This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's HQ'ing their AF?

This is one main reason I'm thinking about it.
    Attached Files

Re: Who's HQ'ing their AF?

Saw that dude last night. Its def worth it for drk hands at least.
    75 Mnk Sam | 70 Drk | 40 Blm | 37 Nin Rng Thf War
    Woodworking 91.9+2
    ZM:Complete CoP:Complete ToAU:27

Comment

I thought that AF + 1 was an item drop, not something you can DO!!! ;.; More information please? I'll be searching the common FFXI pages, but it's unlikely i'll find info there. . . ty in advance.

Double Post Edited:
      nvm, Somepage FTW

OK I got some info!

Go to Sagheera in Port Jeuno (I-8)
      Speak to her, purchase the detergent for 50,000 gil and you will see a new window open for AF+1.

AF+1 requires 3 items + a certain amount of Anicent Beastcoins for the it. Items are varied and I will post more later if need be.

AF+1 is TRUE, Level 74 ONLY.

Some wonderful items are priced to in Ancient Beastcoins
      Flawless Ribbon 150
      Brutal Earring 75
      Loquacious Earring 75
      Charger mantle 150
      Jaeger mantle 150
      Boxer's mantle 75
      http://ffxi.somepage.com/news/197#New_Armor_AFPlus
      Last edited by WishMaster3K; 02-01-2006, 05:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      The Tao of Ren
      FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
      Originally posted by Kaeko
      As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Theres a DRK who was in my limbus LS (before I quit running it) who has both +1 hands as well as the +1 Head (cause it has +7 STR I think). Though I'm not DRK I would assume those are the 2 most desired +1 pieces?
        sigpic
        Y'okay!

PSN: goboaj (be my friend damnit)

Comment

Originally posted by Gobo
          Theres a DRK who was in my limbus LS (before I quit running it) who has both +1 hands as well as the +1 Head (cause it has +7 STR I think). Though I'm not DRK I would assume those are the 2 most desired +1 pieces?
          Definitely the helm, because we use Wyvern Helm (or HQ if you're lucky or rich) to replace AFv1 helm with the +STR bonus. I like the gloves better since the stats are definitely attractive.

Hey Tips, guess who I SS'd for the pic? hint: Mithra DRK that goes AFK autofollow in Jeuno on Red Ghost NPC lol.

Double Post Edited:
          Wishmaster, according to MT:

●●Chaos Gauntlets
          ●●Dark Orichalcum
          ●●Black Rivet
          Darksteel Sheet
          Ancient Beastcoin x15

Sagheera : Port Jeuno

You trade all that to get it. In other words, you lose the original AFv1 for the HQ version. Not sure where you're getting your info, but it's definitely not correct. Also this quest is definitely not easy to do, from what I heard (nor is it cheap lol)
          Last edited by Aeni; 02-03-2006, 02:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

If i cant deposit it, its not worth it to me...i rather keep the versitility of a lvl 60 armor thats useful for lvl 60 cap stuff..

Comment

You can request your AF. I have Evk Spats+1 but I also have Evoker's Attire Claim slip as a key item for lvl capped stuff. So basically your getting better gear and 4 more spaces overall. However the Item drops from limbus are poor (2 per chest atm) and coin drops vary
              sigpic
              Y'okay!

PSN: goboaj (be my friend damnit)

Comment

Am I really known as the person who afk follows red ghost...? I haven't done that in like weeks!

edit: I haven't re-quested the gloves yet (so damn lazy!) but, I keep AF out anyway since the helm is good for dark skill and souleater (unless you have level 50 JSE body... too bad they don't stack). and also pre-75 (well 74 with AF+1), the helm is the highest +str you can get on headgear... that I'm aware of anyway.

Comment

so aeni, would that mean you would start using weapon bash more?
                  Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
                  ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Comment

omgosh it was a joke. you know, weapon bash being a useless ja and all.

/does the robot

Comment

I think I actually saw it stun once with the gloves on, or maybe I lagged for a second, I'm not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Omni-Ragnarok
                          so aeni, would that mean you would start using weapon bash more?
                          I'd only use it more often if they reduced the cool-down timer for that and Shield Bash to 1 min. As it stands, 5 min cool-down means that I keep it in standby if my stun is not up -- but I also need to be facing the monster. Which isn't a nice thing to do imo.

I'm not even asking that Weapon Bash proc-on-demand as fast as Provoke, although I've seen someone claim Faffy once with Weapon Bash. LOL

Comment

Weapon Bash is actually quite useful in some ways...if stun isnt up and big IT mob (usually goblin) usin flare or something, Weapon Bash normally stuns...or if your fightin a TW and its on its last bit of HP, Weapon Bash normally finishes it off
                            I've had it stun a few times but i mainly use it to interrupt casting...its interrupted casting 80% of the time for me. The Cool down timer is abit annoyin due to how crap the JA can be...
                            DRK74~Remora
                            SM8-1
                            BM6-1 (Currently San d'Orian)
                            ZM14 "Ark Angels"
                            PM: Complete!

Which FF Character Are You?
                            hmmm....

Comment

my drk friend would always complain about weapon bash being a pos. he says its next to useless. just gives you a free 15dmg or something. /shrug. if the af+1 makes it proc more often, that would definately be very useful.

Comment

Working...
                              X