This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worth it?

I just recently purchased a Plastron (yes, that uber rare DRK JSE body). I want to know your opinions on it opposed to Hauberk.

Plastron:
    +8 STR +16ATTK
    +14% physical damage taken <-- realy won't matter when /thf
    Adds "Refresb Affect"

Hauberk:
    +10 acc +10 attk +5 str +5 dex -10 eva

I am currently a 74 DRK, I know at this lvl, you don't need as much ACC as you did when you were a lower lvl. Since, you only fight VT and Ts, mostly.

discuss!
    In the moonlight, your face it glows.. like a thousand diamonds, I suppose.
    And your hair flows like.. The ocean breeze...
    Not a million fights could make me hate you, you’re invincible.
    Yeah, It’s true.
    It’s in your eyes, where I find peace.

[I love you, Rebecca :D!]

Re: Worth it?

If i were you... (and spent uurb gil on the Plastron)

0%->100%~ use Hauberk (attack, accuracy, str, dex... over-all "nummyness")

100%-> WS use Plastron (more attack, more str)

WS = I would imagine that affording a Plaston means your into sky/sea/hnm/"end-game" so you'd have Adaman/Hacatomb gear to swap for WS, so you'd use whichever peice is gonna boost stats for that WS.

"downtime when you could use the extra mp" use Plastron (duh?)

I'm not a DRK... but I know a lot about "random stuff"... and that's what I would do.

By no means should you ever "replace" Hauberk with Plastron.
    Alauna >> : yea.. what do TC majors do, anyways?
    >> Alauna : we are capable of doing lots of things, but aren't really experts in anything :-p
    Alauna >> : oh, so your a RDM?
    >> Alauna : yeah...

Comment

In any party where you won't be worried about accuracy, you'll prolly be using Guillotine. If you're using guillotine, you will prolly be /war or /nin. /nin would work well and in which case, the Phys dmg+ won't matter once again. That said, I think plastron would be nice for WS... if you're comfortable with your acc on all 4 hits of it.

Even people in an HNM LS can't count on Adaman Hauberk. But on the offchance that you do get it, I'd prolly recommend not spending money on Hecatomb Harness just in case Adaman comes around. the more you run around and stun Whirl of Rage, the more benefit you'll find from the refresh effect. You may consider going the other way around: Plastron for normal melee swings since you can get enough acc elsewhere and Haub for WS since it's the acc on the extra 3 swings of guillo that I'd be worried about. This idea of Plastron for TP becomes more true if you ever get adaman hauberk since it easily surpasses plastron in pretty much everything but refresh.
      "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

I use /thf in exp PTs because DRK is GREAT for ending light.

Kasha > Spinning Slash/ground strike

Mistral axe > spinning slash/ground strike

are mostly what we use. i always use spinning slash in exp PTs, so acc on WS isnt important. what is important, building my TP, drk is the slowest TP builder job, besides war/thf w/ great axe.
        Yeah, It’s true.

Comment

The main problem with the DRK JSE is the huge increase in damage taken. Remember that more attack and more strength equates to more hate on you. I'd only recommend it for WSing so that the time you spend vulnerable to more damage is lessened.
          All spells obtained!
          Homam Gear: 2/5

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy
            I am currently a 74 DRK, I know at this lvl, you don't need as much ACC as you did when you were a lower lvl. Since, you only fight VT and Ts, mostly.
            usually in parties that tackle this level of mobs, soloing WS is preferred. That war opening with mistral axe will be doing rampage (prolly with a maneater, which means his damage is gimped for every swing he takes after 100%tp) and you'll using guillotine whenever you get the chance. So keeping scythe in mind would be a very smart move. As for spinning slash, heck yea. you have hauberk and if you're doing SATA spinning slash, you don't need dex or acc. So Plastron all the way.

And no, Drk/anything won't out-tp a war/thf with a greataxe. With a War's Double attack enhancements and aggressor, I don't see how you'd come to that conclusion.
            "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

And no, Drk/anything won't out-tp a war/thf with a greataxe. With a War's Double attack enhancements and aggressor, I don't see how you'd come to that conclusion.
              I didn't mean it like that, I ment WAR/THF wasnt the best job at building TP, just as DRK isnt either.

Plus, I bet
              DRK/DRG could out TP a WAR/THF with GAXE or DRK/SAM lol
              Yeah, It’s true.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyPeorth
                The main problem with the DRK JSE is the huge increase in damage taken. Remember that more attack and more strength equates to more hate on you. I'd only recommend it for WSing so that the time you spend vulnerable to more damage is lessened.
                But, read what the OP said ... /THF. Taking on hate is good, because you transfer ALL OF THAT with a successful TA.

Now, JSE on a sub WAR? {No thanks}

Comment

Aeni is right I wouldn't risk this stuff with /war sub I sub war and I am afraid to even wear a Werewolf Belt from the extra hate it may give.
                  Main Character: Miklotov
                  Profile: http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?121004

1,826 {Guillotine} {Bibiki Bay} + Dhamel Stomp 916 dmg= {Elvaan} {Dark Knight} {Death} ;_;
                  /war ftw
                  Never posting since October 2003 :3

Comment

Working...
                  X