This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Info] [Can I have it?]

My drk is lvl 36 atm. I'm wearing RSE body and legs(Elvaan male) and Royal Sqr. Sollerets(boots) and Mufflers. (I dont have full RSE so sue me >.>) I have a Falx (Gsword) and Mercenary Captains Scythe.

My GSword skill is 103 and Scythe Skill is 105. I have venurer's ring equipped and have tilt belt for lvl 40 and a life belt to equip for lvl 48. I would like to know what armors and equips i should buy and where i should go to skill up at this lvl; for weapons and for magic skill.
    I do not fear the darkness...

Re: [Info] [Can I have it?]

royal squire's mufflers are better than your RSE. @40, get Royal Squire's Chainmail. Not only does it have decent stats, it looks f'n sexy.

Rings are the hard part. While I think a DRK could wear STR rings and eat sushi and be awesome, you might as well start saving for a pair of snipers. once you hit 59/60, you have a costly body upgrade that you might consider selling the snipers for. At that point, you will prolly know your performance better than me and won't have to ask.

keep up the good work.
    "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

K, thanks. Yeah i plan on going for the whole Royal Squire's look. Snipers expensive on Garuda, so I guess i need to find some good linkshells that hunt NMS and such. I also plan on subbing SAM for DRK after i reach lvl 60.

Any other advice would be appreciated.

Comment

Ok i hit lvl40 this weekend.(work suckz ><) Currently i have equipped:

Mutilator(Scythe) +4 or 5 accuracy i dont remember which

Zambuark(Crossbow) i have no marksmanship skill

Magna Jerkin(dont have enough money for Ryl. Sqr. Chainmail atm)

Ryl. Sqr. Mufflers, Sollerets and Breeches/Trousers.

Tilt Belt, Venurer's Ring, and Balance Ring

Trader's Chapeau(just cuz it looks cool)

Wolf Mantle, Spike Necklace, and 2x Beetle Earrings +1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any information regarding skilling up(magic, melee and ranged), armor and weapon advice (quests for scythes or gswords) would be much appreciated.

Comment

I doubt monsters have changed much at those levels since JP release. I wonder what a DRK/WAR can do at level 40 eating a Carbonara instead of sushi. w~

Ya know ... it might be an interesting test.

Comment

Ok first off rethink the SAM sub at 60, and by rethink I mean get rid of.
            Meditate sounds like a super duper awesome ability, but that and Third Eye are the ONLY things /SAM is going to give you. /WAR will add far more damage from support abilities like 'zerk and double attack (which coincidentally helps make up the TP lapse from no Meditate) You're going to do more damage with /WAR and be able to possibly first voke to SAnTA the Main Tank. The only other real option is /THF which is still limited in use until 66 when you get Splinning Slash with GSword, I'd advise you read the subjob sticky at the top of the forum for more info than this.

Second, you shouldn't need RSE at all as an Elvaan DRK, the MP boosts are nice, yeah, but other equipment is going to do you much better, as ELV MP isn't nearly as bad as Galka MP, they get about twice as much.

For skilling you can hit up the jungles and try some mandys, they should still give raises.
            Galka Pride. Tubbers: Retired Nov. 3 2004, unretired Nov. 17 2005
            28 PLD - Super gimp
            30 WAR - Gimp
            33 SMN - Slighly gimp
            34 THF - MEGA Gimp
            37 WHM - Slightly Gimp
            60 DRK - Gimpy mcGimenstein
            Why? Rikura did it >.>
            Max Chain 23 (Summoner)
            Most levels in one party 13 (White Mage)
            Most gimp Dark Knight (I don't even have rings at all = MND + 2)

Comment

Orz i havent lvled DRK in quite a while but now I'm lvl44.

Equips:
              Raven Scythe(AF1)
              Have all Ryl. Sqr. Armor except for head.
              Tilt belt for +5 acc
              Venurer's Ring +3 acc
              Balance Ring
              Spike Necklace
              Wolf Mantle
              Silver Hairpin
              Crossbow of some sorts

Comment

Yeah, do yourself a favor and don't sub samurai. Its situational at best. It'd be best to stick to the cookiecutters: /WAR and /THF. You like cookies, don't you?
                RDM 75 - SMN 72 - WHM 37 - BLM 37 - DRK 37 -
                Bastok Rank 10 Completed
                Rise of the Zilart 16 "The Celestial Nexus"
                Chains of Promathia 8 - 1 "Garden of Antiquity"
                Treasures of Aht Urghan 13 "Lost Kingdom"

Comment

The Balance Ring is better replaced by either a STR ring or preferrably an accuracy ring like Sniper or Woodsmans. Even if you use sushi, you'll still need a bit of +acc gear, if not as much. Head wise, a Valkyrie's Mask or Walkure Mask is probably the best thing you could get.

Comment

Yeah i would rather have another acc+ ring but they're in the millions of gil so i just hope i get a bard or corsair in pt =\

Also yeah ill just stick with /war and /thf. Mainly /war since i dont have thf lvled.

Comment

You don't really need thief as a sub until you hit 66, anyway. But if you're short on money and you can level thief to 15, it's good for hunting leeches and crawlers in Pashhow Marshlands. The Beastman's Blood from the leeches and the silk from crawlers both sell quite well in stacks.

Comment

Working...
                      X