      Yeah. SS and Ground Strike are in the same spot on the renkei chart, so I don't see why you would be choosing Ground strike over it.

Ground strike's NM is no big deal, a PT of the proper jobs could take him down, possibly even a PT of 4 with 2 NIN tanks if you really wanted to push it. The WS is really only good on Wyrms or Gods, where DEF is an issue (Ground Strike @ 300% TP ignores defense).
                      | PLD 75 | NIN 75 | SAM 72 | BRD 75 | RNG 48 | BLM 40 | WHM 37 |
                      Leader of the Templars of Baldur

Comment

If you're a DRK, and you have 300% TP in a party, you need to kick your renkei partner, and get another one.
                        Funny, I didn't see you mention anything about which is better in a party when you made the initial comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by Credos
                          Yeah. SS and Ground Strike are in the same spot on the renkei chart, so I don't see why you would be choosing Ground strike over it.
                          LOL ... common misconception.

Unlike Spinning Slash, Ground Strike can close and open Light. Because it occupies two elemental (level 2) properties. Most people believe that spots are interchangable with regards to level 3. IT IS NOT ENTIRELY TRUE.

Hence Ground Strike > Spinning Slash. Not because of the damage, but because it allows a DRK to SC with just about anyone and their grandmothers.

Comment

Spinning slash can both Open and close light. That's how I broke my latent for club.

Spinning Slash > Hexa Strike = Light. It works the other way too.

At least that's what I believe what you were trying to say; that you can't both open and close light with Spinning.

Comment

Spinning slash can both Open and close light. That's how I broke my latent for club.

Spinning Slash > Hexa Strike = Light. It works the other way too.

At least that's what I believe what you were trying to say; that you can't both open and close light with Spinning.
                              No, you're right Rodin. I slipped in that. What I mean to say was that Ground Strike can be on two sides, Light and Darkness whereas Spinning Slash can only be with Light. Sorry about that confusion.

Ground Strike is Fragmentation A
                              Ground Strike is Distortion B

This also means it's possible to perform a Ground Strike to Ground Strike SC (Resulting in Distortion)

Thus, Ground Strike > Spinning Slash on the basis of flexibility. Plus, at 300% TP, it blows Spinning Slash at 300% TP as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X